Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
LuckyDragon

Second Life: is it worth it?

My friends have been pestering me to play it, but idk. Is it boring, does it contain viruses, is it very adult-oriented (like sexual-content), is it creative? Thanks for the feedback!

I've never played Second Life, but from my understanding it's very adult-oriented. I saw a TV show once about a man who became a millionaire based off the idea of creating Second Life wives and husbands for people. It has the potential to become all-consuming which to me, is very scary.

Edited by EllieDachshi

"it depends"

As far as being a game goes, with most of the content being user created, it invents its own level of broken. Creativity though, this lets you go nuts and build things that would be impossible in the real world and gives you a means to make money off of things you make.

If your friends are there, it probably won't be boring as its meant to be social.

Adult oriented stuff? There's very strict content filters that you can set the level of. If you're tempted to go somewhere adult, stay away.

There is a Calvary Chapel and they're on a moderate rated plot of land.

There's a really cool place called Bible Islands though that has a study every Monday.

So it's only worth it on Sunday and Monday.

I played it twice and both times I was on I went too far in the game.  I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever play that game again.

I have a Second Life account and I can say from experience that it is very time consuming and extremely addictive once you understand how everything works. And yes, it is mostly adult-oriented. My friend got me into it and I regret ever playing. The only reason I don't play anymore was because I moved and now I don't have internet plus my laptop is fried. I do not recommend ever starting an account, but if you decide to, do not use a laptop because it will cause problems with it especially if you play for long periods of time. You would need to build a computer tower specifically for gaming purposes with plenty of memory back up and graphics cards. Also, SL lags horribly because of all the data.

It's not worth it in my opinion.

I have a Second Life account and I can say from experience that it is very time consuming and extremely addictive once you understand how everything works. And yes, it is mostly adult-oriented. My friend got me into it and I regret ever playing. The only reason I don't play anymore was because I moved and now I don't have internet plus my laptop is fried. I do not recommend ever starting an account, but if you decide to, do not use a laptop because it will cause problems with it especially if you play for long periods of time. You would need to build a computer tower specifically for gaming purposes with plenty of memory back up and graphics cards. Also, SL lags horribly because of all the data.

It's not worth it in my opinion.

^This.

Glad I read this. I was considering this same bad idea. Thanks for the honest review.

I second the foul adult experiences that will destroy any hope of you getting into the game. I have an account, but after walking through Kowloon City, a replica of a real high rise city that no longer exists in Japan, at the wrong hour. A taller avatar who may have been a gang thugs stood for a few seconds probably telling me off through a voice service I didn't have. Then I kid not the avatar was causing my avatar harm and ran after me as I attempted to run through a place I had no idea would lead to. I don't recommend doing that.. apparently it was an adult section of the city too, I only discovered this while running from an angry guy and looking through the street map on my way out of that city.

Kowloon was featured in the Harrison Ford movie "Blade Runner". It was beautiful from pictures before its demise in 1989.

SL is boring and mostly for adult junk for bored individuals.. its only real practical use is making your furry character come to life and record yourself dancing in the popular dance clubs and studios like Deviantart or Furaffinity... Yes. There are SL locations for those. Dancing... That's all.