Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
CrossedSachi

My old story Part 2

Alright here goes folks. I got a couple of nice replies on my first chapter to I decided to post the second one. If you didn't read the first chapter yet please do as this will make no sense. The last chapter can be found here for conveniences sake: http://christianfurs.net/thread-2830.html

Also note I'm not an expert proof-reader so if you come to a spot that doesn't quite make sense, try to ad-lib a little for me.

The Lives of Happiness Chapter 2

The Darkness....I was surrounded, all around me there was nothing, I was floating in an endless abyss. I looked up, nothing. I looked to the left, nothing. I looked to the right, nothing. But then I looked down, and what I saw, still haunts my thoughts to this day. Creatures and monsters of indescribable nature, reaching out towards me, trying to grab at me, and I could hear their shrieks of anger, and their desire to take me, and my very soul. I could see, as ones arm, shot up from below, and just as it grabbed me, I awoke, in fear, but I did not scream.

"Where...am I?" was my first thought. I looked around, and I was in a small wooden room, in a bed. There was a window with a bright light that was shining down on my face. It was warm, and pleasant. I looked across the room, and there was a door on the other side. Although I wasn't to quick to get up, as I was still exhausted from last night...wait, "What happened?" I thought. All I could really remember was passing out on the forest floor. I tried to remember what happened, but it was no use. Though at the moment, I was more concerned as to where I was, and how I got here. I sat and pondered for a moment, and then a scent hit my nose. A delightful smell, and it somewhat reminded me of my mothers pancakes, oh what I wouldn't have done for one of those at that time.

Slowly, I stood up, and I rubbed my eyes...it took a moment...but then...I looked down at my hands...they weren't mine.

"My...my hands...are these my hands? They don't...even look like hands...they look like...paws." I looked behind me, and that was when I noticed a mirror next to the bed, so I walked up to it and...

"What, the..." It wasn't me. It. Wasn't even human. At-least, I didn't think it was. It looked human, but it looked like an animal, a cat...a black cat.

I moved my hands around as I watched the mirror, not believing that, that was me. I looked behind me, and I saw a tail, I grabbed it, and held it up in-front of my face.

"Wh-wh-what?....AHH!" I screamed in terror, not knowing what was going on, or what had happened to me. That was when two people...or...creatures I should say, barged in through the door. I quickly turned around and stared in amazement and fear.

"What are you?! Get away from me! Don't come closer!" I panicked, climbing onto the bed, and pressing my back to the wall, wishing that this was all just a dream, a mad dream. But it wasn't, it was real, which I learned when I felt a spike of pain from accidentally pulling on my tail in my moment of fear.

It wasn't until a moment later that I realized that those two creatures were talking, and realized what they were saying.

"Calm down, what are you scared of?" Said the first.

"Yes please, stop screaming, it's not like we're going to eat you, you'll wake the neighbors" Said the second. I stopped, and looked down, on closer inspection, I now saw that the first figure was a female, and the second was a male. I slowly slid my back down the wall and huddled up in the corner on the bed.

"Wh-where...am I? What...are you? And...what...am I?" I stuttered out. They offered a hand, or, a paw I should say, which I cautiously took. They led me through the door, and into an old fashioned looking kitchen. It was a bit odd though, the things in the kitchen looked, uneven, and by which i mean, technology wise. I noticed a telephone, a modern looking fridge, and lighting on the ceiling and walls. Although there were older things, like a wood stove, and a basin rather than a sink.

Regardless, I sat down at the little table they had in the middle of the room.

"So tell us" The male said, as he poured some sort of liquid into a wooden cup."Where are you from? And who are you?" He handed me the cup and I took a sip from it. It was quite pleasant actually, it was warm and sweet, and it made me feel much more calm. I took another drink and began to slowly speak.

"Well...it's...a long story."

"Yes well, we have a lot of time, so feel free to speak all you wish" Said the female, as she tended around the kitchen, pretending not to pay much notice to what we were doing. So I began to speak, and we sat there for quite some time as I began with who I was, and recollected the events that led up to where I am, as best I could, ending with me passing out on the forest floor.

"Hmm, I see" Said the male, although I really doubt he believed me, "Well it sounds to me like you fell in here from a different world, as I have never seen or heard of anything quite like what you've described."

"A different world?" I said out-loud "Ok, but, how did I get into your house?" I asked them. They took one quick glance at each-other and then the male looked at me and told me. Apparently, they had been taking a very early morning stroll through the forest, when they came across me laying on the ground passed out. They couldn't allow themselves to just leave me there, so they picked me up, carried me to their house, and layed me in the bed, after attending to the cuts and scrapes on my arms and legs.

"Oh, well I'm grateful that you would help me." I said to them with a small smile on my face.

"Of course" Said the male, "Me and my wife are very generous, and we enjoy helping others, oh, which reminds me. My name is Buraki, and my wife's is Shira. We didn't quite get your name yet, would you mind telling us?"

"Oh, um, ok, my name is...uh" I sat there for a moment, shooken up from all that has happened.

"What-now?" He pointed his ear towards me, "Come on now, don't be shy."

"Dear! don't rush the boy, he just met us after all." Said Shira, looking somewhat annoyed at her husbands behavior.

"Sorry, very well, you don't have to tell us now, feel free to when you get more comfortable." Buraki then grabbed my cup and filled it for me. I gladly took it, and drank from it for a second before speaking again, trying to think, using the drink to stall time for a moment.

"Um, thank you, yes, maybe later." I said to them, with a somewhat grateful expression on my face, but in all honesty. I couldn't remember my name! Something I had been with for sixteen years, and I, couldn't, remember it. What had happened to me? Well anyways, I was never one to give much thought to things, so I simply remained calm, and carried on, just assuming it would come back to me.

"So, I assume, that since you don't come from this world. You don't have a home?" Buraki asked, in a somewhat smart way, sounding more like he was humoring me than really asking, while keeping his eyes off his wife, hoping she wouldn't chew him out again for being rude. So, I simply shook my head in response, gripping my cup a little harder now, as thoughts about what was to come began to rush through my head.

"Well that's no good. I suppose we can't just leave you out on the street. Hmm...Shira my love, would it be alright if we let this boy stay here for a while, until he can get out on his own?" Buraki asked his wife, almost with a begging expression. I somewhat chuckled a little inside, watching the reaction on her face when he asked that.

"Well dear, how are we supposed to take care of him? It's not like we don't already have enough to do with just ourselves, and we aren't exactly rich you know" Shira replied, and I could see that as much as she wanted to help, she didn't really think it was a good idea.

"Haha, don't worry, I'll go find him a job first thing, and we could use the extra help around the house, as you and me aren't exactly young anymore" Buraki argued. After saying that his wife gave out a bit of a sigh, and reluctantly agreed to let me stay. I was a little concerned about this, as I had no idea how this world worked, and on top of that, it was very strange to have someone I didn't know helping me.

So after that, they offered to make me some food, but I declined, not being very hungry after all the confusing things that have happened. They told me that they would take me down to the city hall the next morning to have me documented as a citizen, and apparently I would be given a name there too. Neither of these was I too thrilled about, but I came to the conclusion that it would make things a bit easier for me. So, I simply agreed to it, and went to bed, having a lot on my mind to think about.

"Well, at-least having a name will be nice, until I remember my real one that is."

I really enjoyed this, the visual detail makes it so easy to picture the events taking plsce :)

if there's more, I'd love to read it.