1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think of the movie?

• Have seen, was OK.
    • Have seen, didn't like.
    • Have seen, LOVE(d) it!
    • Have not seen, sounds OK.
    • Have not seen, sounds great!
    • Other (please comment)

A week or two ago, we went up to Ludington, MI and while there, saw the movie "How to Train your Dragon". It was really good, and we saw it it 3-D. Basically, a boy named Hiccup (who is a Viking, and yes, his name is Hiccup. Heh.

Anyways, the Vikings have to fight to defend their village from the dragons, who attack and steal livestock, etc. Well, Hiccup has tried many times to get a dragon (but always ends up w/ trouble instead, like destroying some part of the village :P)

night-fury-02.png

Well, Hiccup gets out one of his 'inventions' (which usually, as you can probably figure out by now, fail): It is a cannon that shoots nets. He gets lucky and hits a Night Fury- a dragon no one has actually seen yet. Until Hiccup does, that is. The dragon slowly becomes friends with him, and Hiccup names it "Toothless". Well, he decided that right before Toothless slid out it's retractable... teeth... Hmm. :P

Hiccup tries to fly w/ Toothless, but, as it turns out, its back wing is broken.

Well, that's all I'm going to say for now, 'cause I don't really want to give the movie away.

I suggest you see this on a home projector, w/ 7 channel speakers. However, it doesn't really matter. It's still a great movie.

-Eagle I

I saw it, and was pleasantly surprised. I knew it Dreamworks, and not Pixar, so I didn't have high hopes at the outset, but I heard that it was good, so I jumped at the chance to take my little brother (who wanted to see it). Definitely was a lot of fun. The story and character development was a little shallow, but that's to be expected in a movie intended for a younger audience. It had its funny moments too. It definitely is a fantasy movie, through and through, though, with how they set the setting and characters. :P

I would definitely recommend it.

Guest nygiant326

Saw this with my son in 3-D My son is 6 and I think I enjoyed it as much as he did. Cute flick.

well i did watch it for more reasons myself

how to train your dragon, i am a trainer myself (not dragons :( ), and i like dragons (or dino's), and always pixar/dreamworks keep suprising me.

so it was realy fun to see, though the training i was like O_o.

but they did well to me and it is a nice story about preconseptions (do i get the good word on it?)

to me the character are not so well worked out.