#1 AmayaHippogryph

AmayaHippogryph

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

HAI!

I'm working on a Hippogryph (Kinda like a gryphon except rarther than a lion and a bird it's a Horse and bird) The bird part is a crow and the horse part is a Grey horse with splotches :3 Here's a WIP Video (THe head only. It's basically done, I just have to fix the mouth and add eyes)

Any suggests? :D

#2 SpaceFox

SpaceFox

Growing Christian

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Species:Fox of Space
  • LocationStill Abroad

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Wow, that's looking good! Is the head tight or loose? Looks like some toony eyes would be better to see through but some follow-me eyes would scary! Are you going for scary? The eyes are what makes the character, make sure its what you want others to see you as ;)

Keep up the good work-

Space
-If you think Chirstian music is good now, just wait 'til the concert in the New Jerusalem... get your tickets now by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior! -

#3 AmayaHippogryph

AmayaHippogryph

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I think it's a bit loose on me. But before I put the fur on it moved really well. I think the fur is too tight somewhere. I'm not sure if I want to go for scary or not. I've considered toony eyes, but I am leaning more on the resin eyes. She'll have bright green eyes, but if I make them out of resin I don't think they will be follow-me.

#4 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

I think it's a bit loose on me. But before I put the fur on it moved really well. I think the fur is too tight somewhere. I'm not sure if I want to go for scary or not. I've considered toony eyes, but I am leaning more on the resin eyes. She'll have bright green eyes, but if I make them out of resin I don't think they will be follow-me.

Yeah, on my most recent partial, I ran into the fur being too heavy for the jaw. I think the fur weighs it down and then it just isn't as great as when you had it foamed! It's most depressing!

What I did that worked out wonderfully, was I glued elastic to the back of the lower jaw and pulled it as taut as I could before I glued the other end down inside the mask. I used two strips of woven-non slip elastic. Be sure it's woven. It's a stronger stretch and support.

Black elastic should work best for you can't tell that you did anything or messed up when people see you. :) Hope that helped!

All in all, it's nice to see a fellow Christian making a fursuit! Keep up the good work! I'm liking what you have alll ready!
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

#5 AmayaHippogryph

AmayaHippogryph

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

The video in the original post is now down I will have a new one, soon.

#6 AmayaHippogryph

AmayaHippogryph

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Also, She-King thank you! :D I will note your suggestion. :D

#7 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Also, She-King thank you! :D I will note your suggestion. :D

No problem, hon. Just use as much as needed until you're happy. Be warned, until the elastic stretches a bit, you might become a little choked for a while, but it should stretch out, yet keep your jaw taut and keep that talking illusion we all want so badly ;)
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users