#1 Laplace Folf

Laplace Folf

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Species:Folf
  • LocationSouthwest United States

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:51 AM

Hey, guys! The name's Austin and I was born and raised Catholic. Though as long as you're tight with the lord that's all that matters to me. I'm 19 and I'm studying Electrical Engineering in college. I have a passion for all things EE as well as most things mathematics. I love working with electronics, solving complicated circuits, and doing math problems. Differential equations are probably my favorite haha.

Which brings me to my fursona, the Laplace Folf. He's folf with the power of the Laplace Transform. He wields what I call a Monado-Blaster, which is a mix of the Monado from the first Xenoblade Chronicles game and the blaster from the Star Fox franchise. Original, I know, but it's still pretty cool. My profile pic wasn't drawn by me, my good friend drew it for me. I'm not really good at artistic stuff, but I'd really like to get better one day.

While I haven't been to any cons yet, I'd like to attend one sometime in the future.

Music, man I love music. My favorite music has got to be rock music and most of it's subgenres. Whether it be classic, modern, progressive, hard, soft, pop, grunge, even some southern. Though alternative rock is my favorite of all. My favorite band of all time is the Foo Fighters. Though I enjoy almost any genre of music, except for rap and country. I don't like sad music either, but I suppose that's not really a genre.

Likes: Electrical Engineering, Nintendo Games, Maths, Differential Equations, Circuits, Electronics, Microcontrollers, Integral Transforms, Laplace Transform, Cooking, Rock Music, Jesus.

Dislikes: Rap and Country Music, Errors in Code, Frying out innocent logic chips, faulty lab equipment, slow computers, mean people

I look forward to meeting everyone here. I've been lurking the past few days and I decided to go ahead and introduce myself. I also hope to talk to some of you on the IRC. 

Laplace...TRANSFORM!!!!

#2 Joshua Reynard

Joshua Reynard

Friendly Fox

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Species:Red Fox
  • LocationNortheastern United States

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:42 PM

Welcome to the forums, Austin! My name is, of course, Joshua Reynard. Pleased to meet you!

I'm also studying engineering, except I'm studying software engineering instead. I actually started out studing electrical engineering but switched after deciding that software was more my strong suit. If electrical is yours, that's cool - software needs hardware to run on, after all! That being said, I still do electronics projects - especially ones involving microcontrollers.

And like you, I love rock music - mostly classic rock in my case. And I can't stand most rap or (modern) country either.

Our dislikes are actually quite similar - amazingly similar, in fact.

Hopefully, we'll see each other on IRC soon.

And Laplace transforms are really cool.

Edited by Joshua Reynard, 25 August 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#3 Laplace Folf

Laplace Folf

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

Welcome to the forums, Austin! My name is, of course, Joshua Reynard. Pleased to meet you!

I'm also studying engineering, except I'm studying software engineering instead. I actually started out studing electrical engineering but switched after deciding that software was more my strong suit. If electrical is yours, that's cool - software needs hardware to run on, after all! That being said, I still do electronics projects - especially ones involving microcontrollers.

And like you, I love rock music - mostly classic rock in my case. And I can't stand most rap or (modern) country either.

Our dislikes are actually quite similar - amazingly similar, in fact.

Hopefully, we'll see each other on IRC soon.

And Laplace transforms are really cool.

Thanks for the welcome, Joshua! 

I appreciate software development and the people who do it. I'm more of a hardware kind of guy, though. I also probably couldn't do it because there isn't enough math involved haha. But yeah software and hardware complement each other extremely well and I can't wait to see all of the pieces come together when I enroll in Junior Design next semester.

Nice to see another fur into rock. I like classic rock, too. Though most of my favorite rock songs/bands span from the late 70's to the mid 2000's, though the Foo Fighters' newest album is probably, in my opinion, the best rock album released this decade.

So what kind of projects do you do and what kind of microcontrollers do you use? My favorite thing I've done with them is us the Arduino microcontroller to program a robot and enter it in various competitions at my college. Those were some fun times!

Anyways, I'm still getting a feel for the IRC, as I've never worked with one before so I will hopefully get to talk to you and others as well. 

Laplace...TRANSFORM!!!!

#4 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

Wow hello there! :D Nice to meet you!

I'm Kuddl. I'm the biggest furry cuddler ever! I'm Catholic too!

