Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flechmen

To those that wear collars

I got one today from the dollar store. It feels very strange; not completely sure if I like it or not.

My problem is that I feel like I'm being choked if I have something around my neck, but this is tolerable and might help me overcome that.

I can't seem to get a very good picture... Maybe later. It's a black collar with green diamonds; not as bad as it sounds. They had the matching leash too, but with purple diamonds. I didn't get that...

I finally got a picture for you Wolfin.

I would just leave the image on the family camcorder and let the family find it, but I'm the only one that ever uses the little thing so that would be kind of pointless.

http://christianfurs.net/gal/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

It takes nice pictures though.

I'm gonna have to draw the line at sleeping with it on, for a couple reasons.

• Kind of feels like putting being a furry before being a Christian (as I don't wear my cross to bed)
  • It's not the most comfortable thing in the world
I don't know... I'm turning into a crazy fursuiter...

I will be a collar wearer soon, as my girlfriend purchased me one. I'm psyched. It's supposedly a really good one.

I'll probably wear it to sleep, but I wear my crucifix to bed as well, so my story is different from yours, Flech. It's one that is actually meant for humans, so it SHOULD be super comfy.

I'm gonna have to draw the line at sleeping with it on' date=' for a couple reasons.

1. Kind of feels like putting being a furry before being a Christian (as I don't wear my cross to bed)
  2. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world

I don't know... I'm turning into a crazy fursuiter...

• What if your parents see / start asking crazy questions?

:P

Guest Wolfin

They are going to find out sooner or later, you might as well tell them sooner and document it for us :)

~wolfin

It's kinda along the same lines, but I've got a bandanna, to match the one my fursona wears. Needless to say, I don't wear it in public. But I put it on from time to time when I want to feel like a horse. I hope that isn't too weird. ;)

It's kinda along the same lines' date=' but I've got a bandanna, to match the one my fursona wears. Needless to say, I don't wear it in public. But I put it on from time to time when I want to feel like a horse. I hope that isn't too weird. ;)

[/quote']

I think you can get away with a bandanna. :)

I wear a plain black collar, I wear it alot and all the time. Its like a watch, wallet or phone to me now. People pretty much know what furries are, if not that assume I'm Gothic or something even though the only thing that seems to imply that is my collar. Although I have a small metal Crucifix hanging from the ring where the tags would be if it was worn by a dog. It compliments it really well, I have been told before that it went so well together that people don't even realize what it actually is.

I would suggest not wearing it in water, to sleep or work. Casually hanging out or walking around is okay. Just a suggestion though, I'm just not comfortable with making others uncomfortable about something as wearing a collar really. Wearing in your sleep or in water could be harmful because of choking or suffocation.

I have three collars. :P One's blue with red pawprints on it,the 2nd one is a checkerboard sort of style,and the 3rd one is blue with white paw prints and bones on it. I basicly switch from time to time. I wear my collar while I sleep and when i'm awake. (The only time I don't wear it is when i'm in the shower.I don't want em' to get wet. x_X LOL) But anyway,on another note..I looove my collars. :heart: :D XD

Wow, I cannot believe I missed posting in this thread... X3 Anyway :P I wear a collar, currently only to bed since my mom doesn't really like it. Once I get to University thouuuugh >.> :D! You need to get the right kind of Collar if your going to wear it to bed and there is nearly no rish in actually choking yourself at any time :3 You just need to make sure its not extremely loose otherwise you could catch an appendage in it while your sleeping >.> I love my collar X3 :D

Wearing in your sleep or in water could be harmful because of choking or suffocation.

If you wear 'em loose, you'll be fine. AFTER ALL, I'M NOT DEAD YET.

Or am I? Wouldn't it suck to die in your sleep? You'd never know if you were dreaming the whole time or if you were actually dead. I've had several dreams where I died and went to heaven, but they were dreams (and weird ones, at that). So what if all of this around me is a dream? What if I'm in a coma? What if I'm dead and in Purgatory? WHAT IF I'M A ZOMBIE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW IT?!

But yeah, collars rock.

Wearing in your sleep or in water could be harmful because of choking or suffocation.

If you wear 'em loose, you'll be fine. AFTER ALL, I'M NOT DEAD YET.

Or am I? Wouldn't it suck to die in your sleep? You'd never know if you were dreaming the whole time or if you were actually dead. I've had several dreams where I died and went to heaven, but they were dreams (and weird ones, at that). So what if all of this around me is a dream? What if I'm in a coma? What if I'm dead and in Purgatory? WHAT IF I'M A ZOMBIE AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW IT?!

But yeah, collars rock.

How much sleep have you had recently?

If you wear 'em loose' date=' you'll be fine. AFTER ALL, I'M NOT DEAD YET.

But yeah, collars rock.

[/quote']

How much sleep have you had recently?

o.o probably not much at all, if any

or maybe the collar is stopping oxygen from reaching his brain?

From a fashion stand point, I'd wear a thick one (not width) if I could...but It just wouldn't fit with me. I'm a red headed, 6'3, dangerously skinny white irish kid who won't even wear a hat. I'd probably end up at a psychologists if I started walking around the house with a collar on. Basically, I've lived my life one way for such a long time that changing it wont sit with anyone.

Thats cool Wolfin! :3 I got a new one just recently :D it has celtic designs on it and its REALLY cool o.o I wish my mom would let me wear it around though :\ eeh, theres always next year ;3

I kinda want to get something like a collar or something, but it just feels weird for me.

I mean, I joined the fandom since like, this July. I've spent too much time not being a furry for me to feel comfortable getting things like this and wearing them, especially in public.

Does anyone understand what I mean? Or am the only one here that feels this way? :/

Well, I think I understand what you mean even though I haven't really felt that way. I'm a rather odd one, though - I mean, I sat in the halls of my public high school and sang hymns (I hope good came of it - I know I wasn't always in the right mindset when I did so... —.—; ), so standing out in public hasn't been a big concern of mine, though it has been hard. Of course, I didn't wear ears and a tail right away, but that was primarily because I was deciding if I wanted to apply the furry label to myself and, more importantly, if furry was compatible with my Christian faith - this took me about a year.

I say I understand precisely because I wear ears and a tail in public - the silent gazes past/through me by people who I can tell are purposely trying to ignore me hurt the most, hurt more than being called the F-word by some random person driving by in a convertible as I walked to a park. It is hard to run counter to society, to the norms instilled in us by society. I continue to wear my ears and tail not because of the compliments strangers have given me, but because of the deep symbolism they have acquired as I wore them in public, the fun I have wearing them, and the discomfort and disruption of the ordinary and normal they cause; they represent who I am as a person and as a Christian.

As for a collar... I don't wear one because it doesn't fit with my fursona or me, but I say go for it if it does for you.

Sorry if I sort of rambled on... ^.^;

Thanks, guys. It's nice to know people understand. I was thinking of getting stuff for next Halloween, then kinda just keeping them on even after it's over.

A guy on a furry forum showed me this sight where you can buy sweatshirts that have fur patterns of various animals. One is a grey tabby. So I'm thinking of getting that with a collar. X3