Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
SimonTheDigger

Reference sheet!

Good news! I am getting my first reference sheet done! I am so excited, I have never had this done before. It's going to cost around $250 but it will be well worth it. Wish me luck everyone, I am so excited and I will show you progress pictures along the way. ^^

The artist does very beautiful and detailed work. Given that a reference requires several well drawn pictures I expected the price tag to be far higher. But the level of detail in her artwork is astoundingly beautiful and i have always been a deep lover of art. And the money isn't too much of a deal, I have already saved up $50 in just one week from small tips, driving people around, selling small PC parts, or helping people with their computer issues. So in 4 more weeks i can pay her in full, it'll be a while either way but she has informed me that there will be some very rough drawings soon for me to make some decisions to tweak.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rhyu/

Here is a good example of what drew me to her art style:

1336628683.rhyu_seths.png

This is beautiful stuff. I hope your ref comes out well.

That's still a wad of cash though.

I know it is, but i have always been a fan of quality over quantity. To me i figure it is best to go big or go home. I suppose that's why i don't get too many people wanting to spend 1.5K for me to build them a PC lol. But thank you for your blessings in hoping this turns out well ^^

Ok so some quick sketches have been done for me to help get things going. The first image is a bit too realistic for my taste, a few hours later she came back with the second image with the corrections. Still needs some work since the body is a little too thin and starved looking. But overall i think this is a good start so far.

Simon1.png

Simon2.png

good art, expensive art.

all my money goes into my house and preparing for having a family xD

Yea. I paid like 20 bucks for my ref sheet. I just wanted something for my eyes to use and other artists when they were doing cheap commissions.

Thanks guys! She is almost done with the concept. She helped work out the bony appearance that I had before and gave a little more meat to the body. The only last gripe i have is the snout, which is too muzzle like and lacks the normal conical look of a skink. So she is working on that and if it looks good i think its' safe to say i can move on to the next step actually having it drawn! I can't wait to have it colored, it's going to be lovely since she is doing this all with computers for the last bit ^^

Before:

Simon2.png

After:

Simon2-1.png

She has fixed the nose and has now begun to work on coloring the body, so far everything looks good and I am just loving the color pattern. Needs something for the foot paws, plain black is a little too stale for me. Any opinions so far?

Simon3.png

Hmmm, we are beginning to wrap up the coloration. And at this point i think my sona has reached the point that I had envisioned in my mind all these years. I felt that it was a little lacking before and i told her to freestyle a little bit with the colors to see if she could think of something fitting. In all honesty I like the second one more, but I also want your opinions on this as well. Which do you like more? And what are your comments on it?

Simon3a.png

Simon3b.png

Yay! It's finished! here is the final front pose for my sona fully rendered! I will send the other pose when she does it, but for now I am just so happy seeing my sona fully rendered and brought to life. I hope you all like it ^^

1338889463.rhyu_simon5b.png

Had lots of fun in the Livestream watching you and Rhyu work on the troll and then afterwards watching this. Looks awesome dude!

Had lots of fun in the Livestream watching you and Rhyu work on the troll and then afterwards watching this. Looks awesome dude!

awww thanks' date=' I wish I could have seen it being drawn. I would have loved that, now I got to wait to see her draw the backside then. Glad you like how it came out. :3

thought it was a waste of money at first. till i saw the last pic. worth every penny, im sure. i actually said to myself out loud "oh heck".

Well I told you that I knew what I was doing in the first place, I am very picky about artist and how my money is spent. Glad you enjoy the final look. Now for the backside ^^