Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
She-King

Tusken the werewolf WIP

This video is a little bit older, but I hadn't realized I hadn't posted it yet, so here it is.

Here's my concept art for her.

tusken_by_grizzled_dog-d5lil6s.png

tusken_2_by_grizzled_dog-d5p1g6q.png

Tusken is my "Wow" Suit for rens fest this fall. Saw the attention a fullsuit soaked up and I'm gungho for a fullsuit from here on out that can be switched back and forth between a partial. It's going to be great!

I'm still working on Tusken's character. I seem to have trouble knowing what i want for my fursuit characters, but I'm working on it. Standing in front of the mirror and acting all werewolfish for a few months should help me figure out if she's very intelligent, feral, animus, curious, or grouchy. I haven't decided yet.

I am leaning towards the traditional werewolf expectations the general public has, though. For her role at the fest I don't know if she'll be independent or a "companion/pet" with someone else I attend. I have no clue. Our fellowship is going to be mixed.

I also liked the positive reaction from children last year, but with this suit, I kind of want to act a little bit unapproachable, but I don't like the idea of scaring kids. Saw some kids last year that nearly defecated bricks because they were so scared. Poor things. So this suit might be more for the adult audience, all though if it's a fuzzy animal, some kids hug because it's an animal, even if it's crazy, rabid, or realistic-looking. We train our kids to like animals and stuffed animals a like. It might not be so bad.

Sorry, I type a lot, lol. I just enjoy sharing my ideas. I must say, she's pretty close to my concept art, actually. I think I might have a knack for getting stuff to look identical. Have to make a few more heads based off of my concept art to the letter to see if I'm good at that.

I posted months ago, but finally, this is Tusken's OFFICIAL time to shine as I work on her, specifically for Kansas City Rens faire, this fall. Some con friends are coming over from St. Louie to visit and go to the fest with me. A werewolf and steampunk lady will be accompanying me to create our interesting fellowship!

A VIDEO OF TUSKEN IN ACTIONtusken_wip_by_grizzled_dog-d6drs3g.png

Edited by She-King

Her head is finished! Its a bit fluffy or rounded and fat, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem! I'm going to go with it and see what happens!

11262409@400-1375581857.jpg

how do you even begin on somthing like this. Judging from your sketches you'de need to be an accomplished artist already. I got nothing. But what is the technique step by step. Materials, adhesives, cutting tools.

how do you even begin on somthing like this. Judging from your sketches you'de need to be an accomplished artist already. I got nothing. But what is the technique step by step. Materials, adhesives, cutting tools.

They have tutorials and such on how to make one of these, which is how I made my first one. This is my 5th head, but my third fullsuit I've made. If you'd like some websites with turtorials, I can go fetch a few :) Livejournal's Fursuit community is a great place to go for getting tutorials, asking questions and getting help, even from the professional builders.

Tusken is completely finished now and she had her first photoshoot. I got some feedback from the livejournal community on some things that could be better about her. She was an experimental suit just as much as a new experience, entirely. I'm content with how she is, but I'm going to try to make her even better!

My next costume will be another wolf-man. More of a wolf-man, than a werewolf and its for a starwars costuming group I'm part of. Total, coming up, I'll own three werewolf suits. Its weird. My favorite animals are horses and cats. I like all animals, but I have no cat concept sketched up, nor a particular horse fursuit sketched up. Hm...weird.

1173764_658236540853839_1129552612_n.jpg

1238296_658236760853817_718984857_n.jpg1233455_658237104187116_601944995_n.jpg1150346_658237194187107_495118072_n.jpg1187050_658237360853757_68002999_n.jpg1236608_658237200853773_693839109_n.jpg

As an experiment, I'd call that excellent.  Looks like you put a lot of work into it.  Thanks so much for sharing!

Sadly, I can't really talk to fursuits or construction, but if I had to take a stab at some of the feedback, it seems like the ankles connect a bit far forward on the feet, makes them look somewhat stumpy at certain angles.

But overall, the chance to see her prowl around would make me smile.

I look forward to your next project!  Maybe you'll even manage that feline concept art and branch out on your options a bit. ~_^

Any news on the Ren fest feedback yet?

Rythe is indeed quite sinister-looking. I just signed into CF to see what's going on - I recognize your character from some art on Deviantart, I think. 

I'm curious to hear what the public reaction was when you went to the festivals.

Really awesome. How much did this cost to make?

It probably ran me about 200 dollars or so, maybe a teeny weeny bit more. I had money saved up though. Now, I'm broke, lol!

Any news on the Ren fest feedback yet?

Rythe is indeed quite sinister-looking. I just signed into CF to see what's going on - I recognize your character from some art on Deviantart, I think. 

I'm curious to hear what the public reaction was when you went to the festivals.

Well,  I can say, I'm used to being cute and cuddly and having positive feedback .Tusken was not as well accepted by the kiddies as I would have liked but she is a rather intimidating and off-putting suit. She's a werewolf and she looks and acts like one. We had a blast though, regardless and I managed to win some hearts over with some dancing and cutesy stuff. Who knew a werewolf was capable of changing minds with her werewolf-looks? The king of rens faire loved us and his royal subjects as well. My friend and I even inspired someone to join the furry fandom with our antics, which was really endearing. A lot of people were scared of us, but they wanted pictures still, all the same, which I found amusing. At one point one woman didn't want me to wrap my arm around her, but she still wanted a picture. Which was fine with me. I just find it funny when someone is scared, but its like they're fascinated all the same so they still want a picture.

We went with a new fur I helped out, with building their costume. She has a lot to learn of performing in public. We caught her doing things you don't do while in suit that can scare people or turn people off. But its not entirely her fault, we failed to give her a quick run through of what to do and what not to do while in suit. She's very touchy-feely, and its just not okay. She wasn't doing anything that would be touch inappropriate, but she was approaching people for hugs and children to, without letting them come to her first which is a no. So, my friend and I ended up babysitting her. We didn't have any real fun until the second weekend we went, which was the best out of the two days we went.

Overall, we had a blast. It was a bit off putting not to be accepted like I had been as "cute" but it was a great exercise to try to convince people I was friendly and harmless. :)

Wonderful news!

And I think I'm more the sort of soul who'd be quietly amused and pleased by Ren Faire's generally take to Tusken. A change to what you're use to, sure, but shows that Tusken was a success for what she is.  Well done.

Certainly can sympathize to showing the newbie the ropes - I'm sure I'd need a lot of coaching in the same place - but it's usually worth it in the end!

Again, I look forward to your next project! ^^