Photo

Looking for programming partner. Website related like PHP and JS. To make (us) money.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Species:Dragon Lynx, maybe idk
  • LocationPensacola Florida

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:46 AM

-edit-

I'm really looking for programmers, artists, and I guess musicians.

Who wants to team up in making games.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I never thought the day would come for me to team up with anyone. But now I would do it. I hate my job and I just want to make games and stuff but I can't. At least not fast enough.

Partner details:
We program anything and try to make money from it.

I thought about making a dating website, or even a furry one, but I don't want to deal with being hacked if that ever happens. I mean it happens to Sony I think. Plus it just feels like why bother. There's 50 other related websites available.

Well that's it. I'm just looking for partner(s) to try to make money with stuff. The only thing I know I can do that stands out from anyone is to have real simple stuff. Simple like, 3ds browser games. The 3ds browser sucks but I can make games on it. It's like 5 years late but still. Which then means, a computer wont lag at all. Plus I hate Flash games. But anyway it's simple. Most website take forever to load whether on my phone or laptop. Mainly my laptop though.

Of course for something like games I could then use Cafepress for money. Basically make people like a game, and buy stuff related to it. But whatever. It doesn't matter what the project it, I just want to work on stuff like it to make money.

Right now though I'm in a JS game making mood. I spent 6 hours just now on a game, and the only thing done was a main menu. 6 hours on a main menu. But at least it doesn't look bad. My gaming styling been improving.

Also check this game out, recommended on PC but playable on phone. To prevent pull down refreshing on phone, click the top left corner on main menu. However this then prevents the kill streak menu from scrolling down. http://3ds.chat/app/zombie_cod/

Now if only I made that 6 years ago for 3ds browser. I would have been famous and rich by now.

Edited by Hybrilynx, 09 July 2016 - 04:33 AM.

• SuperKuddlor likes this

1.png

#2 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:47 PM

Hey. I'd really like to help you, but I've begun with HTML+CSS after a while one week ago. I know somewhat of JS from the past. I'd like to build a physics engine and game entity management for you.

I really need money for my microcontroller projects, my laptop for college, my phone for, well, I don't have a working smartphone, and a tablet for drawing more furry cuddlings so that I can make money off of that. And also, I'd really like to collaborate with someone.

Now, would this "getting money" require me to sign any contracts? You know, I know nothing about law, politics, economics and finances. All I know is that it should be that we get money off of our work via ads, the ad management pays money to a PayPal account and you send me a part of that money. I'm just not sure if it is legal or should we pay tax. If we should pay taxes, we need to log them somehow. I don't know how that goes either. I've heard of the service called Taxamo which takes care of income taxes, but I don't know about taxes regarding teams. Are we even supposed to be a company in order to be a working team or can we just be a team?

I was thinking about making a clean furry website with my own Christian furry moral standards so that nobody can make NSFW stuff or troll anyone for being a Christian. I wrote a special commenting system that would fix the problems of one's comments getting deleted by trolls and other trolleryish stuff. The site would be full of privacy settings, filterings, friend lists, etc.. It would be like a mixture of a public art site like deviantART or Weasyl while also allowing a private place for chatting, sharing and discussing things with selected people.

Note that I haven't touched JavaScript in a long while, but I can help you in C (and a bit of C++) even if you wake me up in the middle of the night. I think JavaScript is similar to C++, right? I'll need a little help with migrating form C++ to JavaScript so I'd like it if you could help me a little bit. So, what's the plan with the game? I'd like to try something for free first before we get into payments and other legal stuff.

#3 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:04 PM

Well I wouldn't plan to "go big" any time soon. I don't know any legal stuff but I would assume something like Cafepress press (although expensive for customers) wouldn't have any problems to deal with.

For programming stuff, well it depends on what we will do. For like games, if the one I have shown above was finished, one way we could make money is by trying to get it popular and sell stuff on Cafepress with it on it. Even if people don't want to buy stuff, I made a $1.49 mini button $20. But I view it as a big donation button.

Of course over time we could do apps and in app purchases etc but I just want enough to survive for now.

I guess I should have mentioned more than just programmers. But artists, or musicians as well. I'm not sure what to do with C++ that anyone else could already do though.

And a Christian Furry website I don't see how that can turn into a profit.

