• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kito Firesoul

Kito Firesoul

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:51 AM

So, I'm at a crossroads. This is straight up new to me. Never been on a forum before, never tried my hand at this. But let's make a go of it.

Introduction time!

I'm pretty simple to figure out-

• published Author
  • hopeful webcomic creator
  • touch of a world traveler
  • rabid anthro fan

Simple, right? *nods head*

Here's another fun fact. Where I live, it's two hours to the nearest Walmart. I'm way, way out in the rural areas of Nebraska. As such, I'm dying to know what the rest of the world is up to!

What kind of webcomics do you all read? Any favorite artists, or websites? I'm new to all this, so any tips are welcome.

Thank you, one and all!

~Kito

#2 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:12 AM

I love webcomics! I read Furry Experience, Order of the Stick, and various Oren Otter comics (I wish he'd update more frequently). I also have a soft spot for Sonichu and other terrible-but-not-eye-hurting webcomics, so long as they can be terrible in interesting ways.

I also draw comics.

And I make games.

Writing is my main creative skill, but I lack the determination to complete projects of meaningful length.

Welcome to Christian Furs!

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#3 Joshua Reynard

Joshua Reynard

Friendly Fox

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Species:Red Fox
  • LocationNortheastern United States

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

So, I'm at a crossroads. This is straight up new to me. Never been on a forum before, never tried my hand at this. But let's make a go of it.

Welcome to this forum!

I'm pretty simple to figure out-
    published Author

I've tried my paw at writing when I was younger, but I never went anywhere with it and eventually gave up when I went to college. (At least, gave up on writing for people... I ended up studying software engineering, so I'm still writing, but for computers.) But what's funny is that over the past few days, I have toyed with the idea of trying to get back into it.

hopeful webcomic creator

Webcomics were kind of how I got into the fandom in the first place - I discovered Faux Pas and found it from there. In the years since then, I've also taken a liking to a few others. Like my buddy Nathan, I'm a fan of Oren Otter's comics and of Sonichu. I've even considered making my own webcomic, but I never got any good ideas for one. I do like to draw, though, and I'm sure one of my drawings will turn into a little comic at some point.

touch of a world traveler

I've never left North America. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to visit somewhere else, though!

rabid anthro fan

I'm also a rabid (not literally, of course!) fan of anthropomorphic animals!

Simple, right? *nods head*

*Nods.*

Here's another fun fact. Where I live, it's two hours to the nearest Walmart. I'm way, way out in the rural areas of Nebraska.

And I thought I lived in the middle of nowhere growing up in Vermont... In my current hometown in northwestern Vermont, it's about 20 minutes to the nearest Wal-Mart (and there are two others within an hour's drive either up or down the Interstate), and in the town I go to college in (located somewhere in upstate New York), there's one only a few minutes down the road.

What kind of webcomics do you all read? Any favorite artists, or websites? I'm new to all this, so any tips are welcome.

I read Faux Pas, Commander Kitty, Housepets!, most of Oren Otter's comics (if only he'd update something other than just Room for One More - not that I have a problem with Room for One More), and Sonichu (which is a great example of how not to make a webcomic - that's why I think it's interesting). I also used to read Kevin and Kell but got sick of it for multiple reasons and can't really recommend it.
Favorite artists... *checks deviantArt favorites* Here are some of my favorite artists - be warned, some of them may have not-family-friendly/NSFW art, but that's not the art I'm into.
  • Mary Mouse (draws excellent toony art).
  • Avanii (draws great mustelids).
  • Culpeo-Fox (draws the best foxes ever, but can get morbid at times, so be warned).
  • Skia (see above - I'm not completely sure if they're actually separate people).
  • Temiree (great anthro artist, does some nice Redwall fanart).
  • Kipper (not a prolific artist, but draws toony stuff quite nicely).
As for websites, I'm on Weasyl and deviantArt for art, Telegram and Skype for communication (if you have either of these and want to add me, just ask), and on here, of course!
I don't know if you use IRC at all, but we have an IRC channel - see here: http://christianfurs...-using-hexchat/. You'll sometimes see me on there.

Thank you, one and all!

~Kito

You're very welcome - nice to meet you, Kito!

Edited by Joshua Reynard, 05 November 2016 - 07:20 AM.

#4 Kito Firesoul

Kito Firesoul

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm definitely gonna check some of those out. I already knew about Furry Experience, that's one of my favorites. And I've actually seen some of Culpeo-Fox before too, Josh. Thanks!

