Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community

hey how do you change your profile pic? for some reason every time i do it just says "too big" or "too much data" or somthing like that. i mean thre not that big of pictures so how do i fix this?

I took a picture I liked and opened it a program like paint, saved it under a different jpg. And it will shrink the size so you can attach your profile pic.

tried it... did not work............ any more ideas?

the next option is to take a photo from something like photobucket and in the profile edit profile picture "import url" past the "direct" link from the photo bucket picture. when done this way it is sizeless.

...great... I don't know what to say now other than try to get your photo to be 500-500 and 50kb or under

I've noticed that MSPaint (if that is what is being used) tends to not "write" jpegs/jpgs very well, personally, which is why I just use it to "hold" and do some basic editing on an image, then I copy whats in paint, open up photoshop (in my case) start a new image, and paste it into there, merge the layers, and then save the image, since photoshop seems to write the things properly.  Something like Firealpaca may be able to do the same or some other freeware graphics editors (looking around techsupportalert.com might show some useful programs, but sadly since the redesign and the new focus on "apps" and mobile stuff the place is a bit more user unfriendly and harder to navigate.)