• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:08 PM

Other names: Benni?

Fursona: Unsure

Email: [email protected]

Fav. music: Worship, Acoustic, EDM.

Likes: The Word of God, Table Tennis, Traveling, Soccer, Music, Friends..

Dislikes: Far-leftists/extreme-liberals. I have some mixed feelings about Canada.

Church Denomination: Non-denominational.

Anything else: I love encouraging people!

___

A little more lengthy introduction:

I would like to start off by saying that I am glad to see that there are, even among the internet, Christians that do not compromise for the lusts/standards of the world! (Ephesians 5:8-12)

I was looking for a nice online community that might like sharing some spare time speaking about the Word of God and sharing music on Dubtrack/PlugDJ (a user-propelled online radio with queues open to anyone).

“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭1:6‬

“and I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.”
‭‭Philemon‬ ‭1:6‬ ‭

"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,"
2 Timothy 1:8-9

I accepted Christ as my saviour around nine years ago, however, I believe that my true revelation of His great gift that he gave was revealed to my heart only a few months ago; a hunger for His Word and a desire to share with others sparked inside-- consuming as blazing flame.

"For our God is a consuming fire."
Hebrews 12:2

"“Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord,
“And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?""

Jeremiah 23:29

I am a Christian because I know what the Lord has done for me, that He is the only one and true God, because He loved me first, and because of a realization that this world has nothing for me. Without the Lord there is nothing that provides a foundation to secure the building of the world, which stands against the forceful winds of ultimate meaning and the (true) pursuit of happiness.
Christ's resurrection after death is the very essence of life, it is what gives us hope and a future beyond what the empty deceit of this world can provide. His life being sacrificed for the purpose of not only showing His grace, but proving it to us. He was the light of men, the truth, the way that we should all follow.

"Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you, so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will also confirm you to the end, that you may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."
1 Corinthians 1:6-10

The God of everything, whom chose to create someone like me and to pay such a price that you did not owe, so that I could know you and speak to you. How can it be, that you chose someone like me to declare your praise for the glory of Your name! - I can’t Believe, Elevation Worship.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."
"For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."
"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"
"Therefore I rejoice that I have confidence in you in everything."

2 Corinthians [5:17,21] [9:15] [7:16]

My father is also an evangelist, so he's usually away from home-- traveling all over the world! Though I'll refrain from giving any more details as this is the internet.

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭

My favorite scripture changes depending on the subject and the more knowledge/revelation of His Word, but these are definitely rich! Also, pretty much the whole book of Ephesians is amazing!

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."
Ephesians 1:7

“If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15:10-16‬ ‭

“that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.”
Ephesians‬ ‭3:17-19‬

"“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”
Then said I:
“Ah, Lord God!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”
But the Lord said to me:
“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.
Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me:
“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.""

Jeremiah 1:5-9

It's honestly mind-boggling to even attempt to grasp the goodness of God towards us! There are so many scriptures in the Bible that address nearly every aspect of life and beyond! I'll stop here or else this post will go on way too long. haha!

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light."

Psalm 36:7-9

All of this being said, I might not be all that active, but that's just life. ;)

P.S. The book of Romans is also a favorite!
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,” – Romans 8:1-3

Edited by neb2468, 23 November 2016 - 03:09 PM.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling,
And to present you faultless
Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy,
To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#2 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

Song of Songs is my favorite book, but Romans is full of great stuff.

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#3 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

Song of Songs is my favorite book, but Romans is full of great stuff.

Absolutely!

There are just too many great chapters in all sorts of places in the Bible! Although the New Testament is saturated..

Nice to meet you, Nathan!

To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#4 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Song of Songs 1:13 is my favorite single verse. I am a strange creature.

sQAreEX.gif

#5 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:55 AM

Song of Songs 1:13 is my favorite single verse. I am a strange creature.

Yeah! I've never heard anyone choose that scripture before. Is there something about it that stands out to you?

To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#6 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:45 AM

Yeah! I've never heard anyone choose that scripture before. Is there something about it that stands out to you?

