#1 Godline

Godline

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hi there,

New person to the community!

I've been creating Visual Novels for two years now and have some titles to my name.  Problem is, that most of my stuff has a very spiritual slant and I'm finding it hard getting readership for it.  I'm wanting to transfer some games unto Steam, but I'm concerned about not getting greenlit, especially since you have to pay to sign up.

Anyway, this is my most recent game on android (it's not the final version): https://play.google....s?id=pt.caseone

Does anyone know what I can do to get the right people interested/get greenlit?  Do people even support getting games about Jesus on such a platform as Steam?

#2 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

Wow! You're really good! I don't think I know enough about game publishing, but I'm good at platformer game development. I picked up programming after a long while and I'm doing well. I've been making games since 2007. I was using The Games Factory 2 and other programs of the Multimedia Fusion series. I'm currently using Game Maker Studio Pro + Android Export. I'm planning to move to SDL2 after finishing a game in Game Maker Studio.

I don't know how people will perceive the game, but I know that there are gamers who just waste time to play violent games to fill their emptinesses and that such people will not like repenting for their sins which their soul will tell them upon seeing a Jesus game so they will reject both the game and Jesus. I'd go with the approach that the game allegorically speaks about Jesus or that it's way too fun for the player to even bother rejecting the game because of Jesus being in it. That way the message of Jesus might enter the player's subconscious mind while the player isn't even aware.

#3 NarnianKnight

NarnianKnight

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:44 PM

You are in my prayers ... and I do pray You both succeed in some way with your goals aligning with God's word.

Nintendo censors anything Christian or Jewish ever since Reggie became President of NoA so I don't see 3DS being palpitable unless it's an M rated game based on criticism of faith. He's now international HQ Pres for Nintendo now... after two cancer deaths in a row for the two first and second largest stockholders.

Anyways... I do think it's nice that you may work to make a faith based a game.  (Possibly some humorous clicking and pointing "pop-up book style" spoilers hidden along the way in the animations)

Edited by NarnianKnight, 18 August 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#4 Godline

Godline

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:04 AM

Thanks so much for all the advice! I'm working on getting into game publishing. But it's such hard work!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, steam, creative, Jesus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users