I like microcontrollers. I like XMEGA ones a lot. Too bad they're underrated because of ATmegas and their 16-bit pointers. I like to work with electronics and I'm thinking of making a game console like Gamebuino, but with a better screen, more RAM and more peripherals. Kinda wanting to create a little AVR computer for myself with my own operating system there XD it's so mystical and mysterious. I'm also trying to find components needed for an electronic rosary project. I wish to share more with you. I have an Arduino board, two MCUs that I didn't use at all, an ATXMEGA128A1U dev board, a Nokia LCD, a VS1053 breakout with real-time MIDI interface, a ST7775 display that I think I broke with 5V (s2pid 5V label that was for the LCD backlight fooled me into thinking that the GPIO is 5V! GRR!!!) and a ST7735 display which is slow due to its SPI interface.

I like game development and I've been developing games in a non-serious way using bad tools since 2008, but a few months ago started with a serious approach to make a game worth money so that I can move out and meet my furry buddies in real life and live with them so that we can do what we love most while snuggling each other like kittens ^w^ . I've been using The Games Factory 2 and other programs of the Multimedia Fusion series and Game Maker Studio. I'm planning to make a Christian game using SDL2 and C++ once I get done with the Game Maker Studio game. I wish I had someone to program with because I like to talk about what I program. Otherwise I lose concentration and get lost in my own code and frustrated by "unfixable" bugs that even a rubber duck would see (see rubber duck debugging).

Music!? I love music! Ever since I've discovered my perfect pitch, I've been playing music and composing it. I'm not that good of a player, but I do my best in arranging and mashing up music like mashed potatoes. I love musical theory and harmony. It's all about math and numbers and programming. The advantage of musical math is that I can hear my own mistakes while in real math I get only one chance to see the result which is too late by then which is when I get an F. I like math with multiple attempts like how I can program a program multiple times and compile it multiple times.

I wish I could understand math more. I can't understand how one can calculate a circle from 3 points. 3 equations with 3 unknown things (I speak Croatian so I don't know much from the English math thesaurus). Integration sounds like astronomy to me. It's so mystical and unknown to me. I wish to know more. I wish to know about a better collision prediction system in video game engines. Could you teach me sometime?

I hope to hear from you soon.

#5 Laplace Folf

Laplace Folf

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:39 PM

Wow hello there! :D Nice to meet you!

I'm Kuddl. I'm the biggest furry cuddler ever! I'm Catholic too!

I like microcontrollers. I like XMEGA ones a lot. Too bad they're underrated because of ATmegas and their 16-bit pointers. I like to work with electronics and I'm thinking of making a game console like Gamebuino, but with a better screen, more RAM and more peripherals. Kinda wanting to create a little AVR computer for myself with my own operating system there XD it's so mystical and mysterious. I'm also trying to find components needed for an electronic rosary project. I wish to share more with you. I have an Arduino board, two MCUs that I didn't use at all, an ATXMEGA128A1U dev board, a Nokia LCD, a VS1053 breakout with real-time MIDI interface, a ST7775 display that I think I broke with 5V (s2pid 5V label that was for the LCD backlight fooled me into thinking that the GPIO is 5V! GRR!!!) and a ST7735 display which is slow due to its SPI interface.

I like game development and I've been developing games in a non-serious way using bad tools since 2008, but a few months ago started with a serious approach to make a game worth money so that I can move out and meet my furry buddies in real life and live with them so that we can do what we love most while snuggling each other like kittens ^w^ . I've been using The Games Factory 2 and other programs of the Multimedia Fusion series and Game Maker Studio. I'm planning to make a Christian game using SDL2 and C++ once I get done with the Game Maker Studio game. I wish I had someone to program with because I like to talk about what I program. Otherwise I lose concentration and get lost in my own code and frustrated by "unfixable" bugs that even a rubber duck would see (see rubber duck debugging).

Music!? I love music! Ever since I've discovered my perfect pitch, I've been playing music and composing it. I'm not that good of a player, but I do my best in arranging and mashing up music like mashed potatoes. I love musical theory and harmony. It's all about math and numbers and programming. The advantage of musical math is that I can hear my own mistakes while in real math I get only one chance to see the result which is too late by then which is when I get an F. I like math with multiple attempts like how I can program a program multiple times and compile it multiple times.

I wish I could understand math more. I can't understand how one can calculate a circle from 3 points. 3 equations with 3 unknown things (I speak Croatian so I don't know much from the English math thesaurus). Integration sounds like astronomy to me. It's so mystical and unknown to me. I wish to know more. I wish to know about a better collision prediction system in video game engines. Could you teach me sometime?

I hope to hear from you soon.

What's up, Kuddl! Horray for Catholics! Cuddling is alright too, I guess haha.

