Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rythe

This I Confess

Couple days ago, I was standing behind an older Asian lady in Target's checkout line and simply watched as she bought clothes on the cheap with wads of ones. I knew I should have bought the shirt she couldn't for her, I knew that feeling was you, but I hemmed, hawed, and hesitated in my mind.

I let myself waffle against the vague sense I had of my finances after losing internet made it harder for me to keep up on them, against my nervousness over having to pay for a replacement vehicle, and against my shyness. I mean, if it had really mattered, I could have forgone the anxiety binge purchase I was making then.

I let the moment pass over less than silly excuses, sad nothings really, and now I don't know what plans of yours I screwed up because I botched that crossroad in time.

I should have trusted you, I should have had faith. Thinking about it, I could even have been clever by returning her thanks with 'God blesses you' and left it at that.

But no, I froze on the inside instead.

This I confess.

Edited by Rythe

We all have our moments....

Mine came two weeks ago, as I was late for church.  I snuck in the back and spotted an empty seat.  Thinking nothing of it, I ended up sitting next to an elderly woman who probably had the worst knees and hips and back in the church.  I don't know how much unnessary pain I caused her, but I still feel a little guilty because of it:  and at a catholic service too.  Stand, sit, stand sit, stand, sit, stand shake hands, sit, kneel..

Sign in to follow this