Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
koshi

Can't access this site

For some reason my laptop won't connect to this website anymore. I can still use my iPod to get to it, and my computer connects to other sites just fine.

It always tells me the connection timed out for here though.

Because I don't have the DNS entries in place for www.christianfurs.net, because www. is pointless and should never be used for anything ever. :P

Because I don't have the DNS entries in place for www.christianfurs.net' date=' because www. is pointless and should never be used for anything ever. :P

[/quote']

I think my browser is just automatically putting in the 'www' whenever I hit enter :dodgy:

/me has a few cases where the www. ends up being preferred and necessary as the default for technical reasons.

Namely, @ can't resolve CNAMES. Which sucks.

The server treats www. and non-www. as separate websites by default... it's just how it works. Our server runs management software that I /think/ handles it properly. I'll add the entries in the DNS to fix it though ;)

I have seen that before, where a URL won't have www in it and you type it anyway. I used to type it automatically without thinking about it and there were a few pages that wouldn't come up. I've since dropped the habit.