Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
NoftisHawk

The ipad. Awesome or Pointless? Or Both?

Whats your opinion on the ipad?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Whats your opinion on the ipad?

• Pointless
    • AWESOME!
    • Useless. I have an ipod touch.
    • Uhh, i dont want to take a stance...

I vote: "It's pretty cool but not for me and has a few kinks that it still needs to work out, plus needs to find a market segment, since it's more like the confused mutated child of the iPhone and a laptop".

I probably would enjoy playing with one. I don't particularly want one though. (I do, however, think that the HP Slate looks promising. Hopefully HP doesn't screw that one up, and I am 50/50 on whether or not they will, since their software division is horrible.)

But ya, if you want one, it's not a waste. If you need one, it's not a waste. I actually recommended one to my psychiatrist who was enamored with how convenient the Hippocrates application on the iPhone was (a student was with us and he was able to use it to get lots of information quickly.) She wanted something similar on the computer, so I recommended the iPad, since it's basically computer-sized, but the app would be available.\

So what's the different between an iphone and an ipad? Other than the hardware capabilities.

You will have to specify which hardware capabilities. :P There are few.

What they did was they took an iPhone and made it bigger. They opened it up and saw as much. They added the keyboard dock to it and a few new apps for the iPad size but it's not really much more than an iPhone.

It has potential but the cost and lack of business applications puts in the pointless category of paying the cool gadget tax.

I'm not saying anything lol...

I have an 8gig Ipod, (though thinking of maybe getting a iRiver (as it seems you can easily upgrade the memory, whereas with an Ipod I'm not sure if you can) and I also ahve a desktop with Win7 so I guess I'm on the fence about this...

With the iPod you can't upgrade anything, even the battery, without sending it in to the factory, at which point you might as well just buy a new one. It's partly why people go with other brands other than the iPod.