Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Pharlim

Hello, new guy here. How are you?

Hello, My name is Pharlim. I do not want to give out my real name, but that is name of the character I use. I am 18 years old who recently found this site while looking for a furry community on dubtrack.fm. I'm so glad I did since it is awesome to find a community of furries who are also Christian. I am an Episcopalian myself who recently been trying to rebuild my faith. Although I haven't been to church since I first entered college three months back, I am planning on joining the Christian club that is available at my college. 

I wish I could draw so you could see what my character looks like. He is an old white tiger whom is implemented in the story I've been working on during my free time. I'll probably have to put some default picture up so it's not just a silhouette of a human body haha (any recommendations?). 

Like what is said on my profile, I really like to write stories and am currently working on two (with one being co-written). I also like to write lyrics and sing as I hope one day I could make music. I'm also into gaming, reading books, and music (specifically progressive rock/metal). As of now, I'm at college for a Computer Science BS/MS major and work part time at the front desk at a local library. 

That's pretty much it I think? I'm terrible at introductions, haha. 

Hello and welcome! Make yourself at home here. No need to worry about real names. It's not necessary when furries are so much more awesome! I wish you the best with your walk in Christ and towards your christian club. (right now, i'm in college myself, albeit i switched to far cheaper online courses)

we have a few artists on the site, myself included. maybe someone will draw you an icon ^^ you can also find tutorials around the internet and have people help you develop some basic art skills to build off your own style

progressive rock/metal, hm? do you like Theocracy?

Welcome to the forums. Hope you can find some great people that can help you with your faith in God. Trust me their here lol. I hope the best for you as you look around and find some good topics to read and respond too.

I'm not an artist myself so I never really could draw my fursona. However I do know someone that possible on their free time they might be able to help you out. If thats okay with him of course. He happens to be a close friend and I consider him a brother. I've seen some of his art work and he really has a great gift.

If you ever need any techy advice though I'm the man for that. I'm still working on a list of all the tehcnology stuff I use IRL and what I use for my fursonas story. You cn find my story in the story section here on the forums. My brothers story is in there as well. Very good reading material IMO. Mind you my story is a bit off with the grammar but feel free to check it out. That's my thing I like to write to but my grammar sucks lol.

God Bless

G-Root

Welcome! Say, you're into computers? Do you program in C++ and Game Maker Language? I've been thinking about writing games in SDL2, but couldn't get my foxcat butt up to actually learn SDL2 and C++. I do know C, though, but have problems with C++.

@Cobalt-Lukather That would be quite great to get an icon but I feel as if I'll bother others. I might try to look up some tutorials as well, I really want to learn how to draw but I've been lacking motivation to do so. Also, I have heard about that band a lot. I looked them up today and they are awesome!

@Groot Liska That sounds great! Oddly enough I'm doing really well in programming, though my logic-based mathematics are hit or miss. haha

@Zvoc47 I know basic level web design in HTML and CSS through high school classes. I'm currently taking a Fundamental Programming class using C, not C++. 

well Pharlim, here's a video for you next time you want to take a crack at it! 

Theocracy is a great band, and i think their Christmas selection is top notch. however, i lean towards the punky spectrum of rock (though i dab in just about everything from techno to hurdy gurdies), and love bands like Dogwood and Children 18:3

Aww... Why does everyone program web while I program games?

Actually I am planning on entering game design classes after my first year.

well Pharlim, here's a video for you next time you want to take a crack at it! 

Theocracy is a great band, and i think their Christmas selection is top notch. however, i lean towards the punky spectrum of rock (though i dab in just about everything from techno to hurdy gurdies), and love bands like Dogwood and Children 18:3

Thanks, I'll take a look at it soon. It is indeed a great band, I really like the power metal vibes to their songs. I'm generally open to any genre though I'm very picky what musicians/bands I like from said genre, but I would say I'm mostly a rock/metal fan. I like bands like Coheed and Cambria and Dir en Grey as far as progressive groups go (Though C&C's latest album from last month falls more towards the pop rock spectrum). These bands definitely fall under the secular category as I mostly listen to secular music. I must have not dug deep enough into the Christian rock/metal bands because these groups you showed me are great. The problem is that the non-secular bands I've listened to in the past sound like uninspired radio rock singles (Although the lyrics are nice). So glad hearing these new bands from you, they sound really good. 

