Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
NarnianKnight

Nintendo Direct 11.12.15.2pm.PT (Pokemon Yellow rereleased)

I already got Red Blue and Yellow for Gameboy... so Legend of Zelda twilight princess, Pokémon super mystery dungeon. Oh and Xenoblade chronicles looks cool. 

Oh man...

Well, Twilight Princess HD looks kinda... Less than I expected... But I'm glad it wasn't a hoax! Can't wait to play the original unflipped version without waggle controls. I tried replaying it on wii but it looks horrible though my Wii U. Wolf link amiibo is pretty sweet.

As for the rest, Splatoon updates look awesome (especially the spinny map).

Mario Maker stuff was pretty cool.

The "new" Star Fox 0 trailer was pretty redundant. The game still looks amazing though.

Its about time we got the old Pokemon games on VC!

And the new smash character BLEW MY MIND.

Personally I don't care about much of the rest except Terraria, Kerbal Space Program, and maybe Pokken and the Dragon Quest games.

Speaking of Dragon Quest, has anyone else beat the first one on NES? That game was brutal... *thousand yard stare*

Would have been cool if Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow could also transfer your Pokemon to the Generation 6 games. At least they have link cable emulation though. Personally I prefer the second generation but it's cool to see them finally release them on the 3DS.

I would have liked to hear more about how Pokemon Go actually plays since the beta is apparently supposed to come out next month.

Would have been cool if Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow could also transfer your Pokemon to the Generation 6 games.

Good idea but impossible. For the same reason you couldn't transfer from gen 1 and 2 to gen 3. In gen 3 Pokemon stats got a massive overhaul, so the previous games can't really be transferred by official means. I recall seeing some convoluted process where you could do it using one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Memory-Card/dp/B00002R108

...and then putting that data onto your pc or something.

Good idea but impossible. For the same reason you couldn't transfer from gen 1 and 2 to gen 3. In gen 3 Pokemon stats got a massive overhaul, so the previous games can't really be transferred by official means. I recall seeing some convoluted process where you could do it using one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Mega-Memory-Card/dp/B00002R108

...and then putting that data onto your pc or something.

It's not impossible. They could come up with a system for it if they wanted to. All they need to do is find a way to export Pokemon similar to like Pokemon Stadium then generate a Pokemon based on the stats from the imported Pokemon. They're all just stats and files. It's not like they would have to make an exact copy of your gen one Pokemon. I am aware of Pokemon getting overhauled after Gen 3. I've played every generation so far and have researched it quite a bit. I'm just saying it would have been cool if they implemented that to give people who already own the original games a bit more of a reason to play the virtual console version.

It's not like they haven't modified other virtual console games in the past to add functionality. Pokemon Snap they modified the game so that you could export pictures to your Wii just like how you use to be able to print out your pictures at Blockbuster in the past. They even are making this able to have a virtual link cable. I don't think it would be impossible for them to come up with a way to transfer to gen 6.

It's not impossible. They could come up with a system for it if they wanted to. All they need to do is find a way to export Pokemon similar to like Pokemon Stadium then generate a Pokemon based on the stats from the imported Pokemon. They're all just stats and files. It's not like they would have to make an exact copy of your gen one Pokemon. I am aware of Pokemon getting overhauled after Gen 3. I've played every generation so far and have researched it quite a bit. I'm just saying it would have been cool if they implemented that to give people who already own the original games a bit more of a reason to play the virtual console version.

It's not like they haven't modified other virtual console games in the past to add functionality. Pokemon Snap they modified the game so that you could export pictures to your Wii just like how you use to be able to print out your pictures at Blockbuster in the past. They even are making this able to have a virtual link cable. I don't think it would be impossible for them to come up with a way to transfer to gen 6.

I suppose so. That was just a guess on my part, being someone whose Pokemon playthroughs are usually just "kill stuff, get money, get badge" rinse and repeat. Never cared for stat training, etc.

Edited by Tommy Walker

I already got Red Blue and Yellow for Gameboy... so Legend of Zelda twilight princess, Pokémon super mystery dungeon. Oh and Xenoblade chronicles looks cool.

Speaking of Xenoblade Chronicles X, how bout dem censorship reactions?

I suppose so. That was just a guess on my part, being someone whose Pokemon playthroughs are usually just "kill stuff, get money, get badge" riiles on the game with stats anse and repeat. Never cared for stat training, etc.

I never mentioned anything specific to stat training. I'm not into it either. Plus, generation 6 made stat training way simpler with super training so EV training doesn't even matter anymore.

