Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
CrossedSachi

My old story Part 4

Alright folks, I just had to post chapter 4 a little early so here it is for you all! Enjoy! And remember, ad-lib a little if something don't make no sense :P (bad grammar thar intended, hyuck-hyuck)

The Lives of Happiness Chapter 4

Darkness...it was all I recall of that night. I floated in an endless sea of nothing, with only my own thoughts to keep me company. What did it mean? Even when there was nothing to my dreams....there was. Always consumed in darkness. What could it mean?

It was my third day in this strange world. I woke peacefully this morning, opening my eyes to greet the warm ray of sunlight falling through the window and hitting the fur on my face. Slowly I sat up and stretched my arms, letting out a long yawn. I sat there for another minute or two, my ears twitching around, seeing if they could pick up any sounds with their new-found acuteness. A moment later I rose out of bed, folding my sheets back, and I dressed myself.

As yesterday it was somewhat quiet in Buraki and Shira's home. I thought about this and as I did, it then dawned on me that I never asked them for their family name, "I'll have to do that later." I thought to myself. I began walking around the house, and noticed that the two elderly cats weren't around. "Odd, I wonder where those two are." As I walked around the house I took the time to actually note the layout of the house. From the kitchen where the front door was located, there were two small corridors that stemmed off of it. The one on the right led to my room, and the bathroom. While the one on the right led to the living room, the master bedroom, and the back door as well. Walking in to the living room I took a bit of a look around. There was a small two person couch and two chair, one was against the left wall, next to a small bookshelf, while the other was against the right wall, next to a small table stand, and the couch was simply in the center of the room, right in-front of a quaint little fireplace. There was a small oak coffee table in-front of the couch, and below it was a large circular rug. It was a lush rose red, with a blue flowered pattern around the edges. After looking over the living room I decided to make my way to the front door. The bathroom wasn't worth taking a look at, as it was just dull and made of stone, and it would have been rude to rummage through the two cats bedroom.

I made my way to the front door and walked out of the small house, shielding my eyes from the bright sun. I began walking down the sidewalk, taking in the fresh air as I looked up at the bright blue sky. It was a beautiful day, and the light from the sun made the town almost glow in its brilliant light. Quite the sight, but I didn't focus on it too long, as I don't normally pay to much attention to anything for long. I just walked around the town, looking around, and hoping that I could find something interesting. Other than all the odd looking inhabitants walking around, there wasn't too much. The rest of the town almost seemed to fade into a regular setting, but i didn't stop, I was sure I'd find something interesting. After a while of walking around I started to get a little tired to I walked a bit further until I came across a small wooden bench. I sat down to rest for only a moment, but suddenly my ears stood on end and my whiskers began twitching around. I had gotten this strange feeling that someone was watching me. I stood up and began walking again, when I suddenly got the feelign again. Careful not to make any sudden moves, I lightly peered over my shoulder and out of my peripheral line of sight, I could see a short character, poking their head out from behind the corner of a building and staring at me.

Playing it casual, I continued walking, and the small character came out from behind the wall and began fallowing me slowly, keeping a fair distance away. I waited a moment and slowed my steps, letting them get just a bit closer. Then, turning on my heel, I spun around on the short stalker. They then quickly turned around and began running away, and as I could tell were a bit shocked by my sudden motion. I ran after them, with the hopes of an answer as to why they were following me. The stalker tried to run from me but I was too fast, and after a few moments I caught up to them. Giving one strong leap, I tackled them to the ground.

"Oof!...ouch guy. Why'd you have to be so rough eh?" The stalker said, as they rubbed their head from hitting it on the ground. After a quick assessment, It was obvious that this was a boy. He was a bit younger than me from the looks of it. Another cat, but this one had a sort of greyish-white fur, and his hair was a bit on the shorter side, and a dark silver. I grabbed him by the collar of the t-shirt he had on and stood up, holding him in place. "Owowowow, not so rough eh? I'm bruised here."

"Yea well that's your own fault. How about you tell me why you were stalking me?" I said, a bit annoyed by this whole interruption to my day, but it did give me something to pass the time.

"Stalking? Nono, I wasn't stalking you, I was just..eh...following you secretly. That's all eh.

"That would be stalking. And you look a bit young to be walking around out here by yourself."

"What now? I'll have you know that I'll be living on my own in less than a year pal. I don't need someone watching me eh."

"Oh really? Well you don't-" I stopped mid-sentence here and remembered that I still didn't know much about this world, so it would be a bit hasty to say much of anything further. "Well..whatever, just...come up and say hello or something next time, rather than lurking in the shadows, and will you stop saying 'eh' that's a bit annoying."

"Excuse me? I'll let you know that I have a speech impediment eh." After that I wasn't sure how to reply. I felt a little like a jerk now.

"Uhm...oh..alright then."

"Now can you let go of my shirt eh? I need to be getting home."

"Oh! Sorry about that" I let go of his shirt and let him down. He then turned around and began to walk away. "Hey wait! What's your name?"

"My name? Oh it's, uh, Mikai. Now I have to go, see you around." He waved me good-bye and walked off. The whole thing just seemed kind of random and strange, but at-least it kept the day from being boring. Perhaps I would talk to him again sometime. So anyways, after I stood there for a moment, trying to fully comprehend what had just happened, I turned around, and began walking back in the direction I had been going.