Actually I am planning on entering game design classes after my first year.

Thanks, I'll take a look at it soon. It is indeed a great band, I really like the power metal vibes to their songs. I'm generally open to any genre though I'm very picky what musicians/bands I like from said genre, but I would say I'm mostly a rock/metal fan. I like bands like Coheed and Cambria and Dir en Grey as far as progressive groups go (Though C&C's latest album from last month falls more towards the pop rock spectrum). These bands definitely fall under the secular category as I mostly listen to secular music. I must have not dug deep enough into the Christian rock/metal bands because these groups you showed me are great. The problem is that the non-secular bands I've listened to in the past sound like uninspired radio rock singles (Although the lyrics are nice). So glad hearing these new bands from you, they sound really good. 

If you're into metal, hit me up!

I'm quite a metal nerd, so I can hook you up with quite a few good Christian metal bands depending on your metal genre taste.

I'll tell you one thing. Don't use pre-made game tools except Unity and Unreal or maybe Construct. Instead, learn C, then C++ (DO NOT learn C++ before C! NEVER! It will cause knowledge holes that are hard to fill and those will kill your inspiration!) and after that SDL2 library. That's the most efficient way to learn how to make cross-platform games without worrying about copyright. The best of all, you don't have to give credit to the SDL Team or use a GPL license (except SDL1 which is LGPL which is for C), but you can manage your project and license it just the way you want! I've downloaded a game development book for SDL2 and I'll be studying it.

Sorry for the late reply, but welcome to the forums, Pharlim! I'm Joshua Reynard, and I'm pleased to meet you.

Like you, I'm in college studying computers (Software Engineering rather than Computer Science - there is a difference), and I also have a fondness for progressive rock (but haven't really explored the world of progressive metal yet).

Sorry for the late reply as I was haven't been on in a little while (it didn't help when the site was shut down for a bit). But yeah, it's nice to meet you Thomas, Blackstone, Nathan, Joshua, and Josiah. :3

Welcome,  Pharlim!

I think you'll pick up on how to express yourself in drawing very quickly! Your icon looks good!

You won't be a bother to me, if you ever just need someone to draw your character. I love a good story, the kind that pull you into the characters. Those type of stories are very easy to draw for!   I hope you'll have some great times with our group in the near future!

Take care and Jah bless!

Nah you're definitely good at introductions, and don't worry about about not being able to draw well, I draw terrible haha. If you want to get better just keep practicing and pray to God because God can do anything :). It's very nice to meet you and if you need something, don't be shy to talk to any one of us, we're all willing to help each other :).

Edited by Koios

Hi Pharlim, I'm happy to meet you, I'm hoping to get to talk to you sometime, also, I can draw well, assuming you can describe the character. I don't draw certain things, I can't even draw hugs (I wish I xould draw hugs, the one thing I'm comfortable drawing is huggles and fights and I can't draw arms wrapping around characters) but I am excellent at designing clothing and assorted body types, (hefty is difficult for me to draw, actually aside from that, I'm good at unique facial structures and hair, as well as fur patterns)

I can show you my art styles later and you can decide if you want me to draw, I can give you a few pointers on simple cartoon art styles (similar to adventure time, Powerpuff Girls, regular show, and Pucca) as well as more detailed pointers.

But if you don't want tips, I can just post pictures of the various stages of drawing a lion/tiger, shoot i forgot which species you are already.. I'm sorry I ramble, this really should be a pm.

Edited by NarnianKnight

I need to check this topic more often, haha. 

@BJbear2001 Thank you! I actually was sort of proud with the head I drew, though I tried really hard to cut out the neck that protrudes from the head improperly. At least I was able to draw a little bit of the character. I'm glad I won't be a bother with some people, haha. 

@Koios Fortunately, I have been practicing a little bit. Although I'm still not that great, I'm able to draw canine heads decently but only in a cartoon style. I'll admit, I'm very shy but I'll look into joining the chat from time to time. 

@NarnianKnight You wouldn't have to worry about hugs since the character Pharlim isn't necessarily one that favors affection (with the exception of one other character). Unlike a lot of anthro characters who tend to be goofy and lovable, you have Pharlim who is serious, determined, and a bit cold, haha. Yeah, I am interested to see what your style is like and tips would be great! 

And yes, my character is a tiger.