Sign in to follow this  
Sakiki

Sunday, October 29th, 2011

Dear Jesus, here I come to you one more time,

Asking you to forgive me of my crimes.

I said this before you and I ment well.

But again I'm sorry but I have fell.

Why do I lose my way

why can temptation so quickly take me away?

I want nothing more than your love

and the sweet victory of you above.

I know now you are the tree

I am the branches growing from thee

Prune my branches every day

Remove the branches that pull me away.

But Jesus most of all I pray

Give this sinner just one more day.

John 14: 24 "He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.

John 15: 1 and 2 "I am the vine and my father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful

"prune my branches every day; remove the branches that take me away." This line is especially beautiful and relevant to me from where I have stood at times in my life. There are many people and actions in life that will pull you away from God. In fact, there are very few decisions that you can make that fall into the bracket of actions that have no effect upon your spiritual life; ones actions will nearly always harm or help Gods relationship with you. Never forget though, that the idea present in this line is always available to you in prayer. And if you are ready, God will surely help you out; but remember, this action is best described as the "pruning of ones branches!" In other words, it will rarely be a pleasant process... but tress breathe easier under the care of an expert gardener. On a final note, take note that "pruning your tree" will not remain such an upsetting process for long; and another allegory will provide description here too. If your pruning clippers are not sharp, said pruning will be a very messy process; but of course, sharpening such clippers is easy business! Simple practice under an experienced instructor will make you an expert at honing any tool you can imagine; and God is garunteed by His very own word to always be there to help you with this. Asking politely for help is a Plus :)

Thanks for that I hate to admit it but I have some branches that need to come off and it is hard but I think I am finally ready after the pastor read from Mark

Mark 10: 50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feed and came to Jesus.

This person was Bartimaeus he was a blind man a begger.. this Cloak he had was probly the only thing he owned. he kept warm used it as a pillow it probly was his whole world. but he threw i away and Ran to Jesus... this Cloak can represent all the sins in any person's life we need to not only run to Jesus but throw away our sins just for him, and I am trying to throw away my own cloak to run to Jesus

Good! Almost all opportunities to become a better person are gurd stuff by my mark; and like you said though, its really tough... but the fact that you desire to progress is proof that it is possible. I am sure He has planned your trials just according to the areas that need improvement in your spirit. Always remember how special you are, to have warranted such attention... perhaps things feel good sometimes, and other times they do not (rather painful yes?); it is is all for you though. Just for you, from Him. Thanks for the prayer, Sakiki!

Thanks for that I hate to admit it but I have some branches that need to come off and it is hard but I think I am finally ready after the pastor read from Mark

Mark 10: 50 Throwing his cloak aside' date=' he jumped to his feed and came to Jesus.

This person was Bartimaeus he was a blind man a begger.. this Cloak he had was probly the only thing he owned. he kept warm used it as a pillow it probly was his whole world. but he threw i away and Ran to Jesus... this Cloak can represent all the sins in any person's life we need to not only run to Jesus but throw away our sins just for him, and I am trying to throw away my own cloak to run to Jesus

[/quote']

Here's the cool thing Sakiki. His cloak was his brand, it let everyone know he was blind. That way, if he ran into somebody or was roaming around, his behavior could be excused. When he threw it aside, he was literally showing that he had faith enough that he no longer needed it. He had faith that Jesus was who he said he was and WOULD heal him. That faith is what impressed Jesus so much.

His name also meant "son of an unclean man". Nobody called him by his real name. They called him that because his father was a sinful man and that is why Bartimaeus was blind. He was a nobody, known only for the sinful behavior of his family. This also shows us that any man can be made clean and sin free :D:D:D

We all need to cast off our cloaks and show the world that we believe Jesus is who he said he was and that He alone can open our eyes :heart

Sign in to follow this