Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wolveon

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

AMFP is releasing September 10th. Anyone excited besides me? :D 

I'm even more excited for September because Outlast comes out the day before my birthday (September 5th, Outlast is coming out September 4th)! :>

Meh to Amnesia! GTA 5 is the big thing this year.

All honesy I think Amnesia is a WAY WAY WAAAAAYYY better game than GTA will ever be. I have many reason as to why that game is awefull, But It'll saty on topic here....

Ans Yes I am excited for Amnesia:Machine for pigs. I might even live stream it in the dark :o I should invite some friends over while I do it. It will make for good night of scares hehe

I'm looking forward to Total War: Rome II.

But, as I haven't heard of this Amnesia game before, why don't one of you excited people explain it to me!  (Sure, I could do the research, but I do enjoy hearing people talk about things they are looking forward to)

Come now, that's cheating.  And a wiki would be a rubbish way of learning about the Amnesia games.

The Amnesia series never quite hooked me in to playing them, so I can only enjoy them from the stories other people tell. So do tell.

Amnesia is actually just one game, though an indirect sequel is coming out on the 10th. ;)

But anyways, you play as a guy named Daniel who (assuming I remember everything correctly) witnessed or heard something so awful he took some sort of medicine to make himself forget, hence the title. It's basically another I-don't-know-who-I-am type of games. 

As for the gameplay itself, you have no ways of defending yourself at all. The best thing you can do is sneak, run, and hide. If you get caught, you're pretty much screwed. 

Daniel also has an apparent fear of the dark, so if you stand in it for too long your sanity meter slow drains until you go insane and fall over, alerting your presence to all the monsters everywhere. You need to try and use your lantern (which runs out of oil fairly fast, so you must find refills of oil as well) and tinderboxes to light your path. But remember, light makes it easier for you to be spotted. ;)

Honestly I think it's overrated, but the ability to play custom stories created by others makes up for that.