1.png

#4 Neptas

Neptas

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:54 PM

The only game project I had concerning web-based application was a card game, an heavily-modified Uno (and pratically looks nothing like Uno anymore) that I created (physical version) like 4 years ago and always wanted an online version (using JavaScript, sometimes I'm thinking of using Unity and C# instead). No idea where the money could come from, but I'm guessing if the game has good success, you'll always be able to sell real copies or get some donations.

Keep in mind that any well-known websites will suffer through hacks, spambots and everything, even if no money is involved. People like breaking things for pleasure.

Otherwise, I'm not sure I would be really motivated to do a dating websites or something more standard. Websites in general are not really my cup of tea.

For the legal part, I know nothing myself but I have a few friends that probably knows a thing or two.

JS for game is not that beautiful, but in any case, if it's a game, I'm always interested to at least try stuff.

#5 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:32 AM

I have Game Maker Studio Pro + Android Export so I can make games for Android, but in Croatia, Google doesn't allow Merchant Accounts so there's no way for me to make money! :(

If you'd like me to port a game to Windows or Android, I can do that. I'll send you signed APK applications that have your key in it since you don't have Game Maker Studio Pro and I'm not allowed (according to the EULA) to give you control over Game Maker Studio Pro unless you have a license yourself.

A Christian furry website would pay out in form of peace and harmony in absence of disgustingness. I think we might use ads on the site and make some kind of Premium Memberships that have a fee. That would give us money.

Edit: I'm a musician so I could make some music, but I rarely get inspiration for music so that's gonna be a problem. I'm a good arranger, though.

Edited by SuperKuddlor, 06 July 2016 - 12:33 AM.

#6 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

Neptas I much prefer JS because I can pretty much makes games for anything with a internet browser and at least for non-3d games it's fast. Of course, I guess most technology now has good browsers but I know some people probably hates stuff like Flash games as much as I do. Because of the lag. And crashing. I once watched a video of a battery booster things with "facts" and their computer had flash crashed. I always keep flash disabled. But with web browser save data can go across platforms by login. And have online records and stuff.

I don't think ads is a good source of money to rely on.

SuperKuddler do you think you can make music for that zombie game I have? Also are you able to make games/apps for phones? I don't know if it's easy, or what I'm supposed to do at all, but it would be nice to make stuff for Google Play.

1.png

#7 Neptas

Neptas

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

From what I saw, Flash and JS have quite similar performance, it mostly relies on how you use them. I know some people have troubles accessing more recents websites because JS is everywhere on the page. 

Ads may be a problem, specially with the number of people using AdBlock or similar.

But with web browser save data can go across platforms by login. And have online records and stuff.

You can have online records with a native program in C++ too you know, otherwise that would mean every online game ever was browser-based :P,

And the same way, by default, saving in a browser means creating cookies, which are offline and stay inside the browser.

#8 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:54 PM

I could make an Android game if you'd like as long as I'd get some money for it. I have other important projects to do. I couldn't make iOS games because I'd need to have a Mac, agree to an EULA that feels like signing a contract about giving my liver (Monty Python reference) and pay $100 a year. I think I'll never ever target Apple's products. https://www.eff.org/...bile-app-iphone

I haven't yet seen the zombie game so I don't know what I should compose.

#9 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

I have the url above. It's http://3ds.chat/app/zombie_cod/

I don't think the type of music really matters. Just something that sounds good.

I can't pay anyone to do anything. Money comes from work that is done. Like if you helped with a game we later sold on Google Play, and sold it for $1 or had in app purchases, then that money would be spit however we agree and then given to us.

Neptas I viewed saving as saving to a profile. That's what I use to do. I never used cookies for saving.

Unless games are complicated, JS should be insanely faster than Flash. I always made JS games from scratch. I never used something even like jQuery. Which is JS, but a library. Or plugin. Whichever.

Edited by Hybrilynx, 06 July 2016 - 11:15 PM.

1.png

#10 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

I don't know the controls of the game. By the way, I think that HTML5+JS could be a good combo for video games.

#11 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

You use arrow keys to move the player. Other than that, first choose "combos" and select 3 options. Scroll down to exit then choose the player to play. All you do is move around to not die.

1.png

#12 Neptas

Neptas

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:35 AM

I don't know the controls of the game. By the way, I think that HTML5+JS could be a good combo for video games.

Well I personaly made an arcanoid game using JS and HTML5, and I quite disliked it. You really feel it's not made for that at all. And the overall behavior of JS (= Everything is a function, everything), is annoying (you don't do classes in JS, you do functions that behave like a class...). 

