Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Korro-Sama

Anime Face Tutorial

Tutorialface.png?t=1231888161

Part I: Eyes

The anime eye is incredibly simple. Some look at it and are intimidated by the detail, but the fact is, it is the truest kind of beauty... simplicity. It takes a mere 5 steps to make the basic eye, and for one attuned to this process of 5 steps, the eye can be done in a few seconds.

Step 1

Step1.png?t=1231888999

First, start with the base of the eye, which is the top lid. This is done in one simple stroke with a slight curve in it. Where that curve peaks tells of the emotion of the character more than almost any other part of the anime face.

Step 2

Step2.png?t=1231890105

The next part hardly needs explanation. Just add the lower lid. It's hardly of any consequence. It's a nearly straight line directly beneath the upper lid.

Step 3

Step3.png?t=1231890245

This next part can be tricky. The key is not to draw a full circle. The top will be suggested. Draw a simple horse-shoe shape. The positioning is something that will come to you naturally over time, but for now, just choose a spot in the middle. You can make the bottom of it touch the lower lid if you wish, but only if the eye is narrowed or partially shut.

Step 4

Step4.png?t=1231890795

This is another simple step. Add the pupil. The pupil will have the same shape as the iris holds, only smaller.

Step 5

Step5.png?t=1231892963

The final step is one that only comes fluidly with practice. This is the touchup. Adding extra boundaries to complete the eye and adding shadow within the eye are things that you do based on your imagination, and each anime artist goes about this step in a different way. Have fun with it. This is where your individuality can shine through.

Part 2: Noses

COMING SOON

I too agree! There is a certain kind of mystical touch to the anime, in my arguable opinion. But the fact that it is equally beautiful and simple is what that makes this much more valuable. After all, simplicity is still the most sophistication! Anyway, I am waiting for its release!