Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community

Art posted in chronological order of events, not order drawn or sorted by medium.

nOxv7rt.jpg

My character's mom, Mousezilla. She is the protector of Mouseburg (and yes, this makes me a Mouseburger).

kkHGMSv.jpg

Mousezilla with her mate Sir Gary Flamestache and a litter of their pinkies. As he is a Fairy type and she is a Dragon type, they need to purchase a fairly expensive potion any time they want to conceive. It should be clear visually which of their children grows up to become an Adventurer Player Character.

zqy5GmB.png

Sir Nathan encounters a wolfcat named Princess Katie. After he gets over the initial fear, he starts approaching and talking to her. They rapidly fall in love. I drew this picture of myself and Katie when I was in the hospital being treated for my appendicitis. It is the first picture I drew of us.

CAPuTO3.png

Sir Nathan sets up residence in the walls of the castle belonging to Princess Katie's parents. They play together in her bedroom or the kitchen from time to time, but his nature as a dormouse requires much sleep so play is sporadic.

NDPIm39.png

On some days the princess finds herself mysteriously shrunken to the mouse's size. He protects her using his talent for physical violence.

The Spirit of the Moon blesses the couple (represented by crescent marks on the fur of their foreheads, or in some older drawings a white drop on his). This in spite of protestations from some of the other forest animals that a cat and a mouse are not suitable mates. Katie is elevated to a status of Volcano Spirit and must spend four years asleep in the lava to keep it from erupting and destroying the surrounding area. Sir Nathan takes up adventuring to pass those years.

Edited by Nathan of the Little Paws

JLcVy2q.jpg

When the proper tools for a given task are unavailable, he is forced to improvise. In this case, using his dagger to pick the lock on a chest. This is the first of these adventure-themed pictures I drew, not counting the one two posts previous.

e67IuDy.jpg

Along with a decent haul of coins, gemstones, and a healing potion he found a ring in this treasure hoard. His fey senses told him that it was enchanted, so he decided to store it for later. He was too small to equip it himself.

xTninJ8.jpg

After a hard day's adventuring, Sir Nathan sometimes celebrates with a large frosy mug of cider.

7CLRjjt.jpg

When one town is exhausted of quests for him or he has been using it as a base for too close to a month, he packs up and travels the road looking for a new place to adventure. He is technically faster and has more endurance than his mount Mr. Fluffums the trained ferret, but it's worthwhile to have an extra set of jaws and claws on his side.

iUFzpFv.png

When ever Nathan sleeps, he dreams of her and he appears in the dreams wrought by her four-year slumber. These are the same dreams; their souls are joined such that they receive visions of each other while their bodies rest. Based on how the real Katie and I would have shared dreams often during our first year together (they seem to have diminished considerably if not stopped entirely in our second year together, coinciding with us talking and RPing less often. I hope to God that they come back for our third year because they were the best part of going to sleep).

ucVCBhc.png

Sir Nathan seeks out a benediction from a priest of the Crystal Dragon before heading into battle against the forces of evil. This priest happens to be a Leprechaun.

XQi0H6M.jpg

Sir Nathan using a hatchet to defend a Dwarven settlement from an evil tree.

tu01QWa.png

Sir Nathan using his fairy magic to heal his comrade in arms Sir Geoffrey after a battle. I attempted (and failed) perspective in this one.

zymllip.png

On the road again, doing battle with an ordinary goblin. Oddly solitary though, this fellow; their warbands are usually in the dozens or scores.

keb320A.jpg

His magic boomerang is named "Fetch" and was crafted for him by a gnome. It works the way boomerangs are "supposed to" according to game logic and, to a lesser extent, cartoon logic.

ol4tdi3.png

Some nefarious wizard has trapped this golden idol (which can be sold for multiple hundreds of copper pieces!). Luckily Sir Nathan's high Perception score allowed him to see the trap for what it was and gave him time to think through ways to get the treasure without getting snapped.

e67IuDy.jpg

Years of traveling alone or with temporary allies finally over, Sir Nathan returns to his mate's lair in the volcano. He gives her the magical ring while proposing marriage (which they had discussed many times before).

MRXxYUC.jpg

mQBR5D9.jpg

Far fewer of her relatives show up to the wedding than his. Many of them still object to a mouse and a cat as mates. I actually drew the picture of their honeymoon suite first and the wedding ceremony drawing was in response to a comment I got about it.

XGa4zP7.jpg

It seems for a while that he is done adventuring and the two are content to spend their days in her volcanic den. This does not last long.

9ZJXOK1.jpg

Princess Katie is primarily a mage with magic associated with heat: she can use fire and ice just as readily. When forced into direct combat she acts as a two-dagger swashbuckler, favoring dodging over armor. Sir Nathan is mostly a man-at-arms with preference of throwing weapons over swordplay, heavy armor, and shields; he knows only a little magic and almost nothing useful outside an adventuring context.

rVBjHwC.jpg

Again, Sir Nathan's spells mostly revolve around healing.

s4bfwPt.jpg

Strange how it happens that her daggers and his claymore have blades of equal length and width, to the point that their sheaths/scabbards are interchangeable.

Xx9fjRa.png

My most recent picture. Some sort of potion or spell effect has awakened a draconic bit of his ancestry and given him this massive form here, allowing him to snatch her away from the castle of her father. Not entirely sure if this fits with the adventure drawing continuity, actually, but this is full of retcons over our fursona designs already anyway so whatever.

D3CLLoJ.png

Picture I drew to celebrate my second anniversary with Katie. I measure from the time I added her to my Skype contacts rather than when our relationship "really" started, because it came upon us so gradually and naturally that the date would be hard to pinpoint in retrospect. Intentional throwback to some of our earlier designs rather than what we use currently. The drawing is likewise a callback to the preceding "proposal" picture.

I've heard from her once in the past month and a half, and said message was very short. I miss her dearly.

Awesome! But how did you two manage to survive in lava? XD

The text under one of the pictures explains it - partway through our relationship she becomes the magical spirit of a volcano and has to spend her time in it to keep it from erupting. Her nature as the volcano's spirit extends to protecting me from harm when I'm in there.

And as a mage her specialties are listed as heat/temperature control and teleportation. She can cast spells that keep things cool even in the presence of lava.

Interesting story. I enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures.

Thank you! I had a lot of fun drawing these and hope to make more. Maybe even a comic with some form of continuity.

I have more art of us related to things other than fantasy adventure, but I'm not sure how much of it would be permissible to display here. Modern tech level stuff too, warranting a separate topical thread.

Well I would say that if you added some more (both after and some to link the story better) I would say that it would make a pretty good story or continual comic.