Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Species:Dragon Lynx, maybe idk
  • LocationPensacola Florida

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

So I might start doing stitching art. If that's what it's called. But I mean this

https://www.dropbox.....38.55.jpg?dl=0

I bought it from a cat set, and after opening I was like holy crap this looks complicated, annoying, and that it will take forever to do. So instead I decided to work on a flower. Because that way it wont be stressful, or annoying, and I can't make mistakes. Actually, I can and have. But at least it's not a copying mistake.

I'm not sure if this would be something I continue, but I know I must have spent like 15-20 mins on this so far.

I do know there supposed to be a thing to hold the canvas in place, but I couldn't find it when I bought this. So I'm doing it without one. I feel like it would be 100 times easier if I had one though. This is also my first time btw, I never even put a string in a needle before. That was a lot more annoying than I thought. Well I have, but maybe when I was 10 or something, that doesn't count.
  • JollyRancher likes this

1.png

#2 BJbear2001

BJbear2001

Peon Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Species:Ursus horribilis
  • LocationTulsa, OK, USA

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

Sewing patterns are much like pixel art(no, I don't mean something someone digitally airbrushed.) Pixel art is the actual art or process of placing a single colored blot, with different blots, at several locations, to eventually create a recognizable visual.

Sewing patterns are much like pixel art because , as your image shows, each loop is a single point. Eventually, you have enough loops that the overall composition resembles some recognizable visual.

I, myself, am on the same level as you. The last time that I had a class in sewing was Vacation Bible School when I was 9 years old or something. I flounder at sewing. I try to crop a hoodie sew it together and instead have stitch lines of various lengths and frequencies.

I think you should do it! It would be fun to see what you make! I think you'll do better than myself too!

#3 Hybrilynx

Hybrilynx

Posting Freak

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Species:Dragon Lynx, maybe idk
  • LocationPensacola Florida

Posted 20 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

Well this took forever. Like maybe an hour. I don't think I need to have it "dashed" instead of straight lines, but oh well.

https://40.media.tum...6gtp1o1_400.jpg

1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users