Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
patricia1990

music instrument voice vocal

i want to learn music instruemnt for classical music and church music in old time midivial wich one is the best one i like guiatar violin viola paino and for vocal i wanna do catholic chrstian chant gregorian chants and some of old church music sound better than the new music that only repeat or copy from eachother and dull?

what classes do i need to take in music classes in college to start for some one who knows nothing is there any good books? 

Edited by patricia1990

bro. You just gotta dig into it. Books on theory will help, but until you actually are learning off an instrument, you won't really get anywhere. The best learning books out there are books and exercises honestly.

Josiah is right. You learn the basics of music theory in the process of learning an instrument.

If you want a good starter instrument, I'd recommend the piano. It's easy to learn, as far as instruments go, because all of the notes are literally right there at your fingertips :P . And because it's polyphonic, you can play chords and harmony with it, so you learn about chords and harmony while learning the piano. And it's the gateway instrument to learning every other keyboard instrument - organ, harpsichord, celesta, synthesizer (my favorite), and more.