When you get down to it all individual Pokemon are just collections of data. If I had to guess why you couldn't trade Pokemon to gen 3 from gen 1 and 2 it would have been because the game boy advance either had a different protocol for it's link cable or that the link cable was wired differently. This is most likely why there was never any gba cross platform multiplayer with. You also couldn't use a GBA link cable with a Gameboy color or pocket to play original game boy games, you needed to either use a non gba link cable or a link cable for the game boy advance that has a switch for switching between modes. It probably has to do with how the GBA could support 4 player multiplayer and the original game boys could only do 2 player games.

I never mentioned anything specific to stat training.

Oh, I know. I was just saying that I'm not serious when it comes to Pokemon :P

Censorship reactions???

Lin, who is 13 in the Japanese version, had her age bumped up to 15 and one or more of her incredibly revealing outfits given some more coverage. Then more recently it was found that a slider used in character customization to adjust the female characters' busts was removed.

Enter people whining about how they're canceling preorders and how Nintendo is ruining the game with their censorship etc etc.... I don't know if they're trolling or what but I swear, some people. >_>

Personally I couldn't care less since it isn't significantly changing the game. Then again I've got higher priority games on my 'to buy/play' list than XCX so... *shrug*

Edited by Tommy Walker

Would have been cool if Pokemon Blue, Red and Yellow could also transfer your Pokemon to the Generation 6 games. At least they have link cable emulation though. Personally I prefer the second generation but it's cool to see them finally release them on the 3DS.

I would have liked to hear more about how Pokemon Go actually plays since the beta is apparently supposed to come out next month.

I'm pretty sure there are murmurs circulating about Gold/Silver/Crystal re-releases to be compatable with Pokemon Stadium 2 on Virtual Console

Edited by NarnianKnight

I think it's an okay game as is, If any Pokemon should be transfered it should be from R/B/Y to G/S/C and then eggs can be transferred to Pokemon Bank and will automatically hatch with hidden abilities... but even I admit I wouldn't, even as a player... want to use such a confounding system, I prefer the original 12bit trilogies to remain unpoluted, after all we still have FireRed/Leafgreen and Heartgold/Soulsilver Re-releases to look forward to

Oh, I know. I was just saying that I'm not serious when it comes to Pokemon :P

Lin, who is 13 in the Japanese version, had her age bumped up to 15 and one or more of her incredibly revealing outfits given some more coverage. Then more recently it was found that a slider used in character customization to adjust the female characters' busts was removed.

Enter people whining about how they're canceling preorders and how Nintendo is ruining the game with their censorship etc etc.... I don't know if they're trolling or what but I swear, some people. >_>

Personally I couldn't care less since it isn't significantly changing the game. Then again I've got higher priority games on my 'to buy/play' list than XCX so... *shrug*

Oh My... hehh, I kinda, am okay with some of that... but that makes me think there was a reason Xenoblade Chronicles was never intended for western audiences. I wonder how EU will react to R/B/Y Game Corner? Hopefully they just place Rocket Grunts, Scientists and Broken slots all over the place, and you have to buy all your coins

Edited by NarnianKnight

I'm pretty sure there are murmurs circulating about Gold/Silver/Crystal re-releases to be compatable with Pokemon Stadium 2 on Virtual Console

I doubt that will be for a while. They'll most likely do the first Pokemon Stadium first and who knows when that would be.

I think it's an okay game as is, If any Pokemon should be transfered it should be from R/B/Y to G/S/C and then eggs can be transferred to Pokemon Bank and will automatically hatch with hidden abilities... but even I admit I wouldn't, even as a player... want to use such a confounding system, I prefer the original 12bit trilogies to remain unpoluted, after all we still have FireRed/Leafgreen and Heartgold/Soulsilver Re-releases to look forward to

Unpoluted? how would this be polluting them? They're already being emulated so being a purist at this point is nonsense. They would only be traded up generations not back down. They're not likely to re-release FireRed/LeafGreen any time soon and certainly not on the 3DS. It would be a WiiU virtual console title at best so it would lack multiplayer. So would HeartGold/SoulSilver. I personally don't care about any of these re releases that much because I already own all these games. I noticed that these ports are pretty basic to begin with. They're all in black and white and they wont have the Super Gameboy borders the originals had.

And 12 bit? why do you think they're 12 bit?

I doubt that will be for a while. They'll most likely do the first Pokemon Stadium first and who knows when that would be.

