Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Falux

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

My gaming group has got into this game, at least the demo so far since the full game isn't out yet. They convinced me to try it out today and let me tell you, I was hooked on the first campaign preview. The gameplay and visuals are so fluid, the movement is tight and the controls are response. The soundtrack, once the chorus kicks in? Spine tingling. I've never really been into Transformers past the animated shows but this makes me want to get back into it, a LOT.

Of course there is a multiplayer demo as well. Only one map, but this map has a great balance of indoor, corridors, mid range, long range, and even aerial. (yes a class can transform into a jet) There are four classes, all come with a dash/sprint ability and regeneration overshields and non regenerating health. Infiltrator with fast speed, a fast car, low health and cloak. Destroyer with rocket esque weapons, portable shield, medium speed, medium health and a batmobile esque vehicle with machine guns. Titan with machine guns, slow speed, slow-ish tank vehicle, a sort of wind up whirlwind melee ability, and lots of health. Lastly, the Scientist with precision weapons, medic ray, jet vehicle, small-medium health and medium speed.

My favorite class thus far is Titan, for a machine gun class it's pretty accurate, and the tank esque vehicle is good for getting across the battlefield and being able to take hits. When paired with a Scientist and camping ammo drops the Titan is hard to take down for sure. Better yet it the role of Scientist as a medic is clear to people, and I'll be healed without asking.

Demo download link.

That's the link to the demo. This will not waste your time.

TLDR: Game is awesome, try demo, have fun.

Speaking of beasts...

I'm hoping the full game will have those bots that can transform into dinosaurs and all that, lol. Dunno what they're called...I really don't know my Transformers universe.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was an incredibly good game. I have really never been a fan of Transformers, ESPECIALLY the terrible Michael Bay films, but with this game I love Transformers. It was really easy to approach but had challenging third person shooting/melee mechanics. I also absolutely love that it is a clean fun game that easily could have been mature but instead was just neutral which is incredibly rare in entertainment. It was an intelligent well made engaging game but never felt like it was for children, from what I remember it didn't have any questionable content other than violence. Under supervision I have played it with my 13 year old half brother who is obsessed with Transformers and he loved it. It's one of those rare titles that I have played from beginning to end in a relatively short amount of time. This game is a gem that was very overlooked and under appreciated.