Nickoli Lion

Thoughts on Halo 4

Will you buy Halo 4?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy Halo 4?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not a fan

I've been a fan of the Halo series since I was a second grader. Over the last decade the Halo franchise has supplied countless hours of fun for me and my friends.

But now, after Bungie has moved on and Microsoft is taking it up, I have mixed feelings. On one hand I'm happy the franchise wont die out, on the other hand I really don't think that the series should make more games.

At the beginning of Halo 1, you, the masterchief crawl out of a cryo chamber with the mission of saving humanity. Then in Halo 3, you crawl back into one, your mission completed. And masterchief utters the words, "Wake me when you need me." To me this was a perfect ending due to its symbolism.

Bungie had meant to end the series on that note. But Microsoft had other plans. They couldn't watch one of their most profitable franchises die, because lets face it, they don't have much else going for them. So they made giving up the rights to Halo a deal breaker for Bungie leaving and joining Activision. And now, they will make a whole new trilogy.

Considering that some of the things that held Halo back at times was Microsoft's imposed limitations. And now that the very company that imposed those limitations is now in charge of the whole project, it unsettles me.

Will I buy Halo 4? Of course! For I am a fan. But for me, the true Halo ended with Halo 3. And I will be treating this new Halo trilogy as nothing more than corporately-backed fan-fiction.

Halo 1 was incredible, Halo 2 brought some really cool new stuff to the fps world but the story sagged a little, Halo 3 brought nothing incredbile and ended my interest in the series utterly.

Being that Halo 4 isn't even being done by the same people, unless they do something truly revolutionary and amazing (slim to none chance of that) I won't be getting Halo 4.

Gonna have to vote no since I don't have an Xbox. :P

But if I did have an Xbox, I'd probably get it. Only because I like the other Halo games though.

I'd never play the multiplayer on Halo 4 if it's anything close to what I've read. Call of Duty should learn to stay in its own game. >.<

im not a fan. but if i ever get any of them, it would only be for online gaming. just like cod black ops. i had that game 1-2 months after it was released. i havent clicked 'new game' yet and probably never will.

My thoughts:

-After their awful handling of Halo Reach, I am hesitant and not as excited for Halo 4

-The graphics look much cleaner and more realistic than previous halos

-I don't like the new Grunt design

-The new enemies don't look Halo-ish enough... in fact, they look remarkably similar to the alien enemies from Crysis 2

-The new weapons are awesome, and I'm happy the Covenant Carbine and Beam Rifle are coming back

-Multiplayer looks like it's taken several elements from CoD, so I'm not happy about that

-They kept AA's from Halo Reach. If they kept Armor Lock I will NOT be getting the game

-The new armors look much better than previous Halo games

-Campaign seems much more challenging and tactic-centered than previous Halos

-AI is greatly improved

I'm hesitant because of how terrible Halo Reach was (not to mention all of the terrible updates and tinkering 343i did), but I am optimistic about it being a good game. Hopefully, 343i took a lesson from Reach and will not make the same terrible mistakes Bungie did.

Oooh yes of course I'm getting Halo 4! In fact, I'm getting the $100 limited edition :D

Why am I do confident Halo 4 will be amazing? I dunno. I'm a huge Halo junkie all together and I live what 343 does. It's going to be different, yes, but that doesn't matter all to much :3 I love every bit of Halo there is ^.^

Halo has totally brought me and my friend's memories. I would play Halo 1 for the PC constantly (and became a beast player at that).

Then I got my Xbox and played Halo 3, which me and my friends fell in love with, screwing around in forge, multiplayer for hours, and making campaign missions ridiculous and insane. 

Then I bought Halo 2, hut sadly, I got it after the multiplayer was shut off. I loved that one, too. Very interesting story and just darn fun to play.

Next, Halo 3 ODST came out. I LOVED ODST. It was so different yet completely Halo... Me and my friends spend countless wild hours screaming, laughing, and getting all the Vidmaster Achievements for ODST and Halo 3, then proudly displaying our Recon Armor ^.^

Lastly, Halo Reach. I never bought Halo Wars, but the graphics in that game BLEW ME AWAY.