Unpoluted? how would this be polluting them? They're already being emulated so being a purist at this point is nonsense. They would only be traded up generations not back down. They're not likely to re-release FireRed/LeafGreen any time soon and certainly not on the 3DS. It would be a WiiU virtual console title at best so it would lack multiplayer. So would HeartGold/SoulSilver. I personally don't care about any of these re releases that much because I already own all these games. I noticed that these ports are pretty basic to begin with. They're all in black and white and they wont have the Super Gameboy borders the originals had.

And 12 bit? why do you think they're 12 bit?

Gameboy was 6bit, sorry anyways... FireRed and Leafgreen would more likely be released on the 3DS, since the games are worthless without multiplayer, it does have Gameboy Advance Virtual Console you know, Heartgold and Soulsilver would likely be DS virtual console, they don't have to lack multiplayer entirely, considering the next portable system may include DS virtual console, or they may eventually add it on 3DS, and Heartgold and Soulsilver had WiFi, so they may allow that, but more than likely, they'll want compatibility with Pokemon Bank, so they'll aim for portable release unless they decide to do 3D remakes of HG/SS

Edited by NarnianKnight

Gameboy was 6bit, sorry anyways... FireRed and Leafgreen would more likely be released on the 3DS, since the games are worthless without multiplayer, it does have Gameboy Advance Virtual Console you know, Heartgold and Soulsilver would likely be DS virtual console, they don't have to lack multiplayer entirely, considering the next portable system may include DS virtual console, or they may eventually add it on 3DS, and Heartgold and Soulsilver had WiFi, so they may allow that, but more than likely, they'll want compatibility with Pokemon Bank, so they'll aim for portable release unless they decide to do 3D remakes of HG/SS

The CPU in the original gameboy is 8bit. And I know the 3DS can do Gameboy Advance games but the issues is that Nintendo hasn't released any of Gameboy Advance games to the general public and haven't added more of them since 2011 when the system came out. Also I have researched and it turns out the 3DS doesn't actually emulate Gameboy Advance games. Apparently it underclocks itself and runs them natively so adding multiplayer to it on the 3DS would be a major issue. I don't think HG/SS will be released on the 3DS. I don't think I would want it on the 3DS considering how poor quality the 3DS is at upscaling DS games and washes out the colors.

Nintendo could fix that in a future update to the 3DS, or New 3DS if that's not possible, Nintendo hasn't really released any new virtual console games for 3DS for quite some time actually, except for a few that were released on both systems at once, so I'm not surprised by the lack of GBA multiplayer titles.  Anyways, Red Blue and Yellow also received significant modifications.  but we'll likely not see these titles until the next portable system.  anyways, Nintendo is upscaling these Gameboy games ever so slightly for the wireless features, and the Virtual Console is not limited to playing each individual game on the same clock, besides, most virtual console games in general aren't emulated, they have usually been "ports" with significant edits in minor bits of code to make it compatible.

Edited by NarnianKnight

Nintendo could fix that in a future update to the 3DS, or New 3DS if that's not possible, Nintendo hasn't really released any new virtual console games for 3DS for quite some time actually, except for a few that were released on both systems at once, so I'm not surprised by the lack of GBA multiplayer titles.  Anyways, Red Blue and Yellow also received significant modifications.  but we'll likely not see these titles until the next portable system.  anyways, Nintendo is upscaling these Gameboy games ever so slightly for the wireless features, and the Virtual Console is not limited to playing each individual game on the same clock, besides, most virtual console games in general aren't emulated, they have usually been "ports" with significant edits in minor bits of code to make it compatible.

No they're all emulated besides GBA games on the 3DS. That's why you can extract roms for them. Especially with Gameboy Games. They use to have an exploit that let you swap the rom used using the web browser.

There's nothing for them to fix. The way GBA games work is the same as how DS games work on the 3DS. From what I know about it you can't access the home menu while playing GBA games on the 3DS just like when playing DS games. I suggest actually researching this stuff before making claims.

No they're all emulated besides GBA games on the 3DS. That's why you can extract roms for them. Especially with Gameboy Games. They use to have an exploit that let you swap the rom used using the web browser.

There's nothing for them to fix. The way GBA games work is the same as how DS games work on the 3DS. From what I know about it you can't access the home menu while playing GBA games on the 3DS just like when playing DS games. I suggest actually researching this stuff before making claims.

