Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Spirit Bear

Hey there, it's Yogi Bear

Yes, it's okay if you shoot me for bringing up that old jingle from one of the cartoons. In truth, I like only the original Yogi of the late 1950s (Debuted on the Huckleberry Hound show in '58) and 1960s. 

But, anyway, I'm Robert from West Michigan. My normal screen-name for various reasons is Spirit Bear, but Yogi sounds much more friendly to people.

As it turns out, I'm really a turtle-- just kidding! My paws and ears and tail and muzzle are much more reflective of North American Brown Bear rather than those cuddly little reptiles.  :P

I like to write, and I try to explain things in detail so that all may understand-- and because of that, you will find my posts to often be rather lengthy but detailed. When it includes a story, I like to make all details known. When I include humor, well, I'll likely fail. LOL.

I'm a hyper-logical Christian in an Evangelical Church, but then I wonder: Why should we have 2,000 denominations? I feel like it separates us into 2,000 pieces. Heck, in all actuality Christ hasn't been gone 2,000 years yet. Why don't we all become the single body He wants us to be-- where is the Unity?

And thus introduces you into my typical digression, but as typical I get back on track once more to derail until we come to my points:

My hobbies are diverse and include hiking, kayaking, cycling, volunteering, writing, digging for antiques, restoring antique books. I like antique bottles, trade-cards, prints, coins, and insulators the most. I also love Heavy Metal-- Christian bands like Demon Hunter and Wolves at The Gate blast from my speakers often. (And if you think that Heavy Metal is of the Devil, read the lyrics and listen to Awaken by Wolves at The Gate.) You'll certainly awaken to the truth. Just turn your speakers down and have praise of God beaten into your eardrums. 

My dog Steve died on May 2, 2011-- explaining why I like May 2nd, 1893, Hemingray insulators. And on all places (minus Skype) that need me to have a profile pic (well, want me to,) I have his picture.

The story of Steve is a tragic one, and the only stories that I have worth telling (a lot) all occur about 1 week before his death to now.

You'll hear about him a lot.  

And I know that I can write well because of emotional responses I've been told by my readers (when they claim that they were crying, I know that I did it right,) and the fact that I placed in a multi-city multi-school competition suggests so too. 

As much as I love straight-up werewolf and historical fiction, I typical weave in a good thread of something Christian that the typical reader will not notice. 

Even though I'm gay and despair over my counterparts' actions, you'll find me a very clean, decent person.

I must warn you, though, that as a Major Depressive, I may easily be hurt and show despair in my writings.

I am also VERY blunt and honest (honest unto accidental insult if not careful,) and I will tell you that I'm not afraid to open up if I can use it as an example; and I am not afraid to call you out if you are going against the Religion-- we all do that, but I will hold you accountable as I expect you to hold me accountable like a good functional member of Christ's body should and is commanded to do so. But because of rules, there are a few things that I cannot speak about. 

If you are interested in why I'm a bear, it's because the mentality of actual bears (North American) reflects my own. As a nearly 10-year volunteer at an animal sanctuary designed for non-typical (proper definition is exotic) animals once kept as pets (later seized for reasons or given up,) I've comes into contact with more than the normal 30 wolves I go with weekly. I've come across things that I cannot spell. But I've also gotten to know bears. 

Sammy is the one that I had most studied. At not 1-year-old, he and his mother were struck by a vehicle in California.

This killed his mom, but he survived-- with "permanent" damage that would prevent his normal functioning in the wild. 

But by a miracle, having been sent all the way here, he healed and was no longer the half blind cub I had once played with (to watch him grow! Oh, what joy he was.)

And thus began a short relationship (all the bears are long gone) that has had a permanent affect on me. 

And so I have given long introduction into me. I hope to get to know other real Christians in the furry community, and I want you to know that if ever you need to talk about anything.... Hit me up in PM.

May God continue to bless you-- if you're able to be on here, you're greatly blessed.

See you around. 

*Noms on the goodies I borrowed your your food-stores.*  :ph34r:

~Yogi. 

I could take my time to respond to each and every thing you mentioned, but I'll save it for separate topics later.

Welcome to Christianfurs, I'm Penter the Coffee Dragon!

*Pours and hands cup*

Enjoy your stay. :)

Hello, Yogi!

The name's Joshua Reynard, and I'm a red fox. Nice to meet you!

Yes, it's okay if you shoot me for bringing up that old jingle from one of the cartoons. In truth, I like only the original Yogi of the late 1950s (Debuted on the Huckleberry Hound show in '58) and 1960s.

