Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
CrossedSachi

My old story Part 3

Alright guys I decided now would be a good time to post the 3rd chapter in my story so here goes and I hope you enjoy it. Oh and again, just ad-lib a little if you hit a part that doesn't make sense.

The Lives of Happiness Chapter 3

The darkness consumed me, I was amongst nothing, standing amidst a large tunnel. I looked around, everywhere there was nothing. Until finally I noticed a light, a faint light, far at the end. I began to run, and run as fast I could, towards the light. At first it seemed as if I wasn't getting any closer at all. Finally the light began to grow, and I came closer and closer to the light. Right before I got to it, just as I reached out towards the light. I woke up, and sat in bed, confounded.

"What does it mean? I'm already in a strange world, am I going insane as well?" I felt as if I didn't know anything anymore.

I sat there for a few moments and let out a long yawn. Then relaxed myself as i felt that same warm light rest on my face. Then suddenly there was a knock on the door and a voice came through it.

"Hey boy! Are you awake?" It was Buraki.

"Uh, yea, I'm up! What is it?"

"Hurry up and get dressed, we need to take you to the city hall."

"Oh geez, that's right, ok just a second." I jumped from the bed and quickly threw on my clothes from yesterday, which I at that moment realized felt softer, and after a closer look i noticed that the holes that had been ripped into my clothes had been patched up.

"Huh, Shira must have fixed them up for me" I thought to myself. I then went through the door and found Buraki waiting for me by the front door.

"Ok you ready to go?" Buraki said, sounding as if he was somewhat in a rush.

"Uhh, yea, I'm ready." With that, he opened the door and walked on out. I then followed right behind him, and as I did I was momentarily blinded from the bright light hitting my eyes. They soon adjusted and what I saw amazed me.

I saw many old style looking buildings, somewhat like large cottages, but something was odd, I also saw power lines strung across the town, and there were no cars, but I did see a long cobble-stone road, which I wasn't sure what its purpose was. This entire world seem to be technologically uneven, they seemed to have advanced in electricity, and remembering the water basin from the kitchen back in Buraki's house, I assumed they didn't have underground waterways. I also assumed, that because of the wood stove and the lack of cars, they may not have advanced in the use of oil. Well anyways, I followed Buraki through the town, examining the scenery as we walked along. After the bit about technological advances, the next thing I noticed were the citizens of this world. They were all animals as well, but not just cats. There were animals of all kinds, from dogs to giraffes. I was astounded and I looked at all the inhabitants as we walked past them. A few of which looked back at me and gave me weird looks.

"Haha! I suppose your not used to seeing things like them?" Buraki said, sounding only half serious, as he looked back at me and watched me examine all the other citizens.

"Uhm, no, I'm not."

"Well I suggest you keep your eyes to yourself, a few folks are bound to get offended if you keep looking at them like that." I just nodded and looked forward as I walked, somewhat embarrassed.

After not too long we arrived at the city hall. A large white bricked building, which seemed slightly more structured than the rest of the buildings in the town. Buraki led me into the building and walked me up to a small wooden counter. Behind it was, well, all I saw them as was a deer, or a doe to be more specific. She looked up at us and began to speak. "Hello, may I help you?" Her voice sounded small and soft, it felt pleasant as the sound vibrated through my new overly sensitive ears. "Uh yes ma'am, I have a boy here who needs a citizen application" Buraki said to the doe.

"Of course sir." Without much of a response she reached under the counter and pulled out a form along with a pencil. "Here you go, fill it out at your leisure and return it when you are finished."

"Uhm, thank you." I said and shyly grabbed the paper from her. I sat down in a small wooden chair and began filling out the paper, The contents of which aren't worth mentioning. It was just an annoying form that I had become very familiar with by that age, that had asked many annoying questions. I finally finished filling it out, I walked back up to the doe behind the counter and handed it to her. "Here, I'm done."

