Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
koshi

Looking to get a new computer.

Well dang, that one got discontinued before I could order it. D:

This is harder than I thought it was gonna be. lol

Would this one be fine? If so I'll probably order it today so I don't have to look for case again xP

I've already ordered the CPU cooler (which just got here today) and the RAM thingy.

EDIT: I'm considering this one too even though it costs a wee bit more, just because I'd rather have blue lights instead of red to match my mouse xP

The Coolermaster.

The motherboard I picked out for you is a microATX formfactor. So, it will really fit in just about any case that says "Micro ATX" or "ATX". So, really its a matter of what do you like the style of, do you care if it has USB 3.0 on the front of it, and how many fans do you want to stuff into it

Okay, I've got the whole thing put together and I have all of the parts except for the operating system (which I've ordered).

When I start the computer, it runs for a few seconds, then gives a short little beep (which I think means it's passed the POST, right?) and then goes to this screen:

reboot-and-select-prooer.jpg (This isn't a picture I took of my monitor, just a picture I found from searching, but I get exactly the same thing)

Is this normal? Also it doesn't seem to respond when I push keys on the keyboard (admittedly I haven't tried very many keys or combinations of keys), but the keyboard I have is a USB keyboard, I don't know if that will make a difference.

Okay, so I finally got the operating system (after about three weeks of shipping mishaps and such), but I can't really seem to get the computer to recognize that this disk is in the drive. :/

Even with the disc in the disc drive, it still just gives me the same screen I posted a picture of earlier. And the keyboard doesn't seem to have any effect (yes, it is plugged in all the way).

Does it matter which SATA port on the motherboard that I plugged the drive in to?

Also, I'm not sure how to get into the BIOS settings of the motherboard, especially with the keyboard not working...:(

EDIT: The keyboard works fine when I plug it into my laptop, but it won't do anything other than light up when plugged into the desktop. I can't even turn Caps lock on or anything.

EDIT: Okay, I borrowed my mom's keyboard, and the computer will respond to that one (it's not a USB keyboard) but all it does when I "press a key" like it's asking me to is just go down a line and repeat the exact same message. I'm so lost on this right now..... :( :( :(

AND ANOTHER EDIT!: Norzman showed me how to get to the BIOS settings, it's looking now like the CD/DVD drive isn't plugged in all the way or something because the HDD is the only thing that shows up on the SATA connections (thank you Norzie :3)

AND ANOTHER EDIT!: Turns out that's what it was. I'm installing Windows 7 now. Crisis averted xP

AND ANOTHER EDIT!: Norzman showed me how to get to the BIOS settings' date=' it's looking now like the CD/DVD drive isn't plugged in all the way or something because the HDD is the only thing that shows up on the SATA connections (thank you Norzie :3)

[/quote']

No problem ^.=.^

Any time