Original Yogi is best Yogi. (The recent movie about him was a travesty.)

I'm a hyper-logical Christian in an Evangelical Church, but then I wonder: Why should we have 2,000 denominations? I feel like it separates us into 2,000 pieces. Heck, in all actuality Christ hasn't been gone 2,000 years yet. Why don't we all become the single body He wants us to be-- where is the Unity?

I'm with you, man (bear?). I'm a logical Christian in an Evangelical church, but I don't identify as a member of any one denomination for that very reason.

My hobbies are diverse and include hiking, kayaking, cycling, volunteering, writing, digging for antiques, restoring antique books. I like antique bottles, trade-cards, prints, coins, and insulators the most.

I also like to hike and bike. And I've got a collection of antiques, including lots of bottles and a few insulators.

If you are interested in why I'm a bear, it's because the mentality of actual bears (North American) reflects my own.

That's why I'm a fox - because I find that my mentality is similar to that of an actual fox.

And so I have given long introduction into me. I hope to get to know other real Christians in the furry community, and I want you to know that if ever you need to talk about anything.... Hit me up in PM.

I'm always willing to talk in PM. I'm also active on the ChristanFurs IRC channel.

*Noms on the goodies I borrowed your your food-stores.*  :ph34r:

*Offers you more goodies.* There's plenty to go around.

What an awesome story :) Welcome to the sanctuary of furries that are tired of impurity of the internet!

I'd like to hear about that bear cub and how God healed it thanks to your offering of it to Him.

If you need any hugs or comfort or cuddling and cute stuff, I'm here for ya =3 I'm an expert in that X3

Anyways, just to warn you at the beginning, if your (not you're) "holding me accountable" is manifested in a different method than a Catholic one, I will refuse to listen because Catholicism is my only correct and real connection with God and I've learned that the hard way. So please know when to let go, okay? And I'm not for the religion, but the Church that Jesus has established. Religion comes after the connection to Jesus and the Church is stable.

Cody, thank you. :)

Nathan, another Michigander? From the west-side, no doubt? I'm amazed! (Everyone is always Detroit-Flint.) If I had to make an educated guess as to which city, I'd guess GR? 

Penter, I do tea, I'm afraid; but thanks. LOL. 

Joshua, it's good to meet you too. :) I'm afraid that, as hard as I tried, I couldn't locate the IRC? 

Thomas, LOL. Hi there. 

Josiah, howdy! 

r2packey, thanks. :D

Blackstone, thank you also for the welcome. 

Zvoc, I trust you in that you're an expert at hugging. LOL. 

Also, I know that there have been many great Catholics. I cannot recall his name, but one went to live on an island of lepers so that he could minister to them in the name of Christ. He was the only willing person with the means to go. And so he went where God called. "I'm not for the religion" reminds me of a song called Die Religion Die by Brian Head Welch (Christian metal artist.) 

Nathan, another Michigander? From the west-side, no doubt? I'm amazed! (Everyone is always Detroit-Flint.) If I had to make an educated guess as to which city, I'd guess GR? 

Wyoming, actually, but the borders blend seamlessly into Grand Rapids (you need to look for street signs saying "Welcome to Wyoming/Welcome to Grand Rapids" to even know you've crossed over unless you have the borders memorized, when that matters). It's not my native town, but it is my parents'; I was raised out in Marne (also West Michigan) with my nine siblings.

Joshua, I'm afraid that the link for Hexchat does not work on my desktop (no surprise) or laptop. But this pic's for you-- I took it myself:

Raccoons%2B099.JPG

Wow, Nathan, that's a huge family! 

I'm over in Muskegon. 

Thanks for the link, Joshua. I'll have to work on it after college. 

The fox I call Little Red, others have other names for many of the animals there. It's where I volunteer. 

Hi, and thank you, Tomo.  :)

*Growls lowly, dark muzzle revealing gleaming fangs.* I'm not a Carebear. 

JK, LOL. But, seriously, Carebears are fluffy rainbow things that sing.. I think.... not a North American Brown Bear like I. :) 

*Musses up your hair in revenge.* 

*Growls lowly, dark muzzle revealing gleaming fangs.* I'm not a Carebear. 

JK, LOL. But, seriously, Carebears are fluffy rainbow things that sing.. I think.... not a North American Brown Bear like I. :)

*Musses up your hair in revenge.* 

My Bandicoot hair is already big and messy... :P