But now I'm curious.

What kinds of things have you guys written before?

#5 Laplace Folf

Laplace Folf

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Species:Folf
  • LocationSouthwest United States

Posted 05 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

Hey there, Kito!

My name is Laplace, nice to meet you! 

2 hours to nearest Walmart? That's crazy! I've been to places like that as I grew up in Arizona and I go to college in New Mexico, states with lots of land and not too many people.

My favorite web comic is Housepets! I'm way behind on it tho, but oh well. I'll catch up on it someday. I suppose it follows from this that my favorite artist is Rick Griffin, the author or Housepets! But I don't really have too many favorites in particular.

I finished a report on MOSFETs yesterday, does that count as writing? In all seriousness I've tried my hand at writing before but to be honest, I don't really have the time and patience right now but maybe I'll pick it up again in the future. Like, Joshua I study engineering in college so I do a lot of programming for computers in C and Assembly. I'm mostly focusing on hardware tho as I'm studying Electrical Engineering.

I've always wanted to go to Europe, but never been yet. Maybe someday when I have the money :) Well I can tell you here in New Mexico things are going pretty well. It's getting colder and the leaves are falling, which is pretty cool.  

Anyways, it's nice to meet you, hopefully we'll be seeing more of each other soon :D

Laplace...TRANSFORM!!!!

#6 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 12:34 AM

What kinds of things have you guys written before?

I generally trend towards strange romance stories (a space explorer falling in love with a living planet, a fairly mundane talking rabbit falling in love with a gigantic shapeshifting tentacle monster from another dimension, my avatar falling in love with that of whatever woman has most recently indicated an interest in me, a wolf and a fox existing simultaneously in two separate worlds with her being a tiny moth in his and him being a giant dragon in hers while she is clearly far larger than he while they are together in a single world), stories about giant  or tiny furries, and D&D-like fantasy adventure.

Sometimes I write intentionally bad or crazy fanfiction, such as my Sailor Moon fanfiction including a lot of run-on sentences, confusing use of the same pronoun to refer to different characters in a single sentence ("she grabbed her leg and drained her energy until she died") and the narration taking a firm stance on the merits of the names in the English dub as better than the English comic or the Japanese original.

Remove most of the romance angle and you get just about the same combination of traits in my game writing. Absurdity, surrealism, trolling, fantasy adventure, furries, and lots of size differences.

sQAreEX.gif

#7 Kito Firesoul

Kito Firesoul

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:15 PM

Well it seems there are quite a few programmers here. My buddy an hour a two away is going to college to be a programmer, and whenever we hang out he feels free to regail me with programmer language. Goes right over my head.

Personally, I prefer chemistry and biology. Which, oddly, works well with my creative side.

And speaking of creative sides, I'd say the creativity is strong with you, Nathan.

Lastly, nice to meet you too, Laplace!

#8 Norzman5

Norzman5

Gamer

• Administrators
  • 580 posts
  • Species:Eastern Dragon
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:51 PM

Welcome to the forums ^.=.^

Posted Image

#9 Kito Firesoul

Kito Firesoul

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hey, cool avatar Norzman!

#10 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:12 AM

Norzman is really good at drawing.

sQAreEX.gif

#11 Kito Firesoul

Kito Firesoul

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:43 AM

Noted. I checked out his deviant art account and was impressed.

Speaking of art, I was wondering... If I had some stuff I'd drawn that I wanted to post here, but I only had it on my personal computer and not online, how would I do that?

#12 Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:08 AM

Noted. I checked out his deviant art account and was impressed.

Speaking of art, I was wondering... If I had some stuff I'd drawn that I wanted to post here, but I only had it on my personal computer and not online, how would I do that?

Get an account on a site like Imgur and post the uploads here as image links in BBcode or put them up on art gallery sites like FurAffinity or Deviant Art and just post links in your posts.

sQAreEX.gif

#13 Norzman5

Norzman5

Gamer

• Administrators
  • 580 posts
  • Species:Eastern Dragon
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:40 AM

Hey, cool avatar Norzman!

Thank you ^.=.^

Posted Image

#14 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum! :D I'm a programmer too. :)

#15 Kito Firesoul

Kito Firesoul

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:47 AM

Wow, I'm just way outnumbered here.

#16 Brandon_X_Fox

Brandon_X_Fox

Christian Pink Fox!

• Posted
  • PipPipPip