Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Holywolf

Tabletops

When i got into collage at WKU (GO HILLTOPPERS!!!) the first thing i did was join a club called the gaming guild and they quickly introduced me to tabletop rpgs' first was the traditional dungeons and dragons, then came one called Vampires the Requiem, and we just started another campaign in a game called Cortex so am i the only one on this board who has embraced tphe way of the 20 sided dice or are there others out there?

I have played 3.5e and 4e D&D (DM-created settings, WoW setting - roomies play WoW so yeah..., Forgotten Realms setting, and soon will do a Dark Sun setting), Shadowrun, and Over the Edge. I have also DMed for 3.5e and 4e D&D. So yeah, I have done a bit of tabletop gaming.

Heh, I play two tabletop games currently. We use the 'fate system' which is for advanced players and allows wonderful manipulations of the environment. We also have several LARPs in town, its a college town so its not that surprising. I've actually run two LARPs myself and had a lot of fun. I'm now outta LARPing though after running into the 'crazy side' of it, which took me about four years to find. =P (Your mileage, and experiences may vary.)

Relitivly old thread but a valid question. Tabletop gaming is one of my favorite pastimes, in fact it is one of my major reasons for my anthro intrest. I am very fluent in the D20 system, and have an uncanny skill for learning tabletop RPG systems. I was going to start a new thread for this. Good thing there is already one. :) How many others are in with the rest of us traditional gamers?

How does this make us crazy? We jsut like to have a set of physiscs when we roleplay. Otherwise you can't try to do anything interesting without risking misbalencing the game. Physics are a good thing.... Usualy...

Only played strategy miniatures games. Never really LARP'd, haha, but it looks like it could be fun since I like RP. Although I would never be able to take it too seriously with all the amazing LARP videos up on youtube. :P