Yes. The actual quote, depending on translation, is "A sachet of myrrh is my beloved unto me; he shall lie all night between my breasts".

This appeals to me on multiple levels. The intention is that the woman (in context, the wife of the man she's referring to) is comparing her husband to some expensive body perfume to keep on her person overnight, something precious which improves her life by its proximity to her.

A more literal-minded interpretation, tied to me emotionally on another level, is the image of, say, a normal human-sized furry wife tying her tiny husband (around the size of a mouse or so) to a long necklace and keeping him in the same place as they sleep. This amuses me greatly (and I've illustrated it at least twice).

sQAreEX.gif

#7 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

Yes. The actual quote, depending on translation, is "A sachet of myrrh is my beloved unto me; he shall lie all night between my breasts".

This appeals to me on multiple levels. The intention is that the woman (in context, the wife of the man she's referring to) is comparing her husband to some expensive body perfume to keep on her person overnight, something precious which improves her life by its proximity to her.

A more literal-minded interpretation, tied to me emotionally on another level, is the image of, say, a normal human-sized furry wife tying her tiny husband (around the size of a mouse or so) to a long necklace and keeping him in the same place as they sleep. This amuses me greatly (and I've illustrated it at least twice).

So, it appeals to you on an imaginary/illustrative level?

I'm not sure how this would relate to a person's life unless they were married, which you might be-- I don't know.

Does it correlate with any other verses I am unaware of?

Very interesting!

Edited by Benni, 24 November 2016 - 03:58 PM.

To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#8 BJbear2001

BJbear2001

Peon Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Species:Ursus horribilis
  • LocationTulsa, OK, USA

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:19 AM

Welcome, Benni, to Christianfurs!

It looks like you've read a lot about diligence in Christ. Add to that, peace and stillness.

Try to add one Psalm to your daily meditation.  There is a lot of value in diligence, but it's not everything. Think about what Jesus' brother said in the book of James: "..faith, without works is worthless." It's important because 'our actions show our faith in baptism'(Jesus) and 'our faith produces right action'(James). What I hope you will capture, is the peace in that system.   Action(A)=/= the gift , conversely the gift(G)=(A), and (G)= (faith F[A]), Where faith and action have a symbiotic relationship. Obvious statement? No, not really. John fled a city and Jesus avoided Jerusalem until their times were right. Why? Because it is 100% action, 100% faith in God's graceful plan. It's not a compromise(50/100), it's symbiotic(100/100).  

Have peace knowing that your diligence will come with time spent with God. Understand that you have to plan to listen to God's plan.

So use 5 minutes, in the middle of your 40 minute quiet time, to just be still. For 5 minutes, just imagine God.--Don't pray, don't reflect, don't do anything intentionally except to spend 5 minutes with God(in His presence).

Add peace and stillness to your diligent time management and diligent reading. 5 minutes in between.

Mail me some time, If you'd like.

#9 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:22 AM

I'm not sure how this would relate to a person's life unless they were married, which you might be-- I don't know.

Not yet, but it's been my greatest aspiration for ten years running. I have a tendency of attracting emotionally abusive women, to not put too fine a point on it.

sQAreEX.gif

#10 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:57 AM

Welcome, Benni, to Christianfurs!

It looks like you've read a lot about diligence in Christ. Add to that, peace and stillness.

Try to add one Psalm to your daily meditation.  There is a lot of value in diligence, but it's not everything. Think about what Jesus' brother said in the book of James: "..faith, without works is worthless." It's important because 'our actions show our faith in baptism'(Jesus) and 'our faith produces right action'(James). What I hope you will capture, is the peace in that system.   Action(A)=/= the gift , conversely the gift(G)=(A), and (G)= (faith F[A]), Where faith and action have a symbiotic relationship. Obvious statement? No, not really. John fled a city and Jesus avoided Jerusalem until their times were right. Why? Because it is 100% action, 100% faith in God's graceful plan. It's not a compromise(50/100), it's symbiotic(100/100).  