I'm no expert on microcontrollers, but I do enjoy using them since they can do so much. As I was telling Joshua, I've mostly used Arduinos to talk to robots and make them drive and operate an arm. I also have some experience with the MC9S12 and writing programs for it. Though I liked building the robots more haha. You seem to know a lot more than me, tho. I will me honest, programming is not my strong suit. I enjoy languages like C (when using it to program hardware) and MATLAB for extensive computations, but I can't say I'm very good at it. The higher level the programming the language the better off I am xD. I'm not quite there yet where I can do extensive projects, but I'm learning more every day  :D .

Game development is pretty awesome, even if I'm not currently pursuing it, myself. One of my best friends is working on a game right now. He sends me sprites he's made and all of the progress he's making too. He also wants to try and release his game on Steam and have it get a large release, which is most likely what you're after. You're more than welcome to talk code with me via PM and I can look through it and talk about it with you. While I don't have much experience with game design programs I've done more than my fair share of programming for my EE degree thus far. 

I know instruments kind of. Does Guitar Hero or Rock Band count? Haha but seriously I'm not very good either. I've been learning a little bit of guitar and playing it now and then but I'm really busy so I don't have much time to play, but I try. I'm still a beginner but I want to get better someday. I totally see where you're coming from with the music math vs other math. We've all struggled in math at one point or another so I can definitely sympathize. What kind of music do you like?

Ah, the equations of circles. I touched basis on the subject in Geometry, but I'll be honest Geometry isn't my strongest subject, and systems of equations get exponentially harder to solve the more unknowns you have   :(. Croatia, huh? I had a professor from there once, she was pretty cool. Anyways, integration is difficult when you're starting out. Very tedious stuff, but I'll be honest I could sit down and do integrals all day long. You definitely develop an intuition for it after tons of practice. A collision prediction system? I'm a bit rusty on mechanics but I'd be willing to give it a shot! Maybe model some equations and such. I can't guarantee I'll be able to do it, but why not try, right?   

Edited by Laplace Folf, 25 August 2016 - 11:40 PM.

Laplace...TRANSFORM!!!!

#6 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

Welcome, Laplace!

The only Laplace I'd known before was the Pokemon Lapras.

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#7 Laplace Folf

Laplace Folf

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:26 PM

Welcome, Laplace!

The only Laplace I'd known before was the Pokemon Lapras.

Thanks, Nathan!

Fun fact: Laplace (the mathematician) studied the tides and the seas and the mathematical properties of them. Lapras is a water transport Pokemon. I like to think that isn't a coincidence :D
  • Joshua Reynard likes this

Laplace...TRANSFORM!!!!

#8 BJbear2001

BJbear2001

Peon Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Species:Ursus horribilis
  • LocationTulsa, OK, USA

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:45 PM

Welcome! For those nonmath majors as myself, I will try to pin point the concepts of lapace transformation, time, transformation, and frequncy.
1. Does your fusona change between forms that exist outside time-space?
2. Does your fursona change between forms of frequency(IE: sound, pulse, freeze frames)?
3. Would your fursona be seen in the differential space where multiple streams of time flow?
4. Does your fursona utilize an improbability drive? (Hitchhiker's Guide reference)

#9 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:35 PM

Welcome! For those nonmath majors as myself, I will try to pin point the concepts of lapace transformation, time, transformation, and frequncy.
2. Does your fursona change between forms of frequency(IE: sound, pulse, freeze frames)?
3. Would your fursona be seen in the differential space where multiple streams of time flow?
4. Does your fursona utilize an improbability drive? (Hitchhiker's Guide reference)

Wow XD interesting science fiction stuff for my game.

#10 Laplace Folf

Laplace Folf

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

Alrighty:

1. He doesn't necessarily change forms per se. He only has 1 form, but he is able to travel between the time domain (the domain we all associate with) and the s-domain,

2. Building off of that, again he doesn't necessarily have multiple forms, but he can travel between the two domains. While he does not have control of the time domain (i.e. no time travel), he has complete control and can use the s-domain to his advantage. This means he can alter frequencies and pulses, as well as freeze frames from the frequency domain.

3. I haven't really thought about that one, but that sounds pretty awesome so I think I'll say yes :)

4. Unfortunately, no improbability drive, just travel in the same position between two different domains. Though the improbability drive is pretty sweet.  

Wow XD interesting science fiction stuff for my game.

Sci-fi ftw!

Laplace...TRANSFORM!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: introduction, laplacefolf, laplace, Laplace Folf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users