Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
CrossedSachi

My old story

Ok, so here I go, just adding yet another piece to the community. This is a story I started working on well over a year ago, and only wrote up to chapter 4. It was soon after that point that I had temporarily left the furry fandom so I had given up on the story. I did save what I had so far though, so I thought I would start by posting the first chapter up. If you all enjoy it, then I will post more. If I get to chapter 4 posted up, then I may think of starting the story back up. Though it's been a long time since I last worked on it, so it would take me some time. So alright then, here you go. (Also note I was never sure of the title of my story)

The Lives of Hapiness Chapter. 1

May 7th, 2010....

Heh, it seems like such a long time ago, but it feels like it's been centuries since then. Back then, when I was a completely different person. I was no different than any other back then, and I always thought that nothing special would ever happen in my life. Life, began and ended, but one time, and that was all I knew. It wasn't until a while after, that I learned differently.

I am here now, to tell you the story of my life, and to document the events that made it so special. So let's begin shall we? First of all, you should know who I was as a child. I was a bit of an awkward kid, fourteen years old and not a friend to speak of. Though I was to conceited to care, see I was more of a lone wolf and usually thwarted anyone's attempts at trying to get to know me. It's quite funny now that I think about, but you can't really change what's already happened. Well, anyways, so other than that I was just a normal child. I went to school and did various teenage things, I never really thought that I'd amount to anything. My parents weren't really that supportive either, I mean, they were good parents that did their best, and taught me right from wrong, and all the other things parents are supposed to, but they just never really thought that I would have much of a future. My mother was actually the one that wished more for me, while my father didn't really care much for how I lived my life. So I lived it the way I wanted, and eventually, I just ended up cutting myself off from other people.

I just thought I was too cool for others, and quite the jerk. If what happened on that day hadn't happened, I don't know where I'd be now. So again, May 7th, 2010, that was the day it happened, a nice and sunny Nebraskan day. I woke up that morning, got dressed, and decided to skip my shower that day, I didn't care to much for personal hygiene. It was a Friday, and I only cared about getting school over with so I could start my weekend, I specifically remember my breakfast that morning. My mother made the best pancakes I'd ever taste, just thinking about them makes my mouth water. They almost made the rest of the day seem unimportant, or just a little bit more bearable. Anyways, after breakfast I ran out the door and headed towards school. Thankfully we only lived a small ways from the school so I usually just walked there.So when I finally arrived, I just did what I normally did, slacked off. Everything else was the same to, I got taunted and teased by the school's jocks and preps, while barely managing to stay awake in any my classes. School wasn't that important though, it was afterwards that was. We had this huge forest near the edge of town and every weekend I would go out there and explore for hours. I loved the feel of adventuring through new places, and seeing new things out in nature,, even though no one else could tell you that I did. I usually didn't find anything to out of the ordinary while I was out there, but this day was special.

The first thing I did after school, was run home, inform my parents I was going out, and I grabbed my makeshift survival bag that I put together several weeks ago, in-case I ran into any trouble in the woods. It was about five when I finally reached the forest, and thanks to the long row of guidelines I had set up to help me explore the forest more quickly, I was able to travel much further than I usually did. Nearly half an hour into the forest, I had traveled probably three times further in than I had before. I wasn't done yet, anxious to see where the forest ended, I kept trudging on through the forest, letting the time fly past me as I took in the sounds and smells of the area. Quite calming and serene, very different from other things I had experienced. Finally I began to notice it was getting darker out, and I looked down at my watch. It was nine-o-clock! I couldn't believe time had gone by so fast, and at first I thought I should head home and return tomorrow. Though, I was getting this strange feeling inside me, like something was telling me to continue on. After a few moments of thought, I figured that I might as well keep going since I had already gone so far.

So I did, I turned back to the direction I had been going and continued. After awhile it had gotten quite dark, but luckily I had made plans for traveling in the dark a while back, and I had made sure to put myself together some things for a torch. Out of my bag, I pulled some thick fabric that I had, "found", in the art room at school, and some lighter fluid, along with a lighter my dad let me borrow. I picked up the nearest, strong looking branch I could find, wrapped the fabric around it, poured some lighter fluid on it, and lit it up. Now the space around me was quite sufficiently illuminated, and this made it a lot easier for me to see.

I continued on for quite a while, but as far as I went, the forest never seemed to end. It went on and on, and a couple times I thought I was going in circles. I wouldn't give up though, I had gone to far for that. A large portion of time had passed, and I was starting to get tired. I let a large yawn roll pass my lips, and I could feel my eyes water as I squinted them. I then decided that I'd rest for just a moment, so I sat down, propped my torch up, and closed my eyes. Though it wasn't long before I heard a strange sound coming from the forest. I quickly opened my eyes, stood up, and began to scan around the surrounding area, and just as my gaze went past a tree a few yards away, I saw a shadow quickly disappear behind it, followed by the sound of something running through the leaves.

