Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kail

The Quest of the Three

Realizing that I was just setting myself up for failure with attempting a huge project, I've chosen to start with something much smaller: A short 4-5 hour game that has a maximum character level of 15.

This game will have a simple story, different things to do, and will be a fun way to pass the time. I realize I'm not Hironobu Sakaguchi (He took part in making games with Square-Enix, and if I recall correctly directed the Final Fantasy series into stardom), I'm just Kail, so I shouldn't expect stardom-worthy work out of myself, especially since I'm a rookie and just normally do this kind of thing to pass the time anyway.

Nonetheless, I'll still try to work the lot of you into my game somehow. Or maybe I'll make it episodic or do sequels, and put each of you in separate installments of the game.

It's called "the Quest of the Three" because it's based on the role-plays my brother and sister would do outside our home. More simply put, based on pretense of the past. In the game, each character will have 8 spells, after choosing between one of three elements: Fire, Water, and Earth.

The map in the game is horrendously linear. You literally will go from point A to point B, having to venture through dungeons and such as you go along the way. For example, in the start of the game, you have to clear a dungeon nearby a kingdom before you can cross a bridge (the story behind that is still in the works).

However, I think it should have some replay value. You could have all three characters choose one element to increase (or decrease perhaps) the difficulty, or however you'd want to set up your characters. There will be different combinations you can put together, so it shouldn't be the same playthrough each time around.

Here's a video of what the home of our three heroes looks like (Me, my brother, and sister XD)! Enjoy. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7JOkaKL4Ug

Guest Wolfin

Looks like you're doing awesome work, Kail :)

/me thumbs up and walks away before anyone noticed he doesn't have a clue.

If you didn't see the Character Generator thread, you're missing out!

In this post, I'll post all the generated characters you guys made. I'll post the other characters on the post below.

CF CHARACTER 1: FLECHMEN

%24flechmen.png

CF CHARACTER 2: WOLFIN

%24wolfin.png

(That's so him... XD)

CF CHARACTER 3: HUSKYDOG

%24huskydog.png

2nd Charaset

%24huskydog2.png

CF CHARACTER 4: ORPHEUS

%24orpheus.png

2nd Charaset

%24orpheus2.png

CF CHARACTER 5: DIRELDA

%24Direlda.png

CF CHARACTER 6: ARAVIS (Jackal)

%24Aravis.png

Roles for the Characters:

I'm not sure about that for now. You guys might be directly involved in a quest, or run a weapon / armor shop (or a Magic shop, depending on how Magic is learned in the game... haven't fully decided yet), or be a cameo in a town / castle. Maybe you'll be that super-difficult, enigmatic hidden boss? Who knows. :P

Keep generatin'!