Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
CrossedSachi

Dust: An Elysian Tail

Hey folks, I know I'm not super active much anymore. A lot is going on and I've been real busy, but I came across this game recently that you can get on XBLA. It looks really cool and apparently it's somewhat of an open world type game, with elements similar to games like castlevania and metroid. On top of that, the art styles are amazing and the combat looks incredibly fluid. Also, FULL VOICE ACTING. This is amazing because it's a very rpg type game as well, and most games like this just use text boxes. Anyways here's a gameplay demo from youtube. Check it out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6_KZst1tiU&feature=fvst

I enjoyed the heck out of this game when I really needed gaming to provide a worthwhile experience for once.  It's a mix between a Metroidvania and an ARPG with some great moments between all the fuzzy characters.

The game isn't flawless by any means, especially at the very beginning, but it's still a gem worth picking up with some excellent gameplay, gameplay animation and solid voice work.  An interesting bit of trivia is the game was basically made by one person (shy of a pass on the writing, soundtrack, and outsourced voice acting), who started out as a professional animator (and the animator part shows).  'Glick 16' from the soundtrack made it into my general playlist, and there's another bonus hidden in the credits.   So yes, a hearty recommend.

And the reason I'm mentioning all this is because the best game from XBLA's 2012 Summer of Arcade thing, that just so happens to be furry, is coming to Steam.

Launch Trailer Goodness Below -

Edited by Rythe

best game evar. best game evar. best game evar.