Reach was and is very enjoyable. Again, me and my friend's just goofed around endlessly, just having a good time :) I even named and based my fursona after Carter from Reach.

I dunno about you, but I will always be a Haloite, no matter what comes. Halo 4 will bring something new to the table, as all the others have.

My thoughts:

-After their awful handling of Halo Reach' date=' I am hesitant and not as excited for Halo 4

-The new enemies don't look Halo-ish enough... in fact, they look remarkably similar to the alien enemies from Crysis 2

-The new weapons are awesome, and I'm happy the Covenant Carbine and Beam Rifle are coming back

-Multiplayer looks like it's taken several elements from CoD, so I'm not happy about that

-They kept AA's from Halo Reach. If they kept Armor Lock I will NOT be getting the game

-AI is greatly improved

I'm hesitant because of how terrible Halo Reach was (not to mention all of the terrible updates and tinkering 343i did), but I am optimistic about it being a good game. Hopefully, 343i took a lesson from Reach and will not make the same terrible mistakes Bungie did.

[/quote']

I don't understand the hate that some people feel for Halo: Reach. I loved it. In terms of quality, I'd put it between Halo 2 and 3

My thoughts:

-After their awful handling of Halo Reach' date=' I am hesitant and not as excited for Halo 4

-AI is greatly improved

[/quote']

I don't understand the hate that some people feel for Halo: Reach. I loved it. In terms of quality, I'd put it between Halo 2 and 3

Lack of weapon quality (the DMR is literally the only useful gun in multiplayer), slow running speed, grenade spamming, poorly designed maps, rampant credit boosting, poorly designed AI (enemies on Legendary are not smarter; they have more health and can snipe you with plasma rifles, making them more unfair than challenging), poorly designed betrayal booting system, Armor Abilities (with Jet Pack and Armor Lock being the worst), Armor Lock breaking the game and slowing gameplay, the ability for Armor Lockers to shed stuck Plasma Grenades (if you get tagged, you deserve to DIE), Jet Packers going outside of level boundaries and kill barriers to hide, Sword Base, cR instead of XP, boring campaign, Concussion Rifle spamming, Banshee and Warthog and Sniper Rifle whores, 10 year olds' screaming into their headsets every game, predictable spawns, spawn trapping, pathetic playlists, removing Squad Slayer, kill farming in objective games, overpowered melees, sprint double beat-downs, reticle bloom, frequent black screens, Focus Rifle, weak Spartan Laser, no grid-snapping in Forge, Kat's Driving, Emile's shotgun sniping, Jorge hiding from Grunts, Jun's betrayals, Needler and Armo Lock/Active Camo loadouts in Elite Slayer, Shotgun has poor range, Sword blocking...

I could go on forever about all the faults in Halo Reach that make it the worst Halo game to date.

My thoughts:

-AI is greatly improved

[/quote']

Lack of weapon quality (the DMR is literally the only useful gun in multiplayer), slow running speed, grenade spamming, poorly designed maps, rampant credit boosting, poorly designed AI (enemies on Legendary are not smarter; they have more health and can snipe you with plasma rifles, making them more unfair than challenging), poorly designed betrayal booting system, Armor Abilities (with Jet Pack and Armor Lock being the worst), Armor Lock breaking the game and slowing gameplay, the ability for Armor Lockers to shed stuck Plasma Grenades (if you get tagged, you deserve to DIE), Jet Packers going outside of level boundaries and kill barriers to hide, Sword Base, cR instead of XP, boring campaign, Concussion Rifle spamming, Banshee and Warthog and Sniper Rifle whores, 10 year olds' screaming into their headsets every game, predictable spawns, spawn trapping, pathetic playlists, removing Squad Slayer, kill farming in objective games, overpowered melees, sprint double beat-downs, reticle bloom, frequent black screens, Focus Rifle, weak Spartan Laser, no grid-snapping in Forge, Kat's Driving, Emile's shotgun sniping, Jorge hiding from Grunts, Jun's betrayals, Needler and Armo Lock/Active Camo loadouts in Elite Slayer, Shotgun has poor range, Sword blocking...

