#1 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Good evening/morning everyone!

My name is Niznize. I've always been good at making up names, and I gave this one myself when I registered to deviantart 6 years ago (but don't ask what it means).

And when we're at deviantart, I've been dealing with art as a hobby level ever since, and I always liked to draw humanoid-looking animals, or writing stories about them. In fact, my writing skill is what I'm the most proud of. I have written a fantasy (but yet very different) novel when I was 14, and in some way - mostly with translating other people's writings - I still try to hone this skill, because I believe that I will still get a good use of it.

In the real life, I'm an IT guy for almost 2 years, but I'm rather in electronics, and that's what I've studied at the university. I still build things that I feel like building. I really like DIY things. Right now, I'm building a 3d printer which I bought last year (just didn't have the time to start building it x) )

From this DIY affection, I've also built myself a half-suit, which I can show you if you're curious. It's not a masterpiece, but not so bad either in my opinion ^^

About my fursona: well, I don't like to identify myself as an animal or such, because I know that I'm not one, but I still like to use this orange-coloured animal as my avatar on many websites. He has also his own story (I mean, comic ^^), you can see/read it on my deviantart website as well.

Also, I like to hang out a lot, go to the nature, cycling, playing soocer, playing on guitar, but on the other hand, I can be a really geek. I'm not a PC gamer (I've got only earlier games still to play, like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, but I still couldn't go too far with them ^^), but I've got a Wii, a WiiU and a Nintendo 3ds instead. I like games like Zelda, Pokémon or Xenoblade Chronicles a lot.

Movies: There are a lot, but mostly those which have a touching story behind, e.g. Empire of the Sun (really underrated), Good Will Hunting or The Shawshank Redemption.

Books: there are a lot of good ones, but the one I'm reading now is especially nice and recommended: James Clavell: Shogun

And I'm a religious person, therefore the fact that I joined the site, and hope that we can share thoughts and teach each other, which I couldn't really do in a community with mixed beliefs. Also - because of that - I distance myself from sexual topics, in art and real life as well. But I've read that even here, many religious peeps are okay with sexually explicit topics. Is that really so?

If you've got any questions, just give me a meep! I'll be glad to answer them all :3

P.S.: Sorry for my grammar, I'm not from an English speaking region ^^;

Edited by niznize, 12 January 2017 - 10:16 PM.

• JollyRancher likes this

#2 foxbunny

foxbunny

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2308 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

Hello, Naznine.
Your grammar is better than most of my students, and I teach English in the US.

#3 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Squeak squeak! Welcome to the forums :3

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#4 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

Hello, Naznine.
Your grammar is better than most of my students, and I teach English in the US.

Oh, I take that as a compliment :)

#5 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:02 PM

Squeak squeak! Welcome to the forums :3

Thank you! Meep meep!

#6 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:53 PM

Welcome, friend!

As soon as I'm back on my PC I'll write a longer reply, but for now— Welcome!

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#7 JollyRancher

JollyRancher

God's Little Rainbow

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Species:Rainbow Otter
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

Ello Ello  and welcome to CF, much love and hope to know more of ya in the future 

#8 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

All right, thank you Benni and JollyRancher (I can't quote now for some reason)! I hope so! ^^

Edited by niznize, 14 January 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#9 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hello! Wow, you like computer stuff? Me too! :D What kind of programming languages do you know?

#10 Joshua Reynard

Joshua Reynard

Friendly Fox

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Species:Red Fox
  • LocationNortheastern United States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

Hello, and welcome to Christian Furs! I see you also like computers, electronics and DIY projects - me too (or three - I see SuperKuddlor already responded to this topic :D). I look forward to getting to know you!

#11 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

@SuperKuddlor: Well, I'm not a big language expert, but I know C, C++ and somewhat Java as well. I usually use my programming knowdlege to do embedded programming, not on PC in the first place. I had a ton of experience with Arduino as well, which is also C++ with pre-defined classes for the microcontroller usage ^^

Nice to have someone here instantly who live in a country only 30km away from me ^^

@Joshua Reynard: Yep, I saw on your introduction. That's why I added you in the first place. We may learn a lot from each other! :D

#12 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

Good evening/morning everyone!

My name is Niznize. I've always been good at making up names, and I gave this one myself when I registered to deviantart 6 years ago (but don't ask what it means).

And when we're at deviantart, I've been dealing with art as a hobby level ever since, and I always liked to draw humanoid-looking animals, or writing stories about them. In fact, my writing skill is what I'm the most proud of. I have written a fantasy (but yet very different) novel when I was 14, and in some way - mostly with translating other people's writings - I still try to hone this skill, because I believe that I will still get a good use of it.

