Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
riddle kat

reading my first giant stephen king novels

Try 3 Musketeers... 937 pages.

Or Don Quixote... 1028 pages.

Still, anything 500+ pages takes a ridiculously long time to read.

I vote you start with The Stand instead. Bag of Bones is pretty unfocused and unmemorable. King's books tend to be either great or terrible, and Bag of bones was one of those that was just so bland that I don't even remember much about it.

Try 3 Musketeers... 937 pages.

Or Don Quixote... 1028 pages.

Still' date=' anything 500+ pages takes a ridiculously long time to read.

[/quote']

the stand = 1250+ pages >:3

I vote you start with The Stand instead. Bag of Bones is pretty unfocused and unmemorable. King's books tend to be either great or terrible' date=' and Bag of bones was one of those that was just so bland that I don't even remember much about it.

[/quote']

It's my first oversized book i'm not really ready for something over 1k

I'm currently reading Stephen King's It. I think it's 800+. But this is the third time I've read it. I love it and own it, as well as Bag of Bones, The Stand, Desperation, and many, many others. Huge Stephen King fan, though I will admit that Saz has a point. Stephen King is kind of a back-and-forth. Some of his stuff is iffy, and some are great.

As for Don Quixote and The Three Musketeers, they're also really good reads. As well as Les Miserables by Alexander Dumas. DO NOT READ War and Peace by Tolstoy. I about died of boredom before finally saying, "I'm done," not even halfway through it.

Also keep in mind that many great books are there that aren't huge volumes. I love many short stories, including lots of HP Lovecraft's works and John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. Oh, and Arthur Miller's The Crucible and Death of a Salesman.