I specifically meant Wii Virtual console, but whatever... anyways, it runs almost the same as a GBA game on the DS system, they have reasons for this, part of it has to do with the fact that most of the GBA games that were released on the 3DS VC were originally meant to be run on 3D, and do run in 3D if you had the Nintendo Ambassador's program, still, yet another reason is to prevent the game from saving improperly, as with the N64 VC on the Wii, (which, some games still glich improperly when you press home while saving) anyways, I should do more research, but there's still games like Four Swords that use wireless and are Gameboy Advanced games, and they technically aren't emulated either.  Nintendo can change the rules for their Virtual console at any time they decide they have the resources to do so.

They technically changed the rules for Pokemon Yellow, Red, and Blue, and I'm sure they won't be including restore points for these games.

Edited by NarnianKnight

I specifically meant Wii Virtual console, but whatever... anyways, it runs almost the same as a GBA game on the DS system, they have reasons for this, part of it has to do with the fact that most of the GBA games that were released on the 3DS VC were originally meant to be run on 3D, and do run in 3D if you had the Nintendo Ambassador's program, still, yet another reason is to prevent the game from saving improperly, as with the N64 VC on the Wii, (which, some games still glich improperly when you press home while saving) anyways, I should do more research, but there's still games like Four Swords that use wireless and are Gameboy Advanced games, and they technically aren't emulated either.  Nintendo can change the rules for their Virtual console at any time they decide they have the resources to do so.

They technically changed the rules for Pokemon Yellow, Red, and Blue, and I'm sure they won't be including restore points for these games.

Virtual console works the same on the 3DS, Wii and WiiU. It doesn't matter what system. None of the 3DS GBA games from the Ambassador program run in 3D. I don't understand where you're getting these facts from. The only games that run in 3D on the 3DS are 3DS specific games. nothing virtual console will run in 3D.

Four Swords Anniversary Edition on the DSi was an enhanced port of the original game for the DSi and not the 3DS. The 3DS is able to play it because it is a DSiWare game. They also added new levels and wireless multiplayer. It is the only game like this and is not a virtual console game. Especially since the DSi did not have virtual console. Literally the reason that GBA games aren't emulated is because they run on the firmware's DS mode instead of coding a new emulator for them. This is why the games do not pause or support sleep mode while the 3DS is shut.

Pokemon will most definitely have save points as it will run in the standard Virtual Console Gameboy emulator. If it were a port they would not be labeled as Virtual Console. The name Virtual Console refers to the fact that the games are emulated. They're not changing anything about the games. The only thing they've done is enable their emulator to emulated a link cable through the 3DS wireless signal. They haven't touched the rom files in any way just like the rest of the virtual console games.

Trust me I know these things very thoroughly.

I suggest you read these

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_Ambassador_Program

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console

Virtual console works the same on the 3DS, Wii and WiiU. It doesn't matter what system. None of the 3DS GBA games from the Ambassador program run in 3D. I don't understand where you're getting these facts from. The only games that run in 3D on the 3DS are 3DS specific games. nothing virtual console will run in 3D.

Four Swords Anniversary Edition on the DSi was an enhanced port of the original game for the DSi and not the 3DS. The 3DS is able to play it because it is a DSiWare game. They also added new levels and wireless multiplayer. It is the only game like this and is not a virtual console game. Especially since the DSi did not have virtual console. Literally the reason that GBA games aren't emulated is because they run on the firmware's DS mode instead of coding a new emulator for them. This is why the games do not pause or support sleep mode while the 3DS is shut.

Pokemon will most definitely have save points as it will run in the standard Virtual Console Gameboy emulator. If it were a port they would not be labeled as Virtual Console. The name Virtual Console refers to the fact that the games are emulated. They're not changing anything about the games. The only thing they've done is enable their emulator to emulated a link cable through the 3DS wireless signal. They haven't touched the rom files in any way just like the rest of the virtual console games.

Trust me I know these things very thoroughly.

I suggest you read these

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS_Ambassador_Program

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console

Four Swords Adventures is not downloadable on DSi anymore, and they're likely replacing the restore points with link cable features on the "restore point" menu, they also do not have restore points on N64 or Wii Virtual console, so I don't see why you'd be surprized that they'd remove the feature from Red/Blue/Yellow to prevent cheating by duplicating their Pokemon

Edited by NarnianKnight

Four Swords Adventures is not downloadable on DSi anymore, and they're likely replacing the restore points with link cable features on the home menu, they also do not have restore points on N64 or Wii Virtual console, so I don't see why you'd be surprized that they'd remove the feature from Red/Blue/Yellow to prevent cheating by duplicating their Pokemon

Four Swords! I still have that game downloaded on my 3ds. Totally forgot it lol.