Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Flechmen

Recent downtime

So, last night and earlier today, CF and everything was down for a long time.

We don't know what happened, the server just suddenly stopped.

The hosting company worked on it for a long time before it finally came back.

So, this shouldn't happen again. In the coming week(s) we will be having a bit more downtime in moving to a new server.

Bear with us!

~Flech

Guest Wolfin

Found out today the hard drive was; in the words of the hosting provider, "totally borked". Thankfully between Linux's disk recovery and RAID, it was able to be entirely repaired with no data loss. Why the box went down originally is still unknown, but, at least we know why it didn't come back in 10min (as is typical).

The hosting provider has also graciously given me a major discount on a newer totally dedicated box, with 4x the ram and 25x the disk space. We'll be upgrading to that sometime soon, and that should solve all of our downtime issues once and for all. We need to make a little chart of all the boxes and upgrades we've had in CF's lifespan :P

/Wolfin

Found out today the hard drive was; in the words of the hosting provider, "totally borked".

I love Florian's English translations sometimes.

The hosting provider has also graciously given me a major discount on a newer totally dedicated box, with 4x the ram and 25x the disk space. We'll be upgrading to that sometime soon, and that should solve all of our downtime issues once and for all. We need to make a little chart of all the boxes and upgrades we've had in CF's lifespan :P

/Wolfin

That should be a praise report!

A list of our hosts is attatched.

hosts.xls

Guest Wolfin

(borked is a really old development term; a nicer version of FUBAR)

We've got quite the little museum of hosts building :P