Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thomas, Maltuin

Did you know... ( please read )

This is an old thread but it needed updating and has some parallel relevance to my most recent one.

*ahem*

IRC and christianfurs.net are great places to meet up and chill with your furiends (see what I did there). We all seem to like it here but time spent at a computer is limited for the healthier of us. Although I think cell phone dependency is frightening, the ability to connect and hang out with your Christian furry friends from virtually anywhere is pretty cool.

So here are some ways to do it.

-Tapatalk-

A lovely app for browsing registered forums (which we are) . I'm using it now. I'm sure many of you gave heard of it and probably used it. It has come a long way in the last six months alone. I prefer it for general use in regards to the desktop version of CF.

Why use it?

-Take Christianfurs.net with you everywhere.

-Get notifications for

- liked posts

- private messages

- posts in subscribed forums and threads

All without having to check your email

-IRC-

You can chat in real-time

Nuff said

Many have been frustrated for a while because of the lack of activity around the CF irc. A good step in repaying that is providing you all with the ability to access it anywhere. Bored while accompanying your mom to the dry cleaners? Then do we have something for you!

Mobile irc clients

ANDROID

-androchat

A lovely simple app that will notify you when someone pm's you or says your nick AND will keep a note in you status/notification bar without draining battery.

It's lightning fast and easy to use. Again, improvements over the last six months alone.

-Andchat

Another irc client for Android.

Can't say too much about it, I like the other better. Many people prefer this one however (please don't start an app war here).

IPHONE

-colloquy

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/colloquy-irc-client/id302000478?mt=8

Seems to be the most common

That's all I got

WINDOWS PHONE

-PocketIRC

http://pocketirc.com/

Why not use Skype?

-You can but irc clients won't drain your battery like skype will, neither will they freeze.

-irc is faster.

-No need for keeping contact lists

Skype is great. I use it frequently. But irc is a great place to meet up and just chill with those who have decided to do the same. If they are on, then they ready to chat and it's one big conversation.

Did you know?...

-You can start your own channel and invite people.

-You can send private messages and hold conversations one on one, off to the side.

-If you start a chan you can password protect it and moderate to some small extent your own little corner.

- you will still be overseen by network moderators however.

-There are people around to moderate and ensure that the peace is maintained so people don't harass you.

-If someone is being disrespectful or abusive you can get it taken care of without "friend bias" via said moderators.

Just a thought.

Edited by Thomas Maltuin

i'd just like to say that i didn't know that the chat even existed until after 2 mentions about it in 2 recent posts. Perhaps you can advertise it better on here. I also didn't know where to find it originally. I kind of had to look around for it.

I mentioned it in another thread but I used to use PocketIRC on Windows Mobile, and it was fantastic. I've yet to find an equivalent on Android or iOS that was as easy and stable. 

i'd just like to say that i didn't know that the chat even existed until after 2 mentions about it in 2 recent posts. Perhaps you can advertise it better on here. I also didn't know where to find it originally. I kind of had to look around for it.

Its in the welcome PM, it's on the top of every page... Do I need to make a flashing banner? Something that plays sound at full volume?

Bumped because old thread now relevant. Refer to original post for update. Have a nice day.

I mentioned it in another thread but I used to use PocketIRC on Windows Mobile, and it was fantastic. I've yet to find an equivalent on Android or iOS that was as easy and stable.

Its in the welcome PM, it's on the top of every page... Do I need to make a flashing banner? Something that plays sound at full volume?

-Pocket irc added to first post with link

-Josiah said that back in November, you hadn't added the kiwi irc yet. (sorry for the thread necro, thought it was better than duping.) :3

Edited by Thomas Maltuin