Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flechmen

Big changes to the CF website!

Norz and I have been working hard to make some major changes to CF in the background, and I think everyone will like it a lot!

We're removing the forums entirely and moving everything to a BBS!

Why? No longer will you need a web browser, or even a GUI on your computer for that mattter! You can access all the CF goodness right from a command line interface.

This is even better for people on slow connections or people that have computers incapable of processing HTML. I've been having a really hard time on my ol' faithful Tandy 1000, but my old comptuer will run the BBS just fine.

I hope this is a welcome change to everyone!

Connecting to the BBS is simple, just open a command prompt and type in

telnet 94.142.241.111

And follow the onscreen instructions.

Or, you can use your modem to dial 1-916-440-0029 and that will also connect you.

We've also made a voice interface that can be accessed by calling 1-509-457-0051!

Long distance rates may apply.

We'll be closing the forums at the end of the month, and moved totally over to the BBS. Have fun! :)

Back before the internet as we know it, you had IRC and bullitent boards (BBS), we still use IRC pretty heavilly, but BBS has long since been replaced by forums. ;)

And yeah, both of those phone numbers should just say "All circuits are busy" if you call them, they're Bell test numbers.

And if you do telnet into that address, it plays the entire Star Wars movie in ASCII art.

I figured when you said BBS.  It got me to thinking about the 80's and how the internet was before it became mainstream.

I looked up the ASCII star wars a couple days ago.  That's hilarious!  Unfortunately I didn't have the patience to sit through all of it.

It was an April fools joke.

And 1980s, not 1990s :P

Oh... It's hard to interpret jokes on the Internet.... That or I have Down syndrome. Probably not that. Edited by Wolfheart1002

Is it bad that I 100% legitimately thought this was real and was a totally Adair-ish thing to do?

I even messaged some other friends of mine to show them and I was like "Oh my goodness why does he thing this is a good thing to do?  He's the only one that knows how to read it!... and who can't run HTML in 2014???"

The thing is, it is a totally Adair-ish thing to do! The only thing that stopped me from legitimately setting up a BBS was I couldn't find a peice of software I could quickly throw up to do it!

Sign in to follow this