I thought that it might have been a person at first, because the shadow was quite tall. Then I saw it again, it bolted between two trees. "No" it couldn't be a person, the way it moved was more hunched and a bit awkward, and why would someone other than me be out here anyways. Either way, I wasn't sure what this thing was, and I really didn't want to know. I picked up my torch and again I saw it bolt past me, but this time, it was a bit closer, and I was able to see that it's head was somewhat animal shaped. Now I was certain that whatever this was, it wasn't human. I turned and began to run, as fast as I possibly could. Not one time did I look back over my shoulder, in fear that, whatever that thing was, was chasing me. I pushed myself to run faster and faster, I ran until by legs felt like they were on fire, and all the while, branches and brush from the forest, scraping against my body, leaving a couple small cuts on my arms and legs.

After I had ran so far, I finally gave out and dropped. It had felt like I was running for hours, but I suppose that's what adrenaline can do to you. I turned around and saw that there wasn't anything there, whatever was back there, was gone now. Slowly, I got up, and started to wobble along, barely managing to stand. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a cave, so I walked over to it. "Strange" I thought to myself, I never thought that there would be any caves out here, especially as big as this. The entrance was at-least nine feet high, and it was pitch black. I very eagerly wanted to explore it, but I had dropped my torch while I was running. I wouldn't let that stop me though, I pulled out my lighter, and decided to use that to guide my way. Not as illuminating as a torch, but it worked. I slowly guided my way through with my hand on one wall of the cave, careful not to trip on anything.

I had been walking through the cave for some time, and still it seemed to have no end, it was just amazing how big the cave was. I was starting to feel an ache in my feet, so I sat down on a strangely flat rock on the ground. I rested there for a few moments, when I suddenly could feel the ground giving way. I stood up and held my lighter out, to see the rock I was sitting on going into the ground, and I was just about to move when the ground opened up beneath my feat and I plummeted probably fifteen feet to hard ground below. I can still remember the pain now, as I screamed in agony, I thought I was going to pass out. After a few moments though, I gathered myself round, and amazingly was able to get back to my feet. I looked up and found that there was no way I could get back up so I would have to go down this new tunnel before me. Unfortunately I couldn't find my lighter so I was forced to continue on into the darkness.

Further and further I crawled down the tunnel, so i couldn't fall, keeping a hand against the wall, and there seemed to be no signs of an end, although the tunnel was at-least easier to move down. It now seemed flatter than before, almost in a perfect square, it must've been man made, as no caves in nature are like this. I seemed to crawl for hours when finally, I saw a light, but it was by no means and end to the tunnel. I came to what seemed to be a small shrine, and left of it was a path that went further, but for the moment I was more interested in what I had found. Why were these lanterns lit? They seemed old, and dusty, like they must have been down here for quite a long time. Was there someone here not long ago? I didn't know what to think as I examined this small place, and suddenly I noticed a small statue on the shrine, only about a foot in height. It was made of pure gold, and was in the image of a fierce looking feline. I wasn't sure what species it was though, I had never seen a cat like it before. The most notable detail though, was it's eyes, they were deep red rubies, and it was almost hypnotizing to stare at them as they shined in the light. I thought I should just go, but, it felt as if the statue was....calling out to me, I'm not sure how to explain it. Some, unknown entity, seemed to force my hand to slowly reach out, and touch it. When I did, the eyes of the statue lit up with blinding ferocity, everything around me being enveloped in a brilliant red. Soon though, I had opened my eyes to find the color had become a beautiful shade of sapphire, unlike anything I had seen before. Then, out of the light, came a figure, and I stood up at the sight of it, as if without free will.

The figure walked to me, and as it got closer, I realized that the figure, was me. Only something was different about it, but because of the blinding light, I couldn't quite tell what it was. That was when the figure, stretched out it's arms, and reached into my chest. A spike of pain went through my body, unlike anything I had ever felt before, as it slowly pulled itself into my body. Once it had disappeared, the light faded, and I collapsed on the ground. The pain was excruciating, but I couldn't stay where I was, so with willpower alone, I forced myself to my knees, and began to crawl down the path near the shrine. It was then after a long time of crawling, I finally saw the light of the moon at the end of the tunnel. I made my way only but a foot outside the mouth of the cave, when my head began to pound, and it felt as if my skull was going to break open. My body could no longer take the strain, and I collapsed on the ground for the final time that night. The light of the moon faded, and the world became black as I fell into a state of unconsciousness.