Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Ember

Fursuit: ask and answer

This is for advice for discussion of a current fursuit. I will be sketching different ideas and asking which one you like better. anyone can join in with even ideas for their own(if you sketch or draw feel free to add your own pictures), but as for me id like some expert/preferential/novice/any advice.

the first one is #1.paw #2.paw/hand #3.furry hand

image.jpg1_zpsc3hf0rmi.jpg

Yea... I'm in a toss, mostly between 2 and 3... I like the mobility of 3 but the style of 2... O, what to do...?

image.jpg1_zpsfmeqpek7.jpg

you can see here my ears and tail have been done. and i am wearing my "trademarked" sweater. i still have not made the paws yet due to lack of time and resources. and i will be sketching up some plans for the fursuit head.

the ears are magnetic so i can wear them with anything and the tail is attached to my belt. both are made of yarn.

while i am at it I'll introduce the tigers in my picture, (14 year old Tigger in my arms and 5 year old Matt the mat)

Stage 1# The frame of my fursuit head: made of metal hangers and 2 springs, yarn wrapped around metal to keep all in place.image.jpg1_zps6tbur94c.jpg

Next is stage 2# the covering of material (rags from shirts that i cut up sewn together) and some cushion from a padded seat for added fluffy and for shaping)

image.jpg2_zpssjzk4oom.jpg

stage 3# is the hookrugging for the fur, (neatly trimmed and longer in particular areas) this will be sewn to the created head. (notice no ears but little rectangular pockets)

image.jpg3_zps6fdnzhvq.jpg

Stage 4# is adding detail such as eyes that you can see through, tongue (not sure how to do that yet) and Nose and teeth (will be made from baking clay and painted)

image.jpg4_zpsq5in91sr.jpg

Final stage 5# is the hooking on of the ears, (witch are detachable if i only want to wear the ears.) they as told before are magnetic and strong ones at that.

image.jpg5_zpsdecflyyp.jpg

let me know what you think or what you think i could do to alter my plans.

Have you tested stage 1 to see how well it will work? Also the picture for stage two looks like a ninja turtle :)

Stage 1 is actually mostly made the only thing lacking is the springs and chin strap. And my dad said the same thing about the ninja turtle. :P

I love the magnetic ear idea, and I saw the turtle too :3

Thanks :) I like being able to still be a tiger but without the whole anthro look.

Has anyone done a furry make up. Like on face off? I can't do a full head piece unfortunately

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

can't say that i have.... :(

Blackstone, what did you make that head out of?

I got fence wire from Walmart. Its for repairing fence. And makes forna super awesome base. Now I started with taping it all together but that's not very stable i had to hook clamp them together for structure support

Blackstone, what did you make that head out of?

I got fence wire from Walmart. Its for repairing fence. And makes forna super awesome base. Now I started with taping it all together but that's not very stable i had to hook clamp them together for structure support . say hi to my model friend XD. Posting a backpack i made from that same wire and duct tape.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

2e4ca26f19e35bcf69e68c08839f8f8c.jpg

Edited by Blackstone