Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Dante

Collars

A handfull of friends and myself are interested in getting collars, and I was hopeing that some of you can provide recomendations for places to get them. What I am mainly looking for is: size/basic content of invertory, price range, pros, cons. I would also welcome any DIY recources if anyone has some good ones. Thanks!

I have some comfy collars I love wearing. I found 'em in the pet sections in most stores (Dollar Stores, Grocery Stores, Pet Supermarket, etc). :D If you do buy them at stores, always try them on first or look at the sizes before you do just in case.

I have some comfy collars I love wearing. I found 'em in the pet sections in most stores (Dollar Stores' date=' Grocery Stores, Pet Supermarket, etc). :D If you do buy them at stores, always try them on first or look at the sizes before you do just in case.

[/quote']

Yea I agree with this comment.

Know your collar size before you go shopping. Take a measuring tape and fit it around your neck to get a good idea of what size collar to get.

Pets,art has a good selection of sizes, colors, makes and models for collars.

But know that they won't always be the most comfortable. I had to modify my colors from there a few times to make them stop itching, or poking me.

On the plus side petsmart has these little machines that will make you come custom tags for you color for about 5 dollars!

Those Kinds of Collins are Good for when your starting out and want to see what it would be like. they are cheep normally between 10-20 dollars.

However, the best collars would be the customs makes ones from collar factory.

The website Rykand posted.

I got two from there and I love them! far nicer and better then the pet ones, and they have lasted much longer.

Plus you can customize them anyway you want! even special order them, just gotta send them a note.

If you do get them from there you should buy the lamb skin in lining for the collar, it's really nice.

^^

I have some pictures of them intact including my old pet collar.

I like the desighn of the pet collar. With the buckle and the ring close to each other.

the colors from collar factory will all come with the ring on the opposit side of the buckle, unless you special order them.

Means the buckle will be on the back of your neck, while the ring is on the front.

Phew! Hope I helpped! ^^ want any more information? I would love to help out more.

To me wearing a collar just seems kind of.... Goth' date=' don't you think? The idea of wearing a collar to me is just pretty uncomfortable and awkward.

[/quote']

I've given it thought, but it's just not me. My fursona is a deer and they don't really wear collars lol, and plus the idea of publicly flaunting a pet collar is awkward. I'm introverted enough as it is, I don't want a lot of unnecessary attention.

I might wear one around the house though.

Guest Wolfin

I got my collar at the local dollar store; and a tag from luckypet.com :P

To me wearing a collar just seems kind of.... Goth' date=' don't you think? The idea of wearing a collar to me is just pretty uncomfortable and awkward.

[/quote']

I have to agree that there is a certain level of association involved with collars that the public "automatically" assumes. What are you honestly trying to portray by wearing it? That you are "furry" minded? Those good points are NOT what the average Joe/Jane is going to think- hmm? "BDSM" comes to mind because a friend of mine mentioned it in passing when the topic of fursuits came up... my costume wasn't even on the drawing board at the time.

I suppose all I can say is use a degree of discretion with collars because it reflects on ALL the fandom. It only takes one (we've all seen it) to spoil public image- and thousands (think AC) to gain it back.

I have a collar that i ordered from collarfactory.com and i absolutely love it! I never leave the house without it and i mean ya i do get some weird looks but mostly compliments on how cool it looks :3 ive even inspired some of my non-furry friends to get some ^^

[/quote']

I have to agree that there is a certain level of association involved with collars that the public "automatically" assumes. What are you honestly trying to portray by wearing it? That you are "furry" minded? Those good points are NOT what the average Joe/Jane is going to think- hmm? "BDSM" comes to mind because a friend of mine mentioned it in passing when the topic of fursuits came up... my costume wasn't even on the drawing board at the time.

I suppose all I can say is use a degree of discretion with collars because it reflects on ALL the fandom. It only takes one (we've all seen it) to spoil public image- and thousands (think AC) to gain it back.

Yess, you do have a valid point. But if we like furry, how will the public image ever be improved if we just hide? I do agree that discression is to be used, though. I will probably never wear one in a formal or professional situation.

Thanks for all of the feedback so soon.

Absolutely! Never wear one in a formal or professional situation, and it's not just because it's furry related either.

In Job environments people with tattoo's usually have to cover them up with long sleeves, so it's a matter of personal interest clashing with profession, a common and unwanted, preferably avoided situation, much easier with collars than tattoos and piercings.

Why not wear dog tags on a chrome chain. That is what i do. Some of the Wal marts here have those engraving machines and i get my tags from there. But they also sell chains too. I would love to wear a collar but... people already tilt their heads at me anyhow. But now that i am thinking about it, why not? Sometimes it takes only one person to break open something new. And if you go to some stores you can see animal ears and tails for sell. Winter that store Clair's was selling tiger ears for females to wear. I am wondering if the "normal" people are wanting to come out as furries also.

And if i got one.. seeing that i have not the money for something special like that, Wal Mart here I come.

@ Dante: Yes i could see wearing a collar to church would make people look at you. Or a wedding.

I am the lead guitarist at my church and i play twice a week. People gave me a funny look the first day i got it but they got used to it really quickly and think it is cool. They say that its good to stand out from the crowd and be yourself XD

bought me a blue collar today. and i need to get a dog tag made now. i have a 18 inch neck. Wal-mart had a good selection of them also' date=' but not in colors.

[/quote']

Cool!

I am going to ask dad if I can get one today. Hope it goes well. :)

bought me a blue collar today. and i need to get a dog tag made now. i have a 18 inch neck. Wal-mart had a good selection of them also' date=' but not in colors.

[/quote']

Cool!

I am going to ask dad if I can get one today. Hope it goes well. :)

I always thought you were in your twenties.

enjoy your youth.... it will be one of those things when you are still thinking you are young till you look in the mirror and then you see you have hair growing off the top of your ears. And that lush think hair is now leaving without saying BYE!!

But a dog collar will help take the pain away.

I DID IT! I DID IT!! I went to Albany tonight and wore my collar. And you know what, i had a blast. I 1st went into Gamestop and one of the guys behind the counter looked at me then looked at the collar. Then after i gave in my games for cash, he asked me if i knew i had on a dog collar. And of course i said yes. i got a lot of compliments from it. then after i left there i went to arby's (nummy nomnom) That is where i had the most fun. The 3 people who were working there all had to look at my neck. The manager even looked from behind the cook area and when i caught him he say at me, "How you doing." I had a blast. Then i went to Target. not really many paid attention to it to my face. But I still got looks from a lot of women. If someone had asked me why i was wearing that I would have said, "Well, I am a furry and in the month of March when a furry wears a dog collar that means they want to get married. for guys it is blue if they want a woman. And if a woman is wearing pink that means they want a man. And sense i am wearing blue that means another furry female must get a leash and hook it to me to show that she wants to get married also. it sure beats the heck out of asking them head on."

But no one asked........ I will use that for next time. Oh how i will explain that to them. I but like telling mess like that. *evil laugh* MUWHAHAHAHA.... teeheehee

Lol' date=' 6' 1" here, short hair, black beanie, leather jacket and boots. People are easily scared of me but im just a gentle giant :3

[/quote']

You're taller than I imagined.

I don't wear collars. Something that close to my neck is uncomfortable to me. And it doesn't quite match my fursona because its a wild animal.