Photo

Hell, Hell, Hell, Hell, Life is what we dont have anymore of......

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Alright here's one, a very big one. Hell what's it like? What's there exactly? Is it our individual fears and pains and different for each of us or is it like silent hill? Aka the echo side? Is there venom soldiers there to make sure you're not getting any ideas there? Does it have hell hounds along the side of venom soldiers? You tell me.

venom soldiers: http://bestgamewallp...om-soldiers.jpg Aka if u seen the silent hill movie you'll probably recognise these guys minus the guns
riddle kat

#2 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

You need to define "Hell" first.

Do you mean Sheol/Hades or do you mean Gehenna or do you mean the Lake of Fire or are you asking the fate of unbelievers after death and Judgement?

So, let me know about what you're asking and I can try to help you with an answer.

silent hill like all rusty, dark, lonley, bloody, alone,
riddle kat

#3 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:00 PM

Nothing like that in the bible so far as I've read, so I can't help you. Sorry.

lol maybe there'll be another bible?
riddle kat

#4 Awkray-ven

Awkray-ven

yep, thats me, who else would it be?

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

In my personal opinion (revelations kinda leaves some stuff open to interpretation) Take your worst nightmares and magnify them an infinite number of times, beyond comprehension (just as heaven is beyond comprehension) and you have Hell. (Hell as in the opposite of Heaven), hard to say though
'Its like a teakettle, with the uncertainty principle applied to it while its being watched' 'you can build a world out of lives, some lives are like rocks, some lives are like trees, while still others are objects of beauty and amazement'

#5 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

i thought it looked like this: the venom soldiers r in there
riddle kat

#6 koshi

koshi

Kitty-chan

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1107 posts
  • Species:Abyssinian Cat
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:59 PM

It's my personal opinion that Hell/Sheol/Gehenna/Lake of Fire is a metaphor for total annihilation. That doesn't mean it's any better than burning for eternity, and I'm not trying to sugar coat it. If anything, it might be better to burn forever, because then at least you would still exist and still be able to feel something at all.

Of course, there is absolutely no Biblical evidence for or against (that I can think of right now) my position. So keep in mind that this is all just my opinion and speculation. I'm not so sure of my position myself, but it doesn't negate or lessen the fact that we really need to be reaching the lost so they won't have to go there/be annihilated.
Que Dieu vous bénisse.

#7 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:22 PM

A boring, mediocre game with poorly rendered cutscenes, choppy graphics, clunky controls, terrible writing, and insufferably bad acting... Probably not.

Maybe this is more like trailing a fishing line behind a slow-moving boat.

im talknig about the map silly nothing else more, like i said, rusty, bloody, very hot, lonley, sad, etc
riddle kat

#8 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

A boring, mediocre game with poorly rendered cutscenes, choppy graphics, clunky controls, terrible writing, and insufferably bad acting... Probably not.

Maybe this is more like trailing a fishing line behind a slow-moving boat.

im talknig about the map silly nothing else more, like i said, rusty, bloody, very hot, lonley, sad, etc

I think probably not.

okay than hell isnt all that bad :D!
riddle kat

#9 Adair

Adair

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3108 posts
  • Species:Albino Red Fox

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

I would think a floor made of fire would be far worse than a floor made of rusty steel

*I'm not trying to be mean sounding in my posts :<

Suggestion Box | Artist Application

XBL/PSN: DanTheFox98 | Skype/Steam: Danrulz98

Profile/refsheet

#10 DeltaK9

DeltaK9

Is stealin' all your base.

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:42 AM

Physical pain is something you'd get used to, but I'm sure Hell would be something far more than physical, so no.. Hell would be like.. hell. :P

#11 Adair

Adair

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3108 posts
  • Species:Albino Red Fox

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:16 AM

I'm not even sure what this thread is about :huh:

*I'm not trying to be mean sounding in my posts :<

Suggestion Box | Artist Application

XBL/PSN: DanTheFox98 | Skype/Steam: Danrulz98

Profile/refsheet

#12 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Species:Dragon Lynx, maybe idk
  • LocationPensacola Florida

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

i dont feel like looking for the thread here but i really believe its just like what this guy said in, 23 Minutes In Hell Reference Edition
http://www.metacafe....erence_edition/

1.png

#13 HuskyDog

HuskyDog

Woof!

