Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flechmen

Recent downtime

Ok, wow... A lot has happened in the last two days.

So, our server has been just getting more and more unstable. It's been crashing, stalling, who knows what else.

We had been planning on moving servers, and our host has been happy to help us along with that. They were even going to reduce some of the costs as a bit of an apology for the quality of our server.

So, the day before yesterday (7/27/10), MySQL (the database engine that everything on CF relies on and what most of the other stuff on our server relies on) crashed and refused to start. Amongst some other problems, like the main hard drive being read-only. So, very little if anything could be done with it.

We poked our host, and they sent the order to have the server re-booted.

That completely killed it.

So, our server refused to even turn on basically, unless it was in 'rescue mode', which has everything but the bare essentials disabled.

So, our very generous host pushed us into a new server ahead of schedule, gave us a MUCH nicer server than we were going to get, and gave us plenty of time to get things moved over. And they lowered the price substantially.

So, praise God we were able to get everything moved over and got things back up and running on the new server quickly!

I don't know what it is about you guys, but we seem to have a tendancy to burn up hardware.

Awesome! God has a way of doing those sort of things sometimes :P

Long Live ChristianFurs! :heart:

And sorry' date=' that was me...I dropped a piece of pizza in the server...[/color']

>=o

Darn it Lone! no eating in the server!

Did you at least bring enough for every one?

I have a history of causing hardware to BURN, this one was probably my fault. >.>

I'm glad God allowed this to get up and running quickly, I didn't want this place to go down the month I got here! D:

Yes, but I banshee slammed it onto the vintage yellow couch and then me and Sphen licked it all up. But it's ok, we can get more. :P

You mean this couch?

I have a history of causing hardware to BURN, this one was probably my fault. >.>

I'm glad God allowed this to get up and running quickly, I didn't want this place to go down the month I got here! D:

Indeed :)

Sign in to follow this