I walked around for a while, thinking about the recent event that had just tooken place. It had possibly been the least thing I had expected to happen that day. As I thought about it, I had suddenly realized that I let Mikai walk off without telling me why he was following me. Well whatever, I didn't worry about it and just carried on my way, taking in the mid-day sights. Now the day was some-what long, and I could go on for several chapters about it, so I think I'll sum a bit of it up for convenience. On my walk through the town, I made several stops, going by a few of the local stores and shops. I had quite a good look at some of the culture here, which was quite interesting. I also took a walk through the local park, where I sat down once again to rest on a bench. It was a lovely spot, surrounded by a few trees and flower bushes. It was a pretty colorful place, everything a lush green, speckled by the bright yellow and pink flowers. I leaned back on the bench and shut my eyes for a moment, taking in the sounds and scents of my surroundings.

It was then, in that following moment, that my whiskers began to twitch and I opened my eyes. I could sense someone coming. I looked to my left, and that...that was when I saw her. My eyes widened and my ears dropped as my claws stuck out and dug deep into the bench. My entire being was humbled by her. Her body thin and slender, curved perfectly at every angle. Along with eyes that shined a brilliant deep blue, almost like sapphires, her fur was black, but shined with the brightness of a star-lit night, and her hair was a dark silver that shined like the halo of an angel as the suns light engulfed it. She wore a long glimmering dress, a deep ruby red, and it was decorated with an intricate golden pattern. The dress went just past her knees, and was split down the left and right sides, letting her thin, toned legs show. As this beautiful creature passed by the bench, I could see her head turn to me just the slightest, and our eyes made direct contact. My breath stopped, my heart ceased to beat, and my blood stood still. As she walked away I let out a long breath and slumped back into the bench. She was the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever laid eyes upon, but...What was I thinking? She isn't even a human, how could I be attracted to her? I'm not even one of them, well, at-least, I wasn't on the inside. I wasn't sure what to think of it, but I knew that one day I was going to see to it that I spoke to her. For now though, I decided to head back to the two elderly cats home.

She continued to go through my mind over and over as I walked back. I just couldn't seem to stop thinking about her. I had noted every detail about her and I could picture her perfectly in my head, right down the the length of her tail and the angle of her ears. Everything about her was pure perfection, and it was a perfection that I had to know even more of. So as I finally reached the elderly couples home, I struggled to push the thoughts of her out of my head as to allow me some focus. I entered into the kitchen to be greeted by Shira.

"Oh, welcome back Sachi. How was your day on the town?" She said with a warm smile. A smile that reminded me of home when I would come back from a day of exploration to be greeted by my mother. So as soon as I had entered I could smell that Shira was just finishing up with dinner, so I took a seat at the table before responding.

"It was, eventful, I suppose. This is a very nice town."

"Oh yes, it is a nice town. I would know, I've been living here ever since I was just a kitten." She gave out a long sigh, and looked up at the wall as if in deep thought. "I can remember so many of my younger days. I was quite the catch back then, haha, there weren't a lot of men who could walk past me without taking a second look. In fact, I can remember when i first met Buraki. He was just the shiest little thing.....Yea....those were the days. Oh, I'm sorry, I'm doing it again, I tend to lose myself when I start thinking about the past" She looked a bit embarrassed, but i just smiled at her and laughed a bit.

"Oh it's alright Shira" I said, laughing a little in my words, "I don't mind listening about others pasts. It keeps me entertained, anyways"

"Yes well. Oh, dinner is done. Dear, please come to the kitchen, dinner is ready!" She called out for Buraki who came slowly into the kitchen, rubbing his back and yawning.

"Well that's all good, I'm pretty hungry. Disturbed my nap though." He gave out another yawn and sat at the table. Shira then fixed plates and set our meals down on the table.

"Oh please, you old pussy cat. Don't tell me about naps, I've been working on dinner for the past hour." She said humorously as she sat down at the table with her own meal.

"And that's exactly why I love you. Your just so generous, and I'm very thankful." Buraki said in an equally humorous and almost sarcastic way. I just stared at them, looking a little confused as to if they were joking around.

"Uh, so, Buraki, I was wondering, where were you two this morning?" I asked as i began eating.

"Oh, me and Shira had to go to the town hall for a council meeting."

"You and Shira are on the town council?" I wasn't to familiar with this world or politics, but I was smart enough to recognize what a town council was.

"Yes, we serve on it every couple of weeks to take votes on recent issues and proposals."

"That's interesting I suppose. I wouldn't have guessed though. Oh, I just remembered, I never got your family name, mind telling me?"

"Oh goodness! I can't believe we forgot to tell you that, hahaha, I suppose our minds have both gone bad from old age. It's Sakana, haha, I suppose that will make things a bit easier for you?"

"Yes quite, thank you." After that, we all focused on our dinners, and after, Buraki offered to do the dishes for tonight and let me take it easy, as there wasn't really much to be done that day. So I simply retired to my room and layed in bed for a while, thinking about the days events.

Mikai the small cat, and a magnificent beauty. For the next few days, those two encounters would be the high points of my time in this new world. Thoughts of that beautiful she-cat began rolling through my mind again as I rested there, and I closed my mind, allowing it to wander freely. After a few moments I drifted off into a deep sleep, with a soft, pleasant smile on my face.

Alright guys, now it looks like i have to start writing again. Ohhhh boy, I hope my think-box holds out.

I really, really like your style of writing. You describe the characters and the settings in great detail, but you know just how far to take the descriptions, so as not to bore the reader. God has really blessed you with the ability to describe things! :)

I look forward to the rest of the story!

I really' date=' really like your style of writing. You describe the characters and the settings in great detail, but you know just how far to take the descriptions, so as not to bore the reader. God has really blessed you with the ability to describe things! :)

I look forward to the rest of the story!

[/quote']

Agreed!