Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community

So Thomas Maltuin and I did a little bit of preparatory brainstorming for the collaboration idea that SalemPertaeus suggested and one of the things we realized was that we cannot get very far without everyone who is interested in being able to participate.

That means we need to find a day and time when we can all get together for at least a little bit to decide on the genre and do some setting and character brainstorming. But before I get into that, allow me to go over some of what Thomas and I discussed and what each of us should prepare beforehand to make the meeting a bit smoother.

First up is theme. Thomas and I thought that it would be cool for content to mirror form in that the theme be something to do with a group of people coming together. Ideas we tossed back and forth were harmony, reconciliation, and teamwork. Please try to think about those and decide if you like one of them as a theme or would rather have a different theme.

Next is genre. We tentatively decided to go with fantasy as the genre because it is a genre we both liked writing in. However, this isn't set in stone as we want to make sure that the genre of the story is one that everyone who will be collaborating is comfortable with. So please come prepared to discuss our favorite genres in hopes of finding one we all like.

Finally we talked about characters. The two of us made rough sketches of two characters that could be used in basically any setting or genre (with some tweaking). So please come up with at least a species, profession, and whether they are male or female. You can do more, but that is the minimum. Thomas came up with a male lynx (or was it ocelot?) hunter and I came up with a female fox city guard.

While we are doing this for fun, this is a project that you should be willing to spare a few hours a week for. I doubt that we will meet weekly, but it is important for everyone to do a little writing each week. Granted, if work/school/illness/etc. is making life particularly stressful/busy/hectic/overwhelming I'm sure we all will understand and cut you some slack.

Does the evening of the 6th of January work for a meeting time? We'll need to coordinate the exact time based upon timezones, but does that day work for all of us?

As far as meeting place goes, I think Skype is a good choice because it is a fairly common program and allows us to do both voice and text chat. Does anyone have an objection to that?

People whom it would be good to hear from:

• Salem--this was your idea, so being able to meet with you is key.
  • Thomas--you are very gung-ho about this project, so it is key to make sure the meeting works for you
  • JollyRancher--you expressed interest, so it would be good to know if this is still something you would like to do
  • Zvoc--you also expressed interest, so do you still want to do this and how do we schedule things to accommodate your timezone?
  • SleepySchizo--you, too, expressed interest, so let us know if you want to still be involved
  • Myself--future Direlda, please get me a calendar with all of my other responsibilities written out so that I can better make schedule plans. And wibbley-wobbley it to yesterday if you can.

I would just like to note that as Direlda says, it was our specific intention to make no concrete deciscions. We (or at least I) just wanted to move forward somehow. This project will take time, but we can do nothing without "starting." So just for emphasis, nothing, including characters, are intended as absolute. Just trying to get some momentum. I personally look forward to working with those who participate as creativity sometimes flows better in the prescence of other creativity. Its kinda like gravity.

and

yay

It's best if I don't, I'm not a very strong writer. When I do write it's very few and far between. I have a decent imagination but getting it on to paper is something totally different.

Anywho, my artisticness(That's a word now, I made it up) comes out better visually, I will hopefully be helping in making a fursuit for one of my cousins friends, and I'm working on cartoony faux taxidermy heads to put on the wall (For practice in making a fursuit).

I really hope this goes well though, and I'd love to see some of y'alls process, it may help me out in the future. 

I would like to, but this year of school is judgmental for my future. I will only work after I finish my daily works. Except for these holidays. These holidays are the last free time I can get.

Amaik January 6th is free of any special tasks. My availability for the meeting is from 6pm to 11pm Central European Time.

It's best if I don't, I'm not a very strong writer. When I do write it's very few and far between. I have a decent imagination but getting it on to paper is something totally different.

Well, if you want to get stronger as a writer then this would be a good opportunity to do so. Writing requires discipline. And what better way to become more disciplined than having others who will keep each other accountable for whatever goals are set. Even I could do with some improvement on how often I write. Furthermore, we can help each other improve our writing skills. I have a variety of resources for teaching creative writing and the others probably have some tips. And you might have some insights that we could benefit from.

