James SilverWolf

Researcher

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Species:SilverWolf
  • LocationRogue Valley, Oregon

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:09 AM

Greets Folks, I've noticed lately theres been a clamp down of sorts on the web archive and archive.is another site I utilize, the sites sitll work fine and all, but they've implemented some kind of "javascript" check thing that acts as a blockade, and tells you outright to "Turn on Javascript" or else, as it were, which keeps me from utilizing them.  I've worked around this and it isn't really them implementing anything necessary as the sites still work fine when I search from an already archived page, but suffice it to say it is annoying, and since I view java junk as a security risk, and never use it, well this presents a quandry.  To the point, my question is, any of you other folk out there know any internet or other archival type sites like the wayback machine etc.?

Any/All help is appreciated, and thanks kindly.  ^.^

Ephesians 5:11
Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of evil, but rather, Expose them.

#2 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1266 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

Java and Javascript are like car and carpet. Java might be a security issue, but Javascript is used in almost all websites. I'm not sure why would a website say to turn on Javascript when it's turned on already for every site.

#3 Adair

Adair

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3104 posts
  • Species:Albino Red Fox

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, Java and Javascript are totally unrelated. This website uses Javascript extensively, which is why you can't use IE 6 anymore, but Java has fallen out of favor almost universally.

*I'm not trying to be mean sounding in my posts :<

Suggestion Box | Artist Application

XBL/PSN: DanTheFox98 | Skype/Steam: Danrulz98

Profile/refsheet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users