Have peace knowing that your diligence will come with time spent with God. Understand that you have to plan to listen to God's plan.

So use 5 minutes, in the middle of your 40 minute quiet time, to just be still. For 5 minutes, just imagine God.--Don't pray, don't reflect, don't do anything intentionally except to spend 5 minutes with God(in His presence).

Add peace and stillness to your diligent time management and diligent reading. 5 minutes in between.

Mail me some time, If you'd like.

Of course!

I love Psalms and refer to it pretty much every time I open my Bible! haha

Not sure where you got that I read up on diligence, but I do agree that it's pointless to live without having faith, knowing God, and acting on His word. We have a personal relationship with God-- speaking to Him as a father and a friend, but we also do not neglect our daily responsibilities in life as well as what the Bible says. It's by our action that we show our true Faith (obedience and believing) in God. - But also the Bible says that one should not leave their first love. We shouldn't base our lives completely off of ministry and working by faith. God has chosen us as willing vessels to do His will and brought us into His kingdom as His children. We get to know our God through relationship.

A person can have all the faith in the world, get thousands saved, but be rejected when He goes to heaven because He neglected His First Love -- had no relationship with the living God.

Peace is absolutely a fruit of the spirit (Galations 5:22-23) and as we grow in our faith, hunger, and relationship with God so shall our fruit, which is why you can only tell a true Christian apart from the others by the fruition in their life. Peace goes hand in hand with knowing who God is, who I am, and what He's given to us!

As my hunger to be diligent grows in reading the Word of God and being obedient in my actions, so does my peace, HOPE (which peace is a byproduct of) for my life, love, especially joy, and inner flame to share with others the good news! Before I truly began seeking God, I had no plan for my life-- didn't know what to pursue.. Now I have a peace that allows me to just rest and worship God as I go throughout my day.

Matthew 6:33 - But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.

Which I believe also means that peace [beyond understanding] will be available to those who know their God and pursue Him and His ways.

Psalms 29:11 - "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

Philippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. "

1 Peter 5:7 - "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

I, personally, love to play worship music and sing to God, -- it brings peace and joy to me. I've had new revelation revealed to me about His grace and love towards us almost every time while I'm meditating on His nature and worshiping Him.

Saying all this, there absolutely comes a time to just be still and allow God to speak into your life. It's a mistake a lot of ministers will make. They'll be so busy asking God this and speaking to Him about that, that they do not make any time to listen to the voice of God as He speaks to them. Sometimes God is waiting for you to stop doing all the talking, lol!

Awesome point to bring up, though! (Philippians 2:1-4)

I appreciate it! My original post was merely introducing myself and sharing a little bit of what was on my heart.

“For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; You are my trust from my youth. By You I have been upheld from birth; You are He who took me out of my mother’s womb. My praise shall be continually of You. I have become as a wonder to many, But You are my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with Your praise And with Your glory all the day.”
‭‭-Psalms‬ ‭71:5-8‬ ‭

"Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began,"

2 Timothy 1:8-9

Not yet, but it's been my greatest aspiration for ten years running. I have a tendency of attracting emotionally abusive women, to not put too fine a point on it.

Oh goodness! Haha

You'll find one!

Edited by Benni, 25 November 2016 - 07:08 AM.

To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

#11 Joshua Reynard

Joshua Reynard

Friendly Fox

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Species:Red Fox
  • LocationNortheastern United States

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:42 AM

Greetings, Benni! Sorry I'm a late-comer to this thread. Anyway, the name's Joshua Reynard, and welcome to Christianfurs! *Offers paw to shake.*
  • Benni likes this

#12 Benni

Benni

Benni

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:58 PM

Greetings, Benni! Sorry I'm a late-comer to this thread. Anyway, the name's Joshua Reynard, and welcome to Christianfurs! *Offers paw to shake.*

Hello there Joshua! Thank you :)

*handshake*

Edited by Benni, 30 November 2016 - 04:01 PM.

To God our Savior
Who alone is wise,
Be glory and majesty,
Dominion and power,
Both now and forever.
Amen."

Jude 20-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users