1 reply to this topic

#1 Blackstone

Blackstone

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Species:undecided

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

So was doing some searching for prophecies and such. Figured i would look in matthew. Finally i get to matt 4:6-7 specifically. But continues on through verse 11

6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
    and they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[a]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[b]”

And i just see how Satan knows the scripture, and knew who Christ was to try and use it against Christ. Then we see how Christ just uses scripture vs scripture. Three times this was done.

But i just see how Satan could use the bible and how Christ used the bible. I see this as a call for us to maybe get to know our scriptures.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
  • Joshua Reynard likes this

#2 Joshua Reynard

Joshua Reynard

Friendly Fox

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Species:Red Fox
  • LocationNortheastern United States

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:03 AM

It's often said that in order to identify counterfeit money, federal agents first study real money. Blogger/author Tim Challies actually went to the Bank of Canada to verify this, and it turns out that it's true - federal agents really do study real money in order to recognize counterfeits. (At least they do in Canada, but I'm sure lots of other countries are the same way.) Scripture is the same way - to discern false doctrines (including entire books that claim to be Scripture but aren't), one must study the real Scriptures as the Bereans did in Acts 17:11.

• Blackstone and Cobalt-Lukather like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users