Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Johnny

Musicians!

I can't take two steps without asking something like this so how many of us are there? Do you play an instrument, write, sing, a staunch audiophile etc? How long have you been doing it? What's your style? What are your strengths/weakness? General information, eh?

Personally: I'm a nearly professional composer. I've been writing music for several years now. Generally, I operate under "New Age" or "Electronica" but I try to transcend genres. I've been playing drums for about seven years in addition to piano, bass and guitar for about two years. Not much of a singer but I will if I have to. I tend to rely on sevenths a lot compositionally, and throw in weird chords out of nowhere sometimes.

Uhh, wow I'm tired. In retrospect I should have done this when I was thinking clearly but it's TOO LATE NOW.

I sing a little :x... also attempting to learn piano.

What I can do, I do by ear tho... I can't read sheet music for anything.

I sing a little :x... also attempting to learn piano.

What I can do' date=' I do by ear tho... I can't read sheet music for anything.

[/quote']

I can read sheet music, and am learning piano (everyone in the house collectively groans when I play "Cruel Angel's Thesis" - whose sheet music I found before I actually watched NGE - because I've practised it so much).

I'd like to be able to sing well. Or draw.

But hey, I can whistle well! :rolleyes:

*Edit, looks at mood indicators, is mildly surprised at the relationship between Being Me, and Happiness*

*Well, of course that's not the real reason, but I still find it weird that most people on this forum are feeling down at the same time*

Learning to play guitar. ^.^ I'll probably record and post sometime in the furture.... not atm though.

had a guitar for 3 years, been trying to learn for the past year. Could probably be a lot father a long than i am had i simply put as much practice into it as i should.

style.... I play rhythm. I'd like to learn to play lead also (but i don't know much about it yet)... And then I'd like to be one of those crazy people that seamlessly merge the two... O.o But I've got a while before I'll be doing that x3

But i play Worship music (for the purposes of worshiping), Country, and... pretty much anything that i can that catches my attention enough (e.g. learned to play, "The future soon," And, "Skullcrusher mountain.")

I've been playing guitar two or so years... and I play piano well enough to get through a chord chart and play for my band. :3 I play a lot of lead in worship as well... and I suppose if you count what I used to play, Trumpet.

Oh yeah.... I I forgot about drums. I can play drums decently. :3

I'm *kinda* learning Piano... kinda. I compose mainly with random piano software, usually 8-16 bit chipsets. FL Studio when I can :3

I've loved music since I was very little. I was in chorus throughout grade school and learned to play the piano at age 5. I haven't played the piano for a while since ours needs to be re-tuned badly.

I got a guitar about a month ago and have been loving that. I've been learning mostly worship music and some popular radio songs.

I really love singing and can carry a tune quite well.

My primary instrument is the piano - took lessons for at least 12 years. In high school I was a percussionist, so I know how to play a variety of percussion instruments (as long as they're separate - can't do the drumset very well). I have a didgeridoo, but haven't figured out how to circular breathe, so I can't go for very long. >.< I enjoy playing the Irish whistle.

My primary instrument is the piano - took lessons for at least 12 years. In high school I was a percussionist' date=' so I know how to play a variety of percussion instruments (as long as they're separate - can't do the drumset very well). I have a didgeridoo, but haven't figured out how to circular breathe, so I can't go for very long. >.< I enjoy playing the Irish whistle.

[/quote']

Oh, man, circular breathing is intense. > < I have terrible lung capacity as it is so it'd be nice to learn that little trick.

What kind of percussion did you play? (I'm a trap set player)

I know how to play (with varying degrees of skill) bass drum, bass drum head, snare, timpani (though tuning is hard), tubular bells, glockenspiel, xylophone, marimba, gong, crash cymbals, suspended cymbal, tambourine, conga, agogo, maracas, finger cymbals, cowbell, castanets, and ocean drum. Basically I played all the instruments my high school band owned (except the anvil... never did get to play on that). I own a bodhran (Irish traditional drum) and a small steel drum, both of which I am learning how to play. My parents once gave me a pair of drumsticks, but the didn't give any drums with them. So that is my percussion knowledge.

Glad to see some fellow musicians.

Well, I play the viola, and have for 8 years. I started out on violin and played that from 4th grade through 9th. Then I transitioned to Viola and have played it ever since. I do read sheet music but also play by ear alot. I can play just about any genre from country to jazz, classical to rock, and worship of course. I do play viola in the church every sunday and wednesday. I also fool around on the piano and drums, but viola is my area of expertise.

I am an arranger/composer and use/prefer the notation software Finale 2009. I have arranged music for choir, orchestra, and in between.

Currently one of my majors at Howard Payne Univ. is in Church Music and Worship (Bach. of Music). I am also the choir director at Rocky Creek Baptist Church.

That's about it in a nutshell. Hit me up sometime if you are ever down in Central Texas and we can hang and discuss all things musical!

~WES

P.S. "MORE COWBELL!!!"

Guest Wolfin

I play the bagpipe. Does that count for anything? :P

Negative two points XD And I'm 1/4 scottish :P