In the real life, I'm an IT guy for almost 2 years, but I'm rather in electronics, and that's what I've studied at the university. I still build things that I feel like building. I really like DIY things. Right now, I'm building a 3d printer which I bought last year (just didn't have the time to start building it x) )

From this DIY affection, I've also built myself a half-suit, which I can show you if you're curious. It's not a masterpiece, but not so bad either in my opinion ^^

About my fursona: well, I don't like to identify myself as an animal or such, because I know that I'm not one, but I still like to use this orange-coloured animal as my avatar on many websites. He has also his own story (I mean, comic ^^), you can see/read it on my deviantart website as well.

Also, I like to hang out a lot, go to the nature, cycling, playing soocer, playing on guitar, but on the other hand, I can be a really geek. I'm not a PC gamer (I've got only earlier games still to play, like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, but I still couldn't go too far with them ^^), but I've got a Wii, a WiiU and a Nintendo 3ds instead. I like games like Zelda, Pokémon or Xenoblade Chronicles a lot.

Movies: There are a lot, but mostly those which have a touching story behind, e.g. Empire of the Sun (really underrated), Good Will Hunting or The Shawshank Redemption.

Books: there are a lot of good ones, but the one I'm reading now is especially nice and recommended: James Clavell: Shogun

And I'm a religious person, therefore the fact that I joined the site, and hope that we can share thoughts and teach each other, which I couldn't really do in a community with mixed beliefs. Also - because of that - I distance myself from sexual topics, in art and real life as well. But I've read that even here, many religious peeps are okay with sexually explicit topics. Is that really so?

If you've got any questions, just give me a meep! I'll be glad to answer them all :3

P.S.: Sorry for my grammar, I'm not from an English speaking region ^^;

As far as your 2nd to last statement.

No. Purposely sexual topics (with the exception of prayer requests) would not be approved. Not sure who told you that sexual art was fine here.

I wouldn't need to back this up with scripture, should be obvious.

Welcome, again!

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#13 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

Wow you're in Hungary! :D There's one more Hungarian furry here and she's called Yinepu, I think.

Anyways, I've been trying to make my own game console with microcontrollers, but I usually end up getting wrong items. I'm a software guy, not a hardware guy. I like things like Gamebuino and Uzebox. I've been trying to think of plans and concepts with AVR XMEGAs, but those are so unsupported, even though they're the strongest 8-bit microcontrollers of all. A friend of mine who made Makerbuino (a game console based on Gamebuino) told me that Arduino Zero is now getting popular. I'll soon get some money to buy an Arduino Zero and I'll probably make a game console that connects to the TV or to a famous Arduino display like an OLED or something. Or maybe I could get a Teensy 3.6. I'd love to make a game console.

#14 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

Wow you're in Hungary! :D There's one more Hungarian furry here and she's called Yinepu, I think.

Anyways, I've been trying to make my own game console with microcontrollers, but I usually end up getting wrong items. I'm a software guy, not a hardware guy. I like things like Gamebuino and Uzebox. I've been trying to think of plans and concepts with AVR XMEGAs, but those are so unsupported, even though they're the strongest 8-bit microcontrollers of all. A friend of mine who made Makerbuino (a game console based on Gamebuino) told me that Arduino Zero is now getting popular. I'll soon get some money to buy an Arduino Zero and I'll probably make a game console that connects to the TV or to a famous Arduino display like an OLED or something. Or maybe I could get a Teensy 3.6. I'd love to make a game console.

Yinepu? I haven't heard of her yet. Could you maybe introduce me to her? ^^

Oh, I see :) Well, there was a period of time when I was also really enthusiastic about these kind of platforms. That was before I got to know Raspberry Pi (where I could run Quake 3, Duke Nukem or Minecraft without a problem). This was that kind of board which made my jaw drop: 

Edited by niznize, 18 January 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#15 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Say, do you play Minecraft?

#16 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

Those trees and grass look straight out of the Legend of Zelda games on GameBoy Color

sQAreEX.gif

#17 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Say, do you play Minecraft?

I don't/didn't own the game (expect the opportunity when I downloaded Raspbian to my RPi, and it was pre-installed for it, but it was a really simple mod of the game, and you couldn't craft anything there, sadly), I just saw it on a friend's PC and another friend's tablet.

#18 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

Those trees and grass look straight out of the Legend of Zelda games on GameBoy Color

Yep, the game itself is obviously a copy of the original Zelda, with slighty better graphics x)

#19 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Yep, the game itself is obviously a copy of the original Zelda, with slighty better graphics x)

I make games too. One of my current projects even has a thread of its own in the art subforum.

sQAreEX.gif

#20 niznize

niznize

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

@Nathan: You mean, the RPG called Nathan's Quest, which is visible in your signature as well?

Edited by niznize, 22 January 2017 - 04:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users