Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
TommyWalker

Hi everyone!

Hello! Since an introduction is what all the hip young kids these days are doing I thought I would too.

I go by Tommy Walker, thought that's not my real name. (Borrowed from the rock opera album "Tommy" by The Who :P) I'd like to be as anonymous as I please for the time being.

[some things about me]

Denomination: None currently. Though I previously attended a southern baptist church some years ago... I simply follow what The Bible tells me to the best of my abilities.

Fursona: Undecided

Hobbies:

Gaming. Listing to music such as classic rock from the 50's through 80's as well as odd pieces of country and classical music, not to mention video game soundtracks.

Thrift shopping.

I'm a massive closet furry in real life.

I'm somewhat unlearned with The Bible sadly and I haven't attended church in years, though I try my best to follow it. :/

I joined today mostly because I'm new(-ish) to the fandom and given the fact that there are many things about it that are shall we say, secular, I'll be more comfortable knowing I'm enjoying it with many others who share similar beliefs with me.

Sorry if this is a bit too much exposition, just new to this kinda thing lol. Anyway... Yeah. Hi. :T

Edited by Tommy Walker

Hello and welcome!

(wouldn't happen to be anywhere near FL now would you?)

anyway, glad to see you here! anything you need help with, we'll be sure to do our best to help you. 

Also, since your fursona is undecided, i'd like to ask: what kinds of fursonas have you been thinking about having?

Dude, welcome to the fandom. Glad to have another Christian fur among us. :)

My name is Geoffrey, I'll be around from time to time. I like your taste in music. I actually came from a similar background. Though I'm Catholic now, I had a fairly Baptist non-denominational upbringing. If you'd like some help studying the Bible, I have a few resources I can share with you. As St. Jerome said, ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ.

I want to echo Cobalt's question. What are some ideas for a fursona you have? Any animal species in particular that you feel drawn to?

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Hello and welcome!

(wouldn't happen to be anywhere near FL now would you?)

Close! But no.

Also, since your fursona is undecided, i'd like to ask: what kinds of fursonas have you been thinking about having?

I want to echo Cobalt's question. What are some ideas for a fursona you have? Any animal species in particular that you feel drawn to?

To be honest I'm not sure. Foxes are cool, but everyone and their uncle is a fox or wolf. Maybe a dragon... Wishful thinking perhaps on my part, but I'm hoping to have one of those "Uncle Kage" moments where a hypothetical cockroach crawls up my hypothetical PC monitor. :) Edited by Tommy Walker

Welcome, Tommy. :)

Although I am in an Evangelical Church, I like to identify as Covenant Non-denominational: Covenant meaning of the Bible, the sole truth. Denominations are just seperations when we're all supposed to be one body. 

Your musical tastes are very interesting. 

I'm also mostly a closet furry, although several people in my town know. And as for your fursona, what animal do you identify with? What animal reflects your personality? I feel like mine picked me. The bear is am misunderstood creature that tries to act tough and will be when the situation calls, but in all actuality the bear's emotions are easily bounced around and leave him often hurting. He's stubborn as all get out and is relatively cunning. He seems kind of clumsy but is rather deft. 

That sums me up, but what sums you up? I only know all this from the fact that I used to know 3 bears at where I volunteer. Much reading and years later, I become one of them. 

I hope you enjoy the Community. 

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Close! Mississippi.

To be honest I'm not sure. Foxes are cool, but everyone and their uncle is a fox or wolf. Maybe a dragon... Wishful thinking perhaps on my part, but I'm hoping to have one of those "Uncle Kage" moments where a hypothetical cockroach crawls up my hypothetical PC monitor. :)

aw poo, not close enough for me to get to. (bit on a leash down here ^^;)

but anyway, well, if you want to be like a fox but unique, there's similar animals: mongoose, ferrets, otters, coyotes, dingos, maned wolf (which isn't actually a wolf), Shiba Inu, Akita, or an American Eskimo (those last three are dogs, i know, but they're not the overpopularized types ^^)

but onto music, i remember this interesting song from God-knows-when: 

aw poo, not close enough for me to get to. (bit on a leash down here ^^;)

but anyway, well, if you want to be like a fox but unique, there's similar animals: mongoose, ferrets, otters, coyotes, dingos, maned wolf (which isn't actually a wolf), Shiba Inu, Akita, or an American Eskimo (those last three are dogs, i know, but they're not the overpopularized types ^^)

I know what you mean. I'm pretty stuck where I'm at currently. Just no privacy to express my furriness.

But about my fursona, those are some interesting suggestions! In the end though I'd prefer it come to me as oppose to myself choosing it.

but onto music, i remember this interesting song from God-knows-when:

Oh, yeah. I've heard that one too! Hearing it again after a while it reminds me a lot of some old chuck berry car songs a la 'can't catch me', etc...

You ought to hear the Jim Varney version.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NryjBtWur_4

I know what you mean. I'm pretty stuck where I'm at currently. Just no privacy to express my furriness.

But about my fursona, those are some interesting suggestions! In the end though I'd prefer it come to me as oppose to myself choosing it.

Oh, yeah. I've heard that one too! Hearing it again after a while it reminds me a lot of some old chuck berry car songs a la 'can't catch me', etc...

You ought to hear the Jim Varney version.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NryjBtWur_4

well, just keep looking with an open mind and an open heart and see what sticks to you when you express your furriness x3

hah, that's cool x3

Hello! Since an introduction is what all the hip young kids these days are doing I thought I would too.

I go by Tommy Walker, thought that's not my real name. (Borrowed from the rock opera album "Tommy" by The Who :P) I'd like to be as anonymous as i please for the time being.

[some things about me]

Denomination: None currently. Though I previously attended a southern(?) baptist church some years ago... I simply follow what The Bible tells me to the best of my abilities.

Fursona: Undecided

Hobbies:

Gaming. Listing to music such as classic rock from the 50's through 80's as well as odd pieces of country and classical music, not to mention video game soundtracks. Thrift shopping.

I'm a massive closet furry in real life.

I'm somewhat unlearned with The Bible sadly and I haven't attended church in years, though I try my best to follow it. :/

I joined today mostly because I'm new(-ish) to the fandom and given the fact that there are many things about it that are shall we say, more or less secular (some of which I'm ashamed to admit I've been drawn into), I'll be more comfortable knowing I'm enjoying it with many others who share similar beliefs with me.

Sorry if this is a bit too much exposition, just new to this kinda thing lol. Anyway... Yeah. Hi. :T

hi! hehh I have forgotten many scriptures shortly after reading them recently... only a few scriptures I have memorized are locked in and unable to be taken out.

Hello there! The name's Joshua Reynard, and I'm a red fox. Pleased to meet you, Tommy!

Like you, I'm a big fan of classic rock from the '50s through the '80s. There were lots of really talented musicians around back then. And I see you like thrift-shopping too. Glad I'm not the only one!

Howdy! Welcome to Christianfurs!

I notice you have uhh... dangit I forget that Knight's name. But I take you as a Shovel Knight fan. :3

Hey Tommy ^.^ I hope you find good friends here. I have two words of wisdom for you... not really... but 1. Let your fursona decide you. and 2. You should totally keep being a closet furry as long as you can, because it's way better that way X3. I'm happy you chose to check us out. This is the best furry church out there (at least imo)