I could go on forever about all the faults in Halo Reach that make it the worst Halo game to date.

A lot of that is trivial, and things that have been in Halo games for awhile. and some major things, like the bloom, has been taken out in certain playlists. I had much more fun with Reach's multiplayer than Halo 3's. And I loved the campaign. It's all preference I suppose. And I'm pretty sure the worst Halo game is ODST. :P

A lot of that is trivial' date=' and things that have been in Halo games for awhile. and some major things, like the bloom, has been taken out in certain playlists. I had much more fun with Reach's multiplayer than Halo 3's. And I loved the campaign. It's all preference I suppose. And I'm pretty sure the worst Halo game is ODST. :P

[/quote']

I would rather play Firefight on Legendary for hours in ODST than play 1 match of Team Slayer in Reach. Ever encounter an entire team that abuses Armor Lock or Jetpack? Plus, the ranking and matching system in Reach is a joke. You can be the only high rank (rank in Reach is a joke too) on a team full of Warrant Officers and Captains and be played against a full team of Eclipses and Novas with 2.0+ KD's.

I'd also like to add that 343i has done a terrible job at handling Reach. They've removed the best playlists (I'll miss you Squad Slayer), don't listen to fan feedback, ban people on their forums who say ill things about Halo Reach or Halo 4, update Grifball and Living Dead every month but won't fix invasion or Team Slayer, kept Armor Lock in the game and barely nerfed it, they nerfed Active Camo for no reason, added betrayal booting to Living Dead (which is the only reason I would ever play that no-skill playlist, to betray people for fun), and added badly made Forge World maps to Big Team Battle and Team Slayer, among other things.

*sits back and watches the train derail epicly from Halo 4* oh, fireworks. ^A^ Anyway, I am not a huge gamer and play games to have fun. I don't worry about competition between games or debates. I'm looking forward to Halo 4, Black Ops 2, and Transformers Fall of Cybertron equally. I'll rent them all and slowly buy them when they drop $20 in price or go into a used games store. Have a nice day.

*bounds out of the room*

My thoughts on Bungie, Halo and all the jazz.

I have been a Halo fan from the beginning. Why? Because i have never had high speed interweb and the 1st one provided countless years of fun. finding all the little easter eggs and even playing the game on LEGENDARY!! Then Halo 2 came out. It was better made and better looking, but not as hard. Or as long. Which was ok. And the new skulls and the Scarab gun was fun to find. ANd i love Arby. It was a good follow up to me.

Then came halo 3. *dead silence*

This to me, was just bungie making a game to make money from the online playing. The game was even easier to beat and well, a Let down to me in the whole. That is all I will say about that.

The last 2 games were ok. But the story started to take a back sit in my opinion. It got less and less Epic (till Reach) and more focused on the online side. I really think this is because Bungie was not ready for the massive Juggernaut they made. let's face it, Halo is right up there with Mario, Sonic, Bugs Bunny and Ronald Regan. But Bungie being a computer game maker (which Halo was made for really) and then thrust into the spot light by a STAR WARS sized fan base I think took its toll on them. And them leaving Halo could be seen. All they ever got was HALOHALOHALOHALO!!! from all directions.

AS for the online stuff, They clearly took aim at it to make money. And I am really not surprised that they went with *gags* Activision. Acti*coughs*vision clearly is just a troll in the gaming world and all they care about is milking money out of us gamers. Just like Bungie did. I hope the 2 make a very good marriage of Fuzzing up themselves in their conquest for money.

Am i Glad that Bungie and Halo are not together? I cant say till the game comes out. Halo 4 looks good, but... so did the Bay Transformer movies.

i have said what i feel.

Nyoof

I will be getting it along with GTA V this year. dont worry kitty

Kitty!?!? I'm a lion!! XD

Lions are kitties... really big scary ones. :P