Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Flechmen

That time of year again!

Here at Christian Furs, we value the input and participation of membership. So, we hold bi-annual reviews to:

• See what we can improve upon
  • Take suggestions
  • Take complaints
  • Share ideas
  • And find a direction

Its a general meeting to find out what you guys want and figure out the best way to make it happen!

We have a list of topics that was thought up when we first did this, it's by no means an exhaustive list, and if you see anything you feel should be added, please PM it to me or post a reply to this thread. You can view that Here.

The meeting will be held in IRC, and shouldn't last more than 30-45 minutes.

The date will be May 22, at 10 PM GMT.

This date may change due to schedule conflicts and such. We'll let you know at least a week before hand.

Have fun, and God bless!

Hey. I won't be able to attend the official IRC meeting, so I'd like to give my info here (school is kicking me, and I don't feel like I can take time to find out about the IRC).

Hmm, what to improve on?... I really don't see any improvement that needs to be taken. Sure, people get angry and vent, or storm off the site, but that's not the site's fault. I don't hold any of those times against anyone accept the person getting angry.

Suggestions? Well, I would like there to eventually be more recording of the events that go on at cons. Evidence of what we Christian furries do at cons, etc, I think is extremely valuable.

Complaints? None. This place is kinda' home to me, and I love everyone on this site, as well as Furrsfurchrist.com.

Ideas? My suggestions cover that.

Direction? Straight into the heart of the con and internet. I think we can pick our FA ministry back up, because I'm not stopping my work, and neither should anyone else (I don't think anyone is, honestly, I just want to be patriotic-sounding. XD)!

Just have a couple thoughts (which I will record here because the date is a while off and I don't know if I'll make it or not, or remember what I have to say by then).

I know I'm new here, but from my (probably limited) view of things, there seems to be a lot of energy spent in "trying to find a direction". That's a great thing. However, has there been any progress made? If not, I know that it's easy to sit around and shout opinions, but sometimes the stumbling block really is saying "this is what we will do" and then actually going to do it. Has this happened? Are we past the phase of brainstorming and onto the phase of putting a plan into action yet?

Other than that, I've got no complaints or suggestions.

I think it's gone places. DA and FA are ground-zero for two ministries we're doing, so I think anything related to that is progress. But, I do see what your saying. It's tough to keep focus sometimes (I recently considered talking to people more in the two Christian fur communities I'm in, instead of putting all my energy into making non-christian friends on FA). Yeah, I agree that by saying 'this is what we will do' can be a tough lateral to jump.

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a submitted anonymous suggestion or not. The poster did follow my directions for submitting anonymous suggestions.

i know this is random but to mixit up a little i can make a server on xfire so allz of us furries can talk with voice chat.... just an idea so u know what do u think.

I'm not sure what Xfire is, and we do have teamspeak.

XFire is a chat/IM program. It's different than other IM programs because it allows for text and voice, and it runs while in-game (as in, if you're running a full-screen computer game, you can hit a key combination (like scroll lock-c) and it will bring up a chat window inside the game screen. It also lets you take video and screenshots of your gameplay and upload them to your profile. I have it but haven't used it in a looong time. But in truth, I'm happy with IRC for now. And I'm pretty sure we could probably set up a skype session too, if we wanted to, but when I'm on IRC, usually I don't want to be talking, or are not present enough to pay attention to a vocal conversation. That's just me, though.

I think we should keep to the foxnet server. Like Flechmen said, we have teamspeak, and I don't think we need something on XFire. Once we get too many places, it starts getting confusing, and then it gets hard to keep track of everything. Quite honestly, IRC is fine with me. It's also easier to keep track of what is said.