But, if you don't want to participate, then we understand. Doing a collaboration, even if for fun, imposes deadlines that are harder to put off because you are working with others, which can add extra stress to the process.

Blessings on your fursuit endeavors!

I would like to, but this year of school is judgmental for my future. I will only work after I finish my daily works. Except for these holidays. These holidays are the last free time I can get.

Amaik January 6th is free of any special tasks. My availability for the meeting is from 6pm to 11pm Central European Time.

So timezones are going to be an issue, as 6pm Central European Time is 9am Pacific Standard Time is 12pm Eastern Standard Time. To include you in a brainstorming session we would have to make sure we pick a day when you are free in the evening and the people in the US are free in the morning/afternoon. We might have to have you give input beforehand and then pass on what we talked about afterwards.

Also schiz, I don't have any real experience writing, but I have always had stories or character that were Complex. This could be a chance for some of us to learn together. And it will be easier with friends to build off one another. Yay edification! However no one is pressuring you : 3

Sorry for response time, guys. My computers are down, currently. Desktop with hardware malfunctions (no post/BIOS on power on) and laptop with Win8 update related issues (update hangs my laptop on start).

I'm excited to work on this, and I expect I shall be back properly in the next week. (Today is Sunday the 28th of December.)

I'm excited, but this is just a quick post to let you guys know I'm still on board.

And most importantly, I wanted to hear all of your guys ideas. I came with nothing on the slate.

That is a good question, considering you are the only one who responded with a time. So if you are on around 6pm CET, then at least I can hop onto Skype and talk for a little bit. I have no idea if anyone else will be able to meet on the 6th at any time. (School just started up for me today, so I'm a bit tired and frantically trying to make sure I know what my homework is--which is why I didn't remind people like I had meant to...).

I am sometimes available at 6 cet however I'm usually free anywhere between 7am CET and 3pm CET.

Also, I am super excited about the collaborative fiction meet tonight, hope we have a group tonight! What fun!

We need to develop a consistent schedule.

Google Calendars, maybe?

Update on tech: Laptop is down with a hard drive failure. Only have my desktop. So while I really badly want to be around, it's possible that my time is being extremely limited due to family interaction.

OK I've asked direlda and Salem who confirmed. So if all goes well we will meet tonight. Any who can join us on Skype feel free. There isn't a set time but it will probably be between 8p.m and 12:00 am cst for Greenwich time, add six hours.

So Thomas, Salem and I did end up meeting last night. We bounced ideas off each other, though we didn't end up nailing the genre or setting down. That means you can still join in without really any difficulty. But the writing train is getting ready to leave the station and when it does it will be hard to join in, so be aware of that.

For next time we meet, which might be next Tuesday, please bring some sort of character sketch! We are planning on using these characters as a way of helping us get started.

By sketch, he doesn't mean drawing by the way. By sketch we mean to say, outline a rough draft of character that can be adapted to fit different settings plots etc. although if you are so inclined, feel free to make a drawing . Someone will need to illustrate a cover at the very least anyway. :)

So I have quite a bit of homework to work on, which means I probably won't be able to meet tonight. ^^; I've tried to get as much as I can done, but there's still a lot left to do.

Purrrrrrrrogrrrrrrrrrressssss

nusers = raw_input("how many attended?")
nmeets = raw_input("how many meetings have been held?")

def progress(users, velocity):
    genvrble=0
    smileyface=users + velocity

if users >= 3 and velocity >= users:
        genvrble += 5
    elif velocity >= users:
        genvrble +=2
    else:
        print "Game Over"
        break
    momentum = genvrble ** smileyface
    if momentum >= 5**10:
        print "Mind=Blown"
    print "Great Job"

progress(nusers, nmeets)

hehehe

Edited by Thomas Maltuin

I think we did pretty awesome last night. You guys seem to have a lot of pre-planning done, though you seem to be a little all over the place. HOPEFULLY, focusing on a singular aspect of the story(your characters), will help sorta get you guys started writing, and setting all the awesome ideas you have into motion. I had a lot of fun, and I'm glad to help. As Thomas said, Purrrrrogress!!