"Thank you, I'll just be a moment." She gave a very faint smile and walked away behind a big black door. I sat back down and simply looked around the room I was in as I waited. The room was very dull, white brick walls, a couple of small windows with not too much light shining through, which made the room look somewhat unpleasantly dim. I also noticed there was a big grey rug on the floor in-front of the wooden counter, and a potted plant in the corner. Over all the place seemed just dull, it kind of reminded me of the office from my school.

About an hour later the doe came from the door and sat back down at the counter. I walked back up to her and she handed me a sheet of paper.

"Here you go sir, this sheet contains all of your personnel information that you will need, welcome to the region." She said with a pleasant smile on her face.

"Uhm, thank you, miss." I said. She laughed from the awkward way I said this.

"Haha, please, call me Kawai."

"Oh, ok, thank you Kawai."

"Of course, it was a pleasure to meet you, Sachi." She let out a small giggle as she said this. I then thought and looked somewhat befuddled.

"Sachi?" I asked as I looked at her quite confused.

"That's your name, Sachi Kanashimi. It's the name our council decided to assign you to fit the information you provided us with. It should be written at the top of the sheet I gave you." After she said this i immediately looked down at the sheet of paper, and right at the very top it was written.....Sachi Kanashimi....So that is what I will be known by. I kind of liked the name, it had a certain ring to it.

"Oh, well thank you mi- uh, Kawai" I said, a tad embarrassed from how the whole scenario was playing out. Buraki then walked up to me and placed his paw on my shoulder.

"Alright boy, time to get going, you have work to do." He said to me, sounding a little smug, possibly because he was excited by the idea of someone else doing work for him for a change. Well either way I simply nodded my head and began walking with him out the door as I gave a small goodbye wave to Kawai.

Buraki and I walked back to his house, and as soon as we arrived Buraki sent me to work.

"Ok Sachi I have a few things for you to do today, I need you to go out back and cut wood for our fireplace and wood-stove, as well as wash the dishes, sweep the living room, bedrooms, and the kitchen, and finally we need you to go empty and clean the chamber pots." After hearing this I suddenly fell on my butt in a daze, just exhausted from thinking about all that work. My folks at home would give me chores, but i normally never had to do much. I stood back up and simply nodded, knowing that since this is my only place to go, I had no choice. So I got to work, and the first thing I decided to do was clean the dishes, as this was one of my least favorable tasks, I wanted to get it over with first. It was a bit annoying to do with all the fur on my arms, not to mention i had to pour boiled water into the basin myself, since there was apparently no such thing as running water.

After a while I finally finished the dishes and then moved to the other tasks, chopping wood, and sweeping the floors, then finally, I had to clean the chamber pots. I first had to ask Buraki about it as I had no idea where they were or what they were, and I soon realized what they were once he pointed me into their bathroom. I had to clean their leavings! I wasn't happy about it, but I knew i would have to do it if I wanted to stay. So basically I had to dig a hole in the back to empty them, and then wash them out. The stench was horrible and I nearly vomited a couple times. Now that i think back to it, it was really funny, but I certainly didn't think so at the time. Anyways, it had been about six hours by the time I was done doing everything, and I had come back into the kitchen to be welcomed by a meal, prepared by Shira. Of course I had absolutely no idea what i was eating, but I didn't really care too much, I was starving from all the work, and the food tasted pretty good. There were a few vegetables and fruits, of which I had never seen before, and some kind of meat that tasted different from anything I had ever eaten. The food was all a bit indescribable, but either way, it was a good meal, and afterwards I returned to my room.

It was late by this time so I decided it'd be best for me to go to sleep, so I would have energy to explore in the morning. I had no idea what things I would see and what I would find, I was just excited to be able to explore a whole new world. I dozed off to sleep as a few precious thoughts of home floated through my mind.

Hehe, interesting how you mention that their technology seems mismatched :)

So far it's been a great read... can't wait for chapter 4