If you're not even using any external library (jQuery, Angular, ...), you'll spend most of your development time doing things people have already made, it's good for learning but extremely bad if you just want a result. I personaly think that if you use JS without using any external tool, you're not using JS' strongest point at all (being able to load any other JS script, even from another webpage).

JS is not "insanely faster" than Flash. Keep in mind JS is still an interpreted language, and thus, approximatively ~10 slower than a language like C/C++.

Sorry if I went a little off-topic, but I figured clearing those points are important.

#13 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:34 PM

I honestly still don't understand what classes are. I wouldn't care about using libraries if I'm teaming with someone, but I just never used them myself.

1.png

#14 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

What are peoples interest? I guess If we are going to make something, we all need to have the same interest. My main goal is for gaming. I also guess I need more than programmers.

I also saw a video of construct 2 and I was like wow. I could probably make games on it quickly then later recreate it for whatever reason, if necessary.

If anyone is interested in making a game, what kind of game are you interested in making? I've made plenty types of games (and for 3ds browser :3), such as tower defense, minecraft but 2d capable of 1 million blocks, flipnote studio, paint app, a near copy of defend your castle, small version of thisissand, and other ones. They never felt high quality though. Not like that zombie game above at least. By that I just mean the main menu. I really like that main menu.

Right now I'm working on a game maker game. Like this one (Click "Edit")

http://my3ds.org/app...rs_edition/v/1/

but with 8x8 pixel blocks and pretty much 100% better. Including having objects 16x16 in size, probably animate objects, collecting items, and moving items from one game to another. But I value this new version a lot, I will work on it independently. I only mention it because it's another game category. A game maker (games are made by the URL too).

There is a Metroid-like game I never finished here

http://my3ds.org/app/mictroid_prime/

but help on that is less programming and more making rooms and positioning where items go and pretty much everything except programming. But that's kind of against what I originally asked for.

If someone with power reads this can you change the thread name to:

"Looking for programmer, artist, musician to make money with websites, games/app, or other"

1.png

#15 Neptas

Neptas

• Christians†
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

For me it depends.If the game is to be put on a website, I clearly would prefer to try to do my card game, otherwise pretty much any kind interest me.

The problem I have with Construct 2 or Game Maker is that since I learned making games with Unity and Unreal Engine, I don't find the same liberty. While in Unity I can make my own scripts to practically do anything at all, it feels very limited in Construct 2.

#16 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:48 PM

I can only work in Game Maker Studio games for Windows, Android and OUYA. For other things, I think I would need to learn SDL2 or a game library. For my own game, I'm learning SDL2 so that I can make it cross-platform. It, however, won't work on HTML5 unless I use Oxygine which works on top of SDL2 and HTML5. If JS somehow allows objects, I can only help with the "backend" of the game engine such as game object members, methods, collisions, events, etc., but nothing regarding how graphics work and how they're rendered. I can do tile-based collisions and object-object collisions. I'd like to try slope collision too. I haven't tried the Mario kinda collision where there's a measurement of collision regarding direction (Goomba stomps Mario or Mario stomps Goomba. Block got hit from top or bottom or side?), but I'd like to try that.

#17 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

I'm kind of thinking now that if we are all basically working on a different language/game maker, then we're all basically working alone.

Edited by Hybrilynx, 09 July 2016 - 08:46 PM.

1.png

#18 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

Story of my life, buddy :(

#19 Rythe

Rythe

Ascension Is Coming

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:02 AM

Unity and Unreal Engines are probably the way to go at this level.

Flash is a bit harder path if you don't shell out the money for Adobe's IDE or similar.

If Unity, Unreal, and Flash are out - HAXE is more for us programmers while having plenty of game focused libraries to boot.

But I disagree with Neptas about JavaScript's limits involving objects. It's very easy to do cool things with JavaScript and Object Oriented Designs very quickly. The problem is that Javascript doesn't have native 2D libraries (beyond HTML5 Canvas) unless you dig up some a 3rd party has done. Also, yah, slow. That said, I do hope to work a JS + HTML5 Canvas project this winter and will have a better idea of how it all works out for games afterwards.

-Advocate Of Lost Souls-

#20 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:32 PM

I was recently kind of thinking about C and how its supposed to be fast but then I just dont think I can make anything that would stand out. The only thing I was thinking about with C anyway was basically minecraft/terraria. But that already exist.

1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users