Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

A Newsletter?

Hey all,

Just was wondering if something like a newsletter would be a good idea to send out to keep up on the things happening at CF. Since a lot of things happen on IRC some people who just go on the boards might not be up-to-date.

It might help get some more activity on here too, so I guess that might be something to think about.

I think there was a plan to get a newsletter going at some point...

/me realizes his logs from the year-end review IRC session are on his other computer a few thousand miles away...

I agree, a newsletter would be good. ^^ It would help me get out info on Bible study happenings.

From recent discussions, I'm assuming that "we decided that we were going to do this" is no longer true... (and the fact I've never received any XD)

What happened to the idea, anyway?

I say we should start it up again!

I disagree:

-Collect a few old things from the gallery and showcase them

-Note a few new/recent/popular topics

-Note a few (or a lot of) new members

-Direlda's Bible Study's still going on, it's current status could be included

-Current proposed projects/ideas could be listed/outlined (for what CF should/could be doing)

-Evangelism progress or problems or simple updates on various sites

-A friendly "Hello, we still exist and we want to do stuff!" reminder would be good for any inactive members :)

Thanks chess123mate, for reminding me I should be trying harder to advertise the Bible study... (I wouldn't say it's mine - I just steward it for this community) ^^

So Flech, who was heading up the newsletter? I'll do my best to give the proper info. ^^

The two best ways I have found are by Chatzilla, which is free plugin for Firefox, or by purchasing mIRC, which is what I did. The directions are how to do it and where to go are on that link

I would have to recommend Xchat or IceChat over mIRC...

For simplicity tho you can't go wrong with Chatzilla or 0irc