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

I think when discussing "eternal" it would help to also note that it is not a place in our universe, so I would think that it would be eternal in the same way that God is eternal.

The way I look at hell is that it is a place of ultimate separation from God. Sin is the mechanism of this separation. I don't think hell has to be anything physical, but simply being separated from God completely would certainly be the highest form of punishment there is, as being one with God is the highest form of fulfillment there is.
Pamiiruq 'Husky Dog' Sorrell

Check out my music page! Soundcloud
My intro thread

#14 Wally Bear

Wally Bear

The White Lantern

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

I read the book, 23 minutes in Hell, and if what he described wasn't hell...then it's much much worse...
"I'd rather die like Christ, then live unholy!"
~Souled Out- Lecrae

"And you can have the money, and you can have the fame. But me I want the Glory, I’m livin for the Name.
See life is just a picture, I see outside the frame, Im livin for a kingdom that I ain’t never seen!"
~Chase That- Lecrae

#15 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:36 PM

I read the book, 23 minutes in Hell, and if what he described wasn't hell...then it's much much worse...

there is worse?
riddle kat

#16 Fahn

Fahn

pls

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • Species:Whitetail Deer
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

I posted a thread on the book already. Here is a video clip from MetaCafe of the author giving a sermon on what he saw in Hell. Whether an actual trip to Hell or a vivid dream its a place nobody would ever want to go.

It's about an hour long, but you can skip through.

#17 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

I posted a thread on the book already. Here is a video clip from MetaCafe of the author giving a sermon on what he saw in Hell. Whether an actual trip to Hell or a vivid dream its a place nobody would ever want to go.

It's about an hour long, but you can skip through.

It's funny cuz i had a dream just like this though much differnt things are weridier things happened
riddle kat

#18 Jude

Jude

Pastor-Theologian, Writer, Slave of God

• %IRC Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Species:Rattus Norvegicus

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

I'm probably late to the party, but Reconciliationism and Annihilationism do not fall into orthodox Christian faith. Since Jesus left the work of the Kingdom to us Christians some 2000 years ago, we've generally only held to the view of conscious, eternal punishment as the destiny of the wicked. People who've believed that everyone gets saved in the end, or that the wicked go out of existence have been in the smallest minority.

The other two views are only "Biblical" if one fails to account for things that God has already showed us.

Hell is a real place that brings tears and celebration to anyone who has God's heart.

Tears because any suffering, especially that which could have been prevented should pierce our hearts with compassion. Celebration because hell is where God's Justice is complete, where sin is rightfully judged and condemned. The devil has spent all of history trying to overturn God's rule and hurt, destroy and pervert everything that God delights. He and everyone else who rebelled, really do fairly deserve hell.

Hell is more than separation from God, as horrible as that state of being would be in itself. But hell is also God's actively punishing and judging people for their sin.

We tell of the Gospel to keep people from going there, and we live our lives in a way to demonstrate that the penalty of hell has no claim over us anymore.

If you can't talk about hell with tears in your eyes, pleading with people not to go there by grabbing hold of God's provision and grace, then it's very likely you don't quite understand heaven.
“Grant what Thou commandest, and command what Thou dost desire.”

#19 HuskyDog

HuskyDog

Woof!

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

Foxbunny, any commentary on the usage of "Earth" as a synonym for hell? I forget where in the Bible that falls, but I believe it had to do with Satan being cast to Earth for having rejected God. It was always an interesting wording and has led me to muse about how hell could be here on Earth, in a sense, and what the ramifications would be. Do you know to what I am referring (and can get the passage) and do you have any thoughts on that?
Pamiiruq 'Husky Dog' Sorrell

Check out my music page! Soundcloud
My intro thread

#20 Jude

Jude

Pastor-Theologian, Writer, Slave of God

• %IRC Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Species:Rattus Norvegicus

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:10 AM

As much as it is important to delineate between the intermediate state and the eternal state, it's just as important to realize that once you're in one place or another, you're "set." If a person dies and ends up in the present heaven, they'll be looking forward to the Eternal Heaven (the New Earth). If a person dies and ends up in the present hell, they'll end up in the Lake of Fire when the eternal state begins.

That being said, I was being as sloppy in order to be brief. Generally whenever I talk about Heaven or Hell, I'm referring to the Eternal states not the intermediate states we have now.
“Grant what Thou